Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
khestergk

Losing credits

19 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
3,155 battles

Is it normal for my ship to lose credits after every battle, I'm losing like 70k after every fight and almost broke just playing my tier 9

[DPG]
Members
886 posts
4,410 battles
3 minutes ago, khestergk said:

Is it normal for my ship to lose credits after every battle, I'm losing like 70k after every fight and almost broke just playing my tier 9

Yes it's normal.  If you are using premium consumables and don't have a particularly amazing game you will lose credits.  Premium time helps and mounting signals but you still need to have a pretty good game to make a nice chunk of change.

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

Short answer:  Yes.

Tier 9 is absolutely brutal, you will need to join a clan, use economy camo or permanent camo and flags to stay credit positive consistently.

I have 3 lines at tier 9 myself but have to play lower tiers to rack us my credit balance before progressing on tier 9.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,948 battles

Below is a chart that shows your cost per match.  This does not include extras such as premium consumables, and ammunition costs:

Operating Costs by Tier
Tier Operating Cost per match
Tech Tree Ship
(base cost)
Tech Tree Ship
(with permanent camouflage)
Premium Ship
(base cost)
Premium Ship
(with premium camouflage)
I 0Silver_icon.png N/A N/A N/A
II 2,000Silver_icon.png N/A 2,000Silver_icon.png 1,800Silver_icon.png (-10%)
III 3,000Silver_icon.png N/A 3,000Silver_icon.png 2,700Silver_icon.png (-10%)
IV 5,000Silver_icon.png N/A 5,000Silver_icon.png 4,500Silver_icon.png (-10%)
V 11,500Silver_icon.png 10,350Silver_icon.png (-10%) 11,500Silver_icon.png 10,350Silver_icon.png (-10%)
VI 23,000Silver_icon.png 20,700Silver_icon.png (-10%) 21,850Silver_icon.png (×0.95) 19,665Silver_icon.png (-10%)
VII 42,000Silver_icon.png 37,800Silver_icon.png (-10%) 35,700Silver_icon.png (×0.85) 32,130Silver_icon.png (-10%)
VIII 75,000Silver_icon.png 67,500Silver_icon.png (-10%) 52,500Silver_icon.png (×0.7) 47,250Silver_icon.png (-10%)
IX 120,000Silver_icon.png 96,000Silver_icon.png (-20%) 60,000Silver_icon.png (×0.5) 48,000Silver_icon.png (-20%)
X 180,000Silver_icon.png 90,000Silver_icon.png (-50%) N/A

N/A

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles

T9 and T10 can loose credits unless you played well, they do this to encourage camo and premium time purchases.

Members
2 posts
3,155 battles

Thanks all, first time I have had to deal with losing credits every battle. Even when I do amazing its not like I am making good money.

[RST]
[RST]
Members
171 posts
14,866 battles
7 minutes ago, khestergk said:

Yes...yes.....simply yes. Had a bad game in my Izumo the other day and lost 80k...Premium consumables are the killer there. Also we lost the match.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
8 minutes ago, khestergk said:

While this game is advertised as free to play....everything within this game is designed for you to spend money on it. the bottom line is, what is your time worth, and is it worth you cracking your wallet to save time....

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

If you want to play ONLY T9-10, you've got to be really good or run a lower tier premium here and there, or actually spend money in one of several ways.  Best way if you want to stick with one high tier ship is to buy the premium camo for it.  You'll make credits even on mediocre to bad games then, permanently.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
21 minutes ago, khestergk said:

If and when you finally hit tier X you can always invest in the permanent camo for the ship.  (DO NOT SELL TIER X's).  It will help with the service cost of the ship and it will make them very playable. 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles

The only thing free in WOWs is tier (1) the rest we must help pay to play

[H_]
Members
780 posts

It's why many of us stopped playing Tier 9 and 10's completely....  Just non-value added financially and the game play is outright terrible with the radar meta and HE spam.  We only will play Tier 6 through 8 and if 8 keeps going as it is, where we are constantly playing Tier 10 ships (because fewer people are playing them and WG/MM has to steal tier 8's to fill the battle) and if that doesn't change soon, we're only playing tier 6 ships....  AND, even those matches have 2 or 4 radar ships usually.....   This has become a losing proposition of late and several in the clan have "taken extended breaks"......   We're all off in November when FO76 drops and the entire clan is "taking an extended vacation from WoWs" !!  (could be a very long time.....  Good luck OP.....!!!

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles

Here is how I make my tier X Gearing break even without Premium anything.

1. Have the clan -10% service cost building researched for your ship type.
  2. Use the -10% service cost signal flag (India Bravo Terrathree).
  3. Raise the + 20% credits signal flag (Zulu).
  4. Don -% service cost and/or +% credit camo if at all possible.
  5. Cap at least one cap alone or two if assisting.
  6. Do at least 40k damage. 

If you don't break even you may have to play a few games at tier VI or so to build up credits to pay for a single game at tier X.

Note that coal allows you to purchase economic flags. Also, go for "more signals and flags" or "more credits" with crates.

Do not:

Run anything that you have an additional service cost for (e.g., camo; consumables).

Edited by Snargfargle

[DENY]
Members
337 posts
4,684 battles

Perma camo is the way to go on t10 if you like the ship , with it you will make credit a lots of your good

[DAS]
Members
344 posts
4,307 battles

Getting the Mighty Mo is also a way to make credits no matter how poorly you play.

I had a game in which I sailed around a bit, did maybe 5-10K dmg and got torpedoed. It still made me 50K credits.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,849 posts
12,582 battles

@khestergk yes indeed you will lose credits on losses in the higher.tiers! That is why long before I made the move to tier 8 from tier 7 I banked all the credits I could. I had over 500 million saved up and close to 1 million free xp until recently when I used that to get all US cruisers from tier 6 to 10. That knocked the balance down a bit but in a short time I am back to almost 400 mil credits and 500 k free xp!

All you have to do is win, using camo and signal flags! Playing well and not getting sunk helps too!

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, khestergk said:

Premium Time. Problem solved.

[O7]
Members
524 posts
12,664 battles

Tier 9 and 10 is designed to make it difficult to make credits.  That's part of the business model.  This can be dealt with easily by: a) playing well, and b)premium time.  In all honesty aa month of premium account runs about the cost of one lunch.  Its really not that big of a deal.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,452 posts
5,595 battles

Tier 9 is the worst for losing money. Even with clan bonuses, flags, and that perma-camo you're still going to get brutal losses of credits.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this