You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scotty_SE

A quick compliment to DD captains

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,225 posts
8,474 battles

I know you guys have taken a lot of grief in this game, but I want to take a second to salute high tier DD's that bust their butts to win games, hold caps by the skin of their teeth, act as eye balls for the fleet, endure gatling gun fire from science fiction cruisers. and can be spotted through islands with a  radar mechanic that a 1980's James Bond would say 'get real'.

I play mostly BB's now, and can't think of a recent high tier game that was a close match and *not* heavily influenced by a DD captain on either side that punched in for over time.

I'm still critical of the T5 Minekazee clones that are grossly OP'd and insist need to be removed from the game,  but higher tier DD drivers have to work for their paycheck. In a tight high tier match that's close the one resource you have that's priceless and deserves full support is a DD driver(s) that know what they are doing. Anybody who can't admit the skills required to survive with high tier DD play and still influence matches is just being selfish or in denial...and this comes from a mostly BB driver.

\\\\\salute\\\\\\\

• Cool 24
  • Boring 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,284 posts
5,890 battles

I worked hard for that T5 Minekazee clone...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Well said.  Drive the 3 main classes pretty equally, but DD players, mains, or not, do deserve a salute.  I just hope WG stops nerfing DDs, directly or indirectly, even more like they have for years now, or else people are just not going to bother, and that would be a real shame.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
534 posts
12,744 battles

Tier 10 dd play hasn't really changed and is still the easiest way to influence every battle.  Rule of thumb, if you want to try and win 100% of your matches, then bring one dd in your division.  Simple as that.

• Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, Scotty_SE said:

I know you guys have taken a lot of grief in this game, but I want to take a second to salute high tier DD's that bust their butts to win games, hold caps by the skin of their teeth, act as eye balls for the fleet, endure gatling gun fire from science fiction cruisers. and can be spotted through islands with a  radar mechanic that a 1980's James Bond would say 'get real'.

I play mostly BB's now, and can't think of a recent high tier game that was a close match and *not* heavily influenced by a DD captain on either side that punched in for over time.

I'm still critical of the T5 Minekazee clones that are grossly OP'd and insist need to be removed from the game,  but higher tier DD drivers have to work for their paycheck. In a tight high tier match that's close the one resource you have that's priceless and deserves full support is a DD driver(s) that know what they are doing. Anybody who can't admit the skills required to survive with high tier DD play and still influence matches is just being selfish or in denial...and this comes from a mostly BB driver.

\\\\\salute\\\\\\\

It aint easy.  Tough even to break 100 K in damage sometimes.  Launching torps can either go the way you want it or just go horribly horribly wrong and you wind up with a Negative 1.  DDs are fun you just got to learn them and how to play them stay out of site until you want to be seen.  Play smartly.  The radar really isn't much of an issue.  Just more of an annoyance.

Edited by torpsRus

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

\\\\\salute\\\\\\\

OP is a genius who will likely get lots of random support in the near future.

Edited by w4spl3g

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles
2 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

\\\\\salute\\\\\\\

Related image

Thanks but I don't do any of that.

What I do is simply kill off all red DDs within the first 5 min of the match. Then I bugger off to farm my own damage, even if that means torps hit friendlies. Having me playing DD on your team is a blessing and a curse. Blessing, big botes won't have to worry about DDs. Curse, big botes better not block my farm or they get torped first.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Bad 1

[RST]
[RST]
Members
173 posts
14,998 battles
2 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

I'm still critical of the T5 Minekazee clones that are grossly OP'd and insist need to be removed from the game.

Agree with everything you said. Well except for this. I like the Minekaze clones and love the ship itself. Those other ships my have slightly better torps, but he Minekaze has better maneuverability. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadewe said:

Agree with everything you said. Well except for this. I like the Minekaze clones and love the ship itself. Those other ships my have slightly better torps, but he Minekaze has better maneuverability. 

Never been fond of the "Minakaze" type. Always preferred the "Fubuki" type more because of better weapon arrangement.

Members
3,826 posts
14,179 battles

My hat's off to the DDrivers who're still doing great despite all of the radar. Those folks are proof that one can adapt and overcome.

Kudos to those folks! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,061 posts
13,873 battles
3 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

\\\\\salute\\\\\\\

Thank you.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Hey, thanks man. I get bitter and angry at times, vow to not scout caps, no spotting, ect.. I can't bring myself to actually do it. 

I like to play for the win, so I play a DD

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

I hate playing most DDs because I am so bad at them (picture how bad a CV player a DD or BB main usually is, that is how bad I am), but when I see almost no DDs on my team, and lots of BBs, I am quite worried, because those DDs have as much influence as most CVs. I like lots of DDs because if one screws up, or I am forced into a position where I can’t support him, then that won’t matter as much for the victory. 

Salute to DDs who play to the objective and stick with it, even a division of Russian DDs can terrify the BBs into the back of the map. 

Keep being amazing and helpful!

(now DIE stupid radar ship!)

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,278 posts
9,464 battles

Destroyers are cute.

Well... most of the time.

AZ9hj.png

When they work with the team skillfully it really is nice though!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
58 posts
11,185 battles

Minekaza was great the first year - I quit when they numb-nutted it

(it's crap now, not sure why anyone would bother criticizing it, or sneak its criticism into a post supposedly lauding DDs)

restarted couple months later on a diff id I created for a girlfriend

(who never played - lol)

Edited by PIGARD

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
7 minutes ago, Battleship_lowa said:

Destroyers are cute.

Well... most of the time.

AZ9hj.png

When they work with the team skillfully it really is nice though!

You forgot to label the Willy Dee, or at least the ship’s skipper or captain at the time. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by GabeTheDespot

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,278 posts
9,464 battles
4 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

You forgot to label the Willy Dee, or at least the ship’s skipper or captain at the time. :Smile_trollface:

Perhaps I'm unsure if the forums have rules against naming and shaming, ha!

Edited by Battleship_lowa
  • Funny 1