You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

The cruelties of this game and a laugh..

23 comments in this topic

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

At my expense... So by the time I played the Zao, I was ready to fist fight a water buffalo.....then it happened... 183k in my Zao with 12 mins to go, 85% health, several ships remaining including some big health pools.....clearly a great chance at a personal Zao record, maybe even a personal damage record, and while I have no idea what the over all Zao record is...maybe I get on the leaderboard...finally after this gong show of a day.....My antennae gets clipped and I detonate...…. 

my mind set now....

See the source image

Qim9B3Z.jpg

Edited by Sweetsie

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles

ROFLMAO......I can feel your pain my brother.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

There is a reason I hate Tier IX+ battles (except for Shimakaze). Iowa will end up alone with no support. My own fault... though I will still blame my team for not supporting me. :cap_fainting:

[SBS]
Members
2,462 posts
2,253 battles

Sorry to hear it.  I hate dets, it doesn't matter which side I'm on when it happens either. 

Who's going to be the troll that tells you that you deserved it because you didn't have the det flag mounted????

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
1 minute ago, DreadRaybo said:

At least you broke that losing streak, right?!?

I don't know, I almost rather have done 70k, won and moved on , rather than finally winning, sniffing greatness and get kicked in the chode…..

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
544 battles
48 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

My antennae gets clipped and I detonate...…. 

Fun™ and Engaging® game mechanics. Because when the game being 100% RNG 100% of the time isn't fun enough, randomly exploding just makes it all the better.

• Cool 1

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,387 battles

I feel your pain. My Zao got detonated last night as well (its a conspiracy!) early in the match in open water by a blind fired torp from a Shimmy. I really hate to get & give dets though I must confess I hate getting them more... :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,207 battles
51 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Sorry to hear it.  I hate dets, it doesn't matter which side I'm on when it happens either. 

Who's going to be the troll that tells you that you deserved it because you didn't have the det flag mounted????

On the bright side, OP does get ten free det flags to soothe their pain.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,112 posts
3,577 battles

I'm in the same kind of funk. I even hand a Hindi TK me in a Yamato for my last 5k HP, 6 seconds before RP was off cool down.

[SIMP]
Members
1,015 posts

Welcome to the hidden, "Even Steven" coding in the game.

No one can do too well - hence the 50% average win rate. The game saw you were somehow having an awesome match and put a stop to it immediately.

P.S. I'm curious, were you flying an anti-detonation flag at the time? Seems like this would be one of those rare cases where it didn't work that the Devs ask about all the time (because the 'Even Steven' coding took priority over it).

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
8,120 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

At my expense... So by the time I played the Zao, I was ready to fist fight a water buffalo.....then it happened... 183k in my Zao with 12 mins to go, 85% health, several ships remaining including some big health pools.....clearly a great chance at a personal Zao record, maybe even a personal damage record, and while I have no idea what the over all Zao record is...maybe I get on the leaderboard...finally after this gong show of a day.....My antennae gets clipped and I detonate...…. 

my mind set now....

See the source image

Qim9B3Z.jpg

Atleast it was the high end of an atrocious loosing streak. Besides, the highest Zao damage replay ive seen topped 300k. Furthermore, if it gives you aby comfort: 183k is far from any record at t10.

Edited by Crokodone

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
3 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Atleast it was the high end of an atrocious loosing streak. Besides, the highest Zao damage replay ive seen topped 300k. Furthermore, if it gives you aby comfort: 183k is far from any record at t10.

not with 12 minutes to go and full health, it provides no comfort.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,039 posts
9,786 battles
27 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Welcome to the hidden, "Even Steven" coding in the game.

No one can do too well - hence the 50% average win rate. The game saw you were somehow having an awesome match and put a stop to it immediately.

P.S. I'm curious, were you flying an anti-detonation flag at the time? Seems like this would be one of those rare cases where it didn't work that the Devs ask about all the time (because the 'Even Steven' coding took priority over it).

The 50% average isn't due to coding.  It's due to the fact there are two teams and one must always lose (discounting draws).  12 winners.  12 losers.  It's simple mathematics.    Unless (and I'm sure you'd agree this was unfair) a minority of poor players was always placed on the losing team, the average must be 50% for the whole.   If players all improved in skill, the average would still be 50% because the median line would also be raised (see ranked once the good players wash out).  Now say you have a minority of good players and a minority of bad players.  In enough games with random team distribution, that evens itself out as well.  The average player neither contributes to victory more than his compatriots nor pushes them more toward defeat.  The only way for the server average to change is if the majority was playing a minority of less skilled players the majority of the time. This is called coop where you have 12 players vs 12 bots of a set difficulty level. 

People can and do perform with better than 50% win rate wise on a regular basis.  There are also people who actively harm their teams' chances of victory with worse than 50% win rates.  Both groups aren't average.  They are the outliers on a bell curve, or normal distribution and cancel each other out.

There is no conspiracy here. Only RNG shenanigans.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,048 posts
9,345 battles

Feel your pain, had like 185K game going in my Grosser T10 in a T9 battle...everything going my way, almost full health.  I decide moving in even closer is a good idea, but suddenly confronted with 4 ships-behind some islands and undetected DD, think well this isn't so bad...dead at 225K but was looking for the real big game. (died in the next 3-4 minutes)

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
4 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

The 50% average isn't due to coding.  It's due to the fact there are two teams and one must always lose (discounting draws).  12 winners.  12 losers.  It's simple mathematics.    Unless (and I'm sure you'd agree this was unfair) a minority of poor players was always placed on the losing team, the average must be 50% for the whole.   If players all improved in skill, the average would still be 50% because the median line would also be raised (see ranked once the good players wash out).  Now say you have a minority of good players and a minority of bad players.  In enough games with random team distribution, that evens itself out as well.  The average player neither contributes to victory more than his compatriots nor pushes them more toward defeat.  The only way for the server average to change is if the majority was playing less skilled players the majority of the time. This is called coop.

People can and do perform with better than 50% win rate wise on a regular basis.  There are also people who actively harm their teams' chances of victory with worse than 50% win rates.  Both groups aren't average.  They are the outliers on a bell curve, or normal distribution and cancel each other out.

There is no conspiracy here. Only RNG shenanigans.

jk

See the source image

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

my mind set now....

See the source image

Qim9B3Z.jpg

Easy fix ... fly da flag, fly da flag, fly da flag ... det flag

of course the game will know your flying it and respond accordingly.. it’s a cruel world 

love the Zao my highest store is 210.000 damage, seem to be luck of the draw positioning usually its 60 and above ... it’s not a good brawler 

Members
1,866 posts

Since it yields 10 anti-detonation flags for clan battles, I'm happy to detonate in randoms. We had our Yamato detonate in a clan battle, it was no bueno.

[BOTES]
Beta Testers
70 posts
9,990 battles
3 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

my mind set now....

See the source image
Qim9B3Z.jpg

That sensation you're feeling is called engagement, coupled with fun.

[SIMP]
Members
832 posts
8,401 battles
3 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

my mind set now....

See the source image

Pro Tip - 3 losses in a row, quit for the day.

Sorry to hear about your carp storm day

Edited by _cthulhu_

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
30 minutes ago, fonzy666 said:

That sensation you're feeling is called engagement, coupled with fun.

Never looked it that way.. I was thinking is was nerd rage and bewilderment.