You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question about Permanent Campaigns

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles

Is it better to concentrate on one and finish it off, or run tasks from multiple campaigns at the same time?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,233 posts
14,657 battles

I tend to focus a campaign hard until it completes before a new one comes out.  That said, I'd suggest focus to complete one and start work on another.

It's not enough to get MAYBE 1 item drop, 1 Duplicate for a collection per day.  IMO.

This is made even worse if those drops are spread out with multiple collections being worked out.

Focus one, get the required collectible, rack up the Duplicates quicker so you can buy the last, hard to acquire ones earlier.

Members
571 posts

I play the PT and don't need to Grind anything. WG gives me everything I need to have fun. Doubloons Credits Ships Captains Premium Time all the modes all the excitement, none of the headaches.

The PT "Fits" My Play schedule. Two sessions every Month and they give out Free stuff on my Live account.{Although I haven't Played it in Months} If I ever do go back to it I will have Multiple Premium Days tons of flags and camos. But I doubt I will ever go back to Grinding anything.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Focus one, get the required collectible, rack up the Duplicates quicker so you can buy the last, hard to acquire ones earlier.

Yeah, about that - I have three items left in the American collection (for the Cleveland camo), and I focused on closing out the subcollections as fast as possible so that unwanted duplicates would accumulate faster and I could buy out the empty gaps with them. Any issues at all, I'm prepared to donate a bit of money to Wargaming for crates.

As far as the Yamamoto campaign goes, I cheated - the Ishizuchi Steam bundle a while back had two Yama containers in it and was absurdly stupidly cheap, so I got it. 

1 minute ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I play the PT and don't need to Grind anything.

I'm very familiar with the benefits of PT, but this post of yours is popping up everywhere to the point where it's almost a nuisance/spam. 

Members
571 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm very familiar with the benefits of PT, but this post of yours is popping up everywhere to the point where it's almost a nuisance/spam. 

I read about your Grinds for everything. I just prefer PT over Grinding and it is the answer to the constant Grind.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
56 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I read about your Grinds for everything. I just prefer PT over Grinding and it is the answer to the constant Grind.

It doesn't meet my desire for how often I play WOWS.

Members
1,089 posts
6,035 battles
1 hour ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I play the PT and don't need to Grind anything. WG gives me everything I need to have fun. Doubloons Credits Ships Captains Premium Time all the modes all the excitement, none of the headaches.

The PT "Fits" My Play schedule. Two sessions every Month and they give out Free stuff on my Live account.{Although I haven't Played it in Months} If I ever do go back to it I will have Multiple Premium Days tons of flags and camos. But I doubt I will ever go back to Grinding anything.

That sounds like the Wrong Way, Feldman!

[-WPG-]
Members
828 posts
3,403 battles

Campaigns or collections?  If the latter, I'd say it's best to focus on one at at time.  For campaigns, it depends I guess.  I run premium so have 3 goals going on at the same time.  I run 2 on the Yamamoto, and one on Halsey.  This is because for me, many of the missions are just too improbable, so I run the easy 1-stars over and over ("gain X credits/xp after modifiers) to get through them faster.  

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
17 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Campaigns or collections?  If the latter, I'd say it's best to focus on one at at time.  For campaigns, it depends I guess.  I run premium so have 3 goals going on at the same time.  I run 2 on the Yamamoto, and one on Halsey.  This is because for me, many of the missions are just too improbable, so I run the easy 1-stars over and over ("gain X credits/xp after modifiers) to get through them faster.  

Campaigns. I'm currently on non-premium, and having a good look at the various tasks tells me I can reliably finish off the Yamamoto one off first, plus there are eight supercontainers up for grabs. Like you, I let the ones that complete themselves over any number of battles run in the background, but it's time to start sharpening the focus a little.

As to collections, I had Yamamoto running until the Indy Marathon arrived to start the American collection, but since the latter has a tangible prize (the Cleveland camo), I decided to concentrate on that one. As soon as I have the camo in hand, I'm switching back to the Yamamoto collection and letting that flow in.