You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

HE Spam a Problem? Lets Sell Atlanta for $20

46 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,537 battles

Really??? Like HE spam radar and the like isn't already bad enough. Glad I uninstalled. 

• Funny 4
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 10

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
9,585 battles

Just go already.

• Cool 9

Members
9,997 posts

Most players will not be able to make Atlanta work, I forecast far more dead Atlanta's than additional fire damage. 

• Cool 2

Members
571 posts

I play in the PT, nothing in the PT matters. It is funded by WG you spend there credits and Doubloons sail in ships you don't own or care for. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles

If you put as much effort into improving your gameplay as you do with your initiation of whine threads, you'd have been a Unicum by now, OP.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles

Since you uninstalled go ahead and leave the forums too. We will all be better off without you.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,208 battles

HE spam is only a problem if you sit there and take the HE bukkake in the face.

Have seen many times, in game, where a BB just parks at a place bow on, getting HE spammed, and complaining about HE spams. Well Biaaatch MOVE YOUR BOTE!?

Then there are island humpers that think they are safe. Remains stationary behind a rock, and getting HE rain straight down onto them and the rocks do nothing.

MOVE, ATTACK, FORCE THE ENGAGEMENT.

If the HE spammer hiding behind the island has little support and no torps (or just recently used torps), charge it.

If the HE spammer relies on other ships to spot for them, kill or push out their spotters. (but what if the spotter is CV planes? well then  pray to god your CV's better.. CVs should be removed from the game till remake's complete.)

If HE spammer requires a place to hump, deny them that place. (this point can't be repeated enough, there are no place on any map that cannot be flanked.) 

Closer a BB is to a cruiser, more powerful the BB is. Having a sniping fight with a cruiser that turns 3 times faster at more than 15 km range is asking to get HE bukkakeed to death.

Remember HE and fire is only annoying if you let them to be.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,902 battles
10 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Really??? Like HE spam radar and the like isn't already bad enough. Glad I uninstalled. 

If you uninstalled, why are you even bothering to post? Go find something else to play.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,480 battles

I’m not sure how else you’d propose a ship with 14 5” guns and short range torpedoes would kill anything.

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
13 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

If you uninstalled why do you care?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
12 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Really??? Like HE spam radar and the like isn't already bad enough.

You're going to miss the crowds of amateurs who'll buy her, try to fight out in the open, and get blown out of existence time and again. This is a salt mine in the making, and I can't wait to see the results.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,859 battles
10 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I play in the PT, nothing in the PT matters. It is funded by WG you spend there credits and Doubloons sail in ships you don't own or care for. 

What is the PT?

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,859 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're going to miss the crowds of amateurs who'll buy her, try to fight out in the open, and get blown out of existence time and again. This is a salt mine in the making, and I can't wait to see the results.

lol get ready for the Atlanta needs a buff salt threads.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
17 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

I'll second this motion.  Or hey make Akizuki a premium destroyer lol.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
17 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Glad I uninstalled. 

I am too if you're this negative in game. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I remember being one of those.  I was new to the game, Tier V Omaha was my highest tiered ship, and I bought Atlanta and Atago and was getting rekt.  It took me ages to "even out" my Atlanta stats and I still haven't gotten around to salvage my Atago stats.  It was ugly.

Members
571 posts
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

What is the PT?

PT is the Public Test Server every month before the next update they open the new content to try out.

They give you 30k doubloons 500 mil Credits and  15 point captains to play with

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,480 battles

Atlanta is a $20 shortcut to the bottom of the ocean if you don’t know what you’re doing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Tier V Omaha was my highest tiered ship

When she's top tier, a properly positioned and well played Omaha can be every bit as nasty as the Atlanta, and probably worse because of her better maximum range. I once did 130K damage in one and sank two (or was it three) ships without getting a scratch on mine. Awesome game. Best fun I ever had in World of Warships.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
302 posts
9,887 battles

The Lolanta is a fun ship but is frustration in the making for new captains. Without a very tailored build, and a lot of caution on the part of the player sailing her, people will not enjoy her. She is made out of matchsticks and citadels so yeah, waiting on the threads about how bad she is. Let me get some memes ready.....

Want+some+cheese+with+that+whine+this+is

Ah, ok, all set

[SBS]
Members
2,491 posts
2,253 battles

As is typical of the forum people want to attack the OP and not address the point raised.  Does the game need more radar and HE spam?  The answer is no.  I don't think anyone would disagree. 

As for the masses buying this ship and getting rekt, yep that's how it will go down.  Except, there will be 20% of those people that will click with her and be more radar and HE spam cancer to the game.  This coming from a person with the Atlanta as their most played ship.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

HqoXe4n.jpg

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

When she's top tier, a properly positioned and well played Omaha can be every bit as nasty as the Atlanta, and probably worse because of her better maximum range. I once did 130K damage in one and sank two (or was it three) ships without getting a scratch on mine. Awesome game. Best fun I ever had in World of Warships.

I had Omaha during her "OPmaha" days, back when AFT & BFT buffed 155mm and smaller guns.  She was so fun and everyone kept theirs.  But me being new, buying Atlanta was a terrible move.  All the sins you could possibly do in Cruiser and Atlanta gameplay, I was doing, and I couldn't figure out for a long time why I was getting rekt.  This was made even worse with a scrub with Tier V experience getting a Tier VII Premium Cruiser going into the old MM with VII's going into Tier X. 

YES.  I WAS STARING AT YAMATO GUNS WITH ATLANTA.

I was getting hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hits, but I looked at the damage and it was pitiful.  It took a long time to figure it out and it took even longer to just even my stats out on her.  Once I figured her out, Atlanta became the reason why I had my first batch of High Point USN Captains.  There was no IFHE back then to help me out.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway