You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dionkraft

Getting Credits without doing anything

28 comments in this topic

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles

This is confusing me as i got credits yet I did nothing in the game.  I fired 12 shots but they landed on a just deleted enemy ship. I got a devastating strike upon me at 10 minutes into game.  I figured I would probably get a minus credit but yet I did not as per screen caps below.  I spent 42 doubloons on 5 signals and on premium time.  And yet I got credits for no effort.  Why is that?

shot-18.07.18_10.49.49-0948.jpg

shot-18.07.18_10.49.55-0758.jpg

shot-18.07.18_10.50.05-0528.jpg

Members
537 posts
2,754 battles

Wargaming has certain values in place to ensure high paying players always have an enjoyable gaming experience.  

Have you spent at least three figures on this game?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
4 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

I got a devastating strike upon me at 10 minutes into game.

You got those credits for lasting ten minutes, possibly also boosted by the flags you were carrying.

You tanked 318,000 potential damage, which is shells and torpedoes that weren't being fired at your team-mates.

Without knowing the exact algorithms WG uses to dole out cash, I could not say more.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
1 minute ago, Desmios said:

Wargaming has certain values in place to ensure high paying players always have an enjoyable gaming experience.  

Based on my experience and spending, this is a complete lie and probably constitutes libel against Wargaming. Don't come crying to me when your account gets deleted.

• Bad 2

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,273 posts
9,462 battles

You have some potential damage, spotting damage and were not afk (you have distance traveled), so you get a little!

• Cool 1

Members
569 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Based on my experience and spending, this is a complete lie and probably constitutes libel against Wargaming. Don't come crying to me when your account gets deleted.

ROFLMAO 

Why would they go crying to you?

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,256 posts
8,868 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You didn't extrapolate he was just pulling the leg, so to speak, of the OP? Apparently not...

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
1 minute ago, _Rumple_ said:

You didn't extrapolate he was just pulling the leg, so to speak, of the OP? Apparently not...

I can't be sure about that these days; some people say some pretty tinfoil-hattish things about the Developers and WG in general.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
32 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

This is confusing me as i got credits yet I did nothing in the game.  I fired 12 shots but they landed on a just deleted enemy ship. I got a devastating strike upon me at 10 minutes into game.  I figured I would probably get a minus credit but yet I did not as per screen caps below.  I spent 42 doubloons on 5 signals and on premium time.  And yet I got credits for no effort.  Why is that?

If you really look at it, your not really getting anything.  That basically supplies the resupply cost of your ship for that battle.  It just may seem like you are getting credits for doing nothing but you really aren't.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,832 battles
30 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Yeah if that were the case I would have a 100% win rate.

• Funny 1

Members
1,078 posts
5,980 battles
42 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

Tier 6 has low operating costs. Your operating cost for the battle was so low that it didn't even add up to the cost of one premium consumable, which means you had all standard consumables loaded.

Your doubloons you spent on signals have nothing to do with credit earnings unless you spend them on credit-earning signals or camos.

Load up on premium consumables (choose to pay in credits, not doubloons), and soon you will not be offended at profiting from battles like that one.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
900 posts
5,952 battles

Fleet,

Before this discussion turns into a Senate debate involving pie throwing and mud-slinging, let's stay on topic and continue to discuss the OP regarding the battle economy of Random Battles.

Remember to keep all posts and discussions civil, respectful, and constructive.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles
1 hour ago, Desmios said:

As for money spent - yeah..I am in the low four figure group you might say!    I know you have to spend money to make XP so that you can go up the tech tree but I didn't know that I could generate XP by almost doing nothing!

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You got those credits for lasting ten minutes, possibly also boosted by the flags you were carrying.

You tanked 318,000 potential damage, which is shells and torpedoes that weren't being fired at your team-mates.

Without knowing the exact algorithms WG uses to dole out cash, I could not say more.

So what your saying is that credits are generated by staying alive longer? So if I had lasted to almost 20 minutes and did nothing to damage or spot I would get a higher credit allowance?  I never thought of the time credit

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_lowa said:

You have some potential damage, spotting damage and were not afk (you have distance traveled), so you get a little!

MOST of the distance traveled was from running away from Enemy BB's which were closing in on our small light attack group. Next thing team mates  were GONE!   Just me....LOL!

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles
45 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

If you really look at it, your not really getting anything.  That basically supplies the resupply cost of your ship for that battle.  It just may seem like you are getting credits for doing nothing but you really aren't.

Good point on your remarks.  In a way I am getting credits returned that I paid for in the first place I guess!

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles
36 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Tier 6 has low operating costs. Your operating cost for the battle was so low that it didn't even add up to the cost of one premium consumable, which means you had all standard consumables loaded.

Your doubloons you spent on signals have nothing to do with credit earnings unless you spend them on credit-earning signals or camos.

Load up on premium consumables (choose to pay in credits, not doubloons), and soon you will not be offended at profiting from battles like that one.

Only doubloons spent were on:

ZULU  8 dbl

India Bravo Terrathree  4dbl

Equal Speed Charlie London  16 dbl

ZULU Hotel  6 dbl

PAPA  8 dbl

CAMO: Type 10 which gives 50% more XP

And your advice on loading up and pay with CREDIT - Great advice on your part!  

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
49 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Fleet,

Before this discussion turns into a Senate debate involving pie throwing and mud-slinging, let's stay on topic and continue to discuss the OP regarding the battle economy of Random Battles.

Remember to keep all posts and discussions civil, respectful, and constructive.

#anchorsaweigh

I second this motion lol

Members
537 posts
2,754 battles

Do you actually get xp just for staying alive?

Members
1,078 posts
5,980 battles
17 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

And your advice on loading up and pay with CREDIT - Great advice on your part!  

Of course, your credits earnings will go down (although premium consumables may help you stay in your battles longer and actually help you earn more in the end), but yeah, doubloons come from REAL MONEY, and you want to minimize spending that!

Members
2,501 posts
5,487 battles
1 hour ago, Desmios said:

THATS a good question.....If you could set up training room to check that theory it would be nice but there are no scores or credits counted so thats not gonna work.  Lets say if it did, would that make some players go into reverse when the game starts?    Then again...does WOW count reverse as a stat in the traveled counter?   I'm thinking it probably does unlike a car which does not register reverse on the odometer. 

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

At T6, that is the win value for showing up on a winning team and not being afk.  The premium ship helps too.  At lower tiers, it is hard to lose credits, especially if you have premium time and a premium ship.

[SOV]
Members
465 posts
10,958 battles

Up to t7 you can't really lose money especially with prem time. At t9 and t10 wothout prem time it seems no madder how good of a battle I have. 

I just got seattle and have not even broke even yet. I am going to push for the free prem camo for Worchester or she will never go out!

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles

Some time ago there was a hack we’re a program would auto load your ship into the game start the ship moving but nothing else the ship would eventually sail into a boundary or Island this would get you a small xp and credits 24-7... Wows wised up to this and now if the ship does not fire guns and is obviously Bott controlled you receive 0 it’s not exactly clear how they figure this out but they do

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Desmios said:

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, dionkraft said:

THATS a good question.....If you could set up training room to check that theory it would be nice but there are no scores or credits counted so thats not gonna work.  Lets say if it did, would that make some players go into reverse when the game starts?    Then again...does WOW count reverse as a stat in the traveled counter?   I'm thinking it probably does unlike a car which does not register reverse on the odometer. 

There is a minimum distance travelled requirement (believe it is right about 10 km) that guarantees you a small amount of XP & credits even if you get instantly tanked right after passing that threshold...if you fail to make it 10 km you used to receive a 0 XP 0 credit rating & a message stating that "you have not contributed to this battle"...now your receive a disciplinary warning due to inactivity...but that may be cancelled out in 1 of 2 ways...if you managed to make it into a cap (for even a moment) or if you managed to hit an enemy ship (there may be a damage need as opposed to just hitting a ship but I don't think so).

I'm sure the guaranteed XP & credits vary per tier but I'm actually surprised you didn't get more for the potential damage...it's supposed to generate some XP in & of itself & I've received over 200 XP for just barely making it over the 10 km mark & getting instantly deleted after that...so why your base XP after over 300k potential is just over 250s is confusing...I know it's not supposed to be a lot but do you need 1M+ to even get 100 XP for it.