Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Time for a long break

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

783
[NG-NL]
Members
5,026 posts
8,264 battles

Another of those streaks where dummies love reducing what was a fun game into 1-sided blowouts. So hard to enjoy the game when the potatoes ruin high tiers w/ their campfest and 100% allergy to doing anything right. Heck, I even get aggressive in FDG, tell the Worchester behind me I'm going in hard, and oh, wow, the chicken just has to hide in back because afraid of getting shot at. Had he come he could've done some serious damage to a nearby Hindy while me and Tirpitz kept a reversing Bismarck from unloading on him, but no...

 

Think I'd have enough of the stupidity and laziness and whatever else makes a bad player a pain in pvp for a while. Leaving the game installed, but yes need a vacation.

 

Just me, but if WG made rewards contingent on achieving a certain base XP (your ship's tier * 110, basically reach this if want to be rewarded), then yeah, the baddies would quickly get swamped by their own incompetence and we can offer to tutor them on playing better, but whatever. The F2P crowd, from my Tera days, simply don't want to improve.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles

Hey was Tera any good? I MISS high fantasy MMO's but it seems like there are not any MMO's that offer a flat subscription. They all seem micro-transaction heavy pay to win affairs. I miss Age Of Conan, Dungeons And Dragons Online, SWTOR.........If I could find a new one to play I would take a break from WOW's too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,062
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

Just play the best ships at each tier. Massachusetts and Worcester have been providing me with tons of enjoyment recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
291
[H_]
Members
801 posts

There is profit in making WoWs a Arcade FPS......  No longer a Iron and Steel ship era game that had to have "roles" to survive without EW or electronic technologies...  Roles have responsibilities......responsibilities require dedication, confidence and courage.......roles make you think "outside of the box" to get a leg up on your adversaries....and, none of these concepts exist in most Arcade FPS....  They are simply 'see the bad guys, shot them into tiny pieces and repeat....

We are there in this game.  Like WoTs before it, that is dumbed down into a pure micro-trasaction Arcade FPS that is no longer anywhere near WG's  original "Value Proposition"....  Oh yes, we are there me thinks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
569 posts

I play Blizzard Diablo II and Expansion. When I get like you. Yes it is OLD and I have beaten it many many times but it is my goto when I want to relax and Kill Sh*t. {Nothing beats Taking out the Three Prime Evils}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
977
Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles

I yakked yesterday bout what a bad time I am having. Steadily losing. Can't figure out why so many of the teams I am getting seem to not have any aggressive instincts. This can't go on.  Just gotta be a bad run. Someone is winning.  Just gotta ride it out.  I honestly do feel it being summer is a factor. How much though is just speculation.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,462
[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles
2 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I play Blizzard Diablo II and Expansion. When I get like you. Yes it is OLD and I have beaten it many many times but it is my goto when I want to relax and Kill Sh*t. {Nothing beats Taking out the Three Prime Evils}

Reminds me of my Warcraft II days.  The game is as old as hell now, but I could still play it for hours on end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

On a losing streak now too. Was on a winning streak following a losing streak that came after a winning streak. 

Basically been this way for almost 7000 battles  

Purely a coincidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[SIDE]
Members
1,261 posts
8,868 battles
37 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Hey was Tera any good? I MISS high fantasy MMO's but it seems like there are not any MMO's that offer a flat subscription. They all seem micro-transaction heavy pay to win affairs. I miss Age Of Conan, Dungeons And Dragons Online, SWTOR.........If I could find a new one to play I would take a break from WOW's too.

Everquest. An oldie, but a goodie. The only micro-transactions are cosmetic.

Titanquest and Path of Exile also. PoE is free to play, with cosmetic only in the shop and Titanquest is pay once for the game. Both are easy though. If you want a challenge, play EQ(however, it is prescription based), but worth it. There is a reason it's still strong after 20 years.

Edited by _Rumple_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
928
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,497 battles
17 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Another of those streaks where dummies love reducing what was a fun game into 1-sided blowouts. So hard to enjoy the game when the potatoes ruin high tiers w/ their campfest and 100% allergy to doing anything right. Heck, I even get aggressive in FDG, tell the Worchester behind me I'm going in hard, and oh, wow, the chicken just has to hide in back because afraid of getting shot at. Had he come he could've done some serious damage to a nearby Hindy while me and Tirpitz kept a reversing Bismarck from unloading on him, but no...

 

Think I'd have enough of the stupidity and laziness and whatever else makes a bad player a pain in pvp for a while. Leaving the game installed, but yes need a vacation.

 

Just me, but if WG made rewards contingent on achieving a certain base XP (your ship's tier * 110, basically reach this if want to be rewarded), then yeah, the baddies would quickly get swamped by their own incompetence and we can offer to tutor them on playing better, but whatever. The F2P crowd, from my Tera days, simply don't want to improve.

This plague of passive play has reached down into the low tiers now, making them as much of a mess as high tiers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
977
Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
21 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

This plague of passive play has reached down into the low tiers now, making them as much of a mess as high tiers. 

Playing co-op for now. Mid-tiers. I am seeing players running, hiding, sitting in back and all that kinda passive stuff.....IN CO_OP!  Also mindless yoloing.  If these types are doing this in co-op imagine how they are playing in random? Scratching my head. O well, take the good with the bad but if this don't get better I am outta here for the summer. Getting matches where I think I am playing with 7 year olds.....and I probably am. :Smile_teethhappy:  Bad run.  Gotta change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
38 posts
891 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Hey was Tera any good? I MISS high fantasy MMO's but it seems like there are not any MMO's that offer a flat subscription. They all seem micro-transaction heavy pay to win affairs. I miss Age Of Conan, Dungeons And Dragons Online, SWTOR.........If I could find a new one to play I would take a break from WOW's too.

I still play DDO as a break from WoWs. I buy the yearly VIP whenever they have it on sale and pop on a couple times a week for mindless hack-n-slash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles
Just now, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

I still play DDO as a break from WoWs. I buy the yearly VIP whenever they have it on sale and pop on a couple times a week for mindless hack-n-slash.

I have not played since the lvl cap was 12. Although the game is mostly solo content now right? When I played there was no solo content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,273
[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Hey was Tera any good? I MISS high fantasy MMO's but it seems like there are not any MMO's that offer a flat subscription. They all seem micro-transaction heavy pay to win affairs. I miss Age Of Conan, Dungeons And Dragons Online, SWTOR.........If I could find a new one to play I would take a break from WOW's too.

Well word is they are trying to build a real version of Sword Art Online...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,273
[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Another of those streaks where dummies love reducing what was a fun game into 1-sided blowouts. So hard to enjoy the game when the potatoes ruin high tiers w/ their campfest and 100% allergy to doing anything right. Heck, I even get aggressive in FDG, tell the Worchester behind me I'm going in hard, and oh, wow, the chicken just has to hide in back because afraid of getting shot at. Had he come he could've done some serious damage to a nearby Hindy while me and Tirpitz kept a reversing Bismarck from unloading on him, but no...

 

Think I'd have enough of the stupidity and laziness and whatever else makes a bad player a pain in pvp for a while. Leaving the game installed, but yes need a vacation.

 

Just me, but if WG made rewards contingent on achieving a certain base XP (your ship's tier * 110, basically reach this if want to be rewarded), then yeah, the baddies would quickly get swamped by their own incompetence and we can offer to tutor them on playing better, but whatever. The F2P crowd, from my Tera days, simply don't want to improve.

Summer Vacation is always like this, then when school starts up again the teams are better quality. Only reason the skilled veteran players play during Summer is the potential for easy hunting, but comes at the risk of backfiring on the hunters.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
38 posts
891 battles
19 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I have not played since the lvl cap was 12. Although the game is mostly solo content now right? When I played there was no solo content. 

There's solo and group content. Some of the group content can be solo'd but you have to be super uber. It's been power crept just like any other game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles
Just now, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

There's solo and group content. Some of the group content can be solo'd but you have to be super uber. It's been power crept just like any other game.

lol if I went back and played my Paladin my uber sword is probably trash now. I can't remember the name but it was a plus something holy blade that had all sorts of buffs. At one time it was the best sword in the game. I wish they would put the original tent back in the center....I used to log on every few years and run around the 4 houses for nostalgia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
783
[NG-NL]
Members
5,026 posts
8,264 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Hey was Tera any good? I MISS high fantasy MMO's but it seems like there are not any MMO's that offer a flat subscription. They all seem micro-transaction heavy pay to win affairs. I miss Age Of Conan, Dungeons And Dragons Online, SWTOR.........If I could find a new one to play I would take a break from WOW's too.

Used to be. I actually enjoyed fighting boss monsters that required quick reflexes and watching for visual cues of various moves, and if you wanted good equipment, you had to dedicate hours of gameplay to earn it. Those were good times. Then the dev team decided to cater to the F2P crowd--short attention spans players, as I understand it--and began nerfing all the bosses, introducing ridiculously OP weapons for leveling up, and recycling same content and concepts repeatedly in dungeons. It got very dull, and they wouldn't much listen to requests for any restoring back to the good ol' days--it's nothing but get to max level, then lots of repetitive grinding to get latest gear.

In a sense, WG has kinda gone the same way. Citadels, just three years ago, were basically the golden nugget. If you knew your ship well, you could be very effective. Now, w/ the addition of radar, CV nerfs, balance changes, 3 BB lines that are largely impossible to citadel, it's much easier for the match to devolve into a dull campfest. I'm sure WG is still enthusiastic, but it just seems WOWS, in a sense, has gone past its glory days same way as Tera. The scarcity of new maps, for example, is a problem w/ WOWS we have brought up repeatedly, and daresay if they went for creative instead of realistic maps, we could get a bigger variety, like maps that truly play to DDs' strength such as island ambushing (RIP BBs).

IDK about other MMOs, but it'd be intriguing if WG could learn from their mistakes. Pandering to the F2P 7-year old crowd (whatever those potatoes are) might be good for short-term gains, but less so for long-term like retaining veterans like me. At present, it just seems WG spends all their time trying to milk WOWS for what it's worth instead of getting fresh and exciting content.

38 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Summer Vacation is always like this, then when school starts up again the teams are better quality. Only reason the skilled veteran players play during Summer is the potential for easy hunting, but comes at the risk of backfiring on the hunters.

Maybe. I wasn't burned out a year ago, and was reasonably enjoying the game then, so must've been less sensitive to the potatoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,312
[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,180 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

I yakked yesterday bout what a bad time I am having. Steadily losing. Can't figure out why so many of the teams I am getting seem to not have any aggressive instincts. This can't go on.  Just gotta be a bad run. Someone is winning.  Just gotta ride it out.  I honestly do feel it being summer is a factor. How much though is just speculation.

33% win rate. means I lose 2x more battles that win. honestly feel my aim, map awareness, strategies and tactics have improved lately, and working REALLY hard not to blame it on MM, RNG and stupid [edited]  teams. some of them are so impossibly bad that it's got to be I keep drawing the players that actually try to lose.

when gamblers are in the midst of a major losing streak, the ones that end up going broke are the ones that believe it's got to end sometime.

there are players with 2x the number of battles I've played that are getting disgusted with WGs reluctance to make a change, and 'it's working as intended' [edited]. 

not me!! I like it. am CONVINCED soon I will be deep purple super unicum, and everybody will like me, and want to play with me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,273
[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
53 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Used to be. I actually enjoyed fighting boss monsters that required quick reflexes and watching for visual cues of various moves, and if you wanted good equipment, you had to dedicate hours of gameplay to earn it. Those were good times. Then the dev team decided to cater to the F2P crowd--short attention spans players, as I understand it--and began nerfing all the bosses, introducing ridiculously OP weapons for leveling up, and recycling same content and concepts repeatedly in dungeons. It got very dull, and they wouldn't much listen to requests for any restoring back to the good ol' days--it's nothing but get to max level, then lots of repetitive grinding to get latest gear.

In a sense, WG has kinda gone the same way. Citadels, just three years ago, were basically the golden nugget. If you knew your ship well, you could be very effective. Now, w/ the addition of radar, CV nerfs, balance changes, 3 BB lines that are largely impossible to citadel, it's much easier for the match to devolve into a dull campfest. I'm sure WG is still enthusiastic, but it just seems WOWS, in a sense, has gone past its glory days same way as Tera. The scarcity of new maps, for example, is a problem w/ WOWS we have brought up repeatedly, and daresay if they went for creative instead of realistic maps, we could get a bigger variety, like maps that truly play to DDs' strength such as island ambushing (RIP BBs).

IDK about other MMOs, but it'd be intriguing if WG could learn from their mistakes. Pandering to the F2P 7-year old crowd (whatever those potatoes are) might be good for short-term gains, but less so for long-term like retaining veterans like me. At present, it just seems WG spends all their time trying to milk WOWS for what it's worth instead of getting fresh and exciting content.

Maybe. I wasn't burned out a year ago, and was reasonably enjoying the game then, so must've been less sensitive to the potatoes.

Yeah not sure why people seem to enjoy stupity often times these, I always have enjoyed a good challenge.

As far as Wargaming games go it’s a mix of team quality lowering during the Summer, and I assume you getting good enough to know how to play well. For example when you were new to the game you likely did not know or think about good ambush points until you got hit in those areas. Now you know how to handle such areas and cringe when you see a player cluelessly get themselves killed. But this Summer I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of reasonably good teams with only about 4 days or so total so far that have been the expectably terrible Summer teams.

Other thing going on right now is Clan Wars which should be sucking  the majority of good players out of the other game modes. So Check the schedule for Clan Wars and don’t play the other game modes during that time. 

I have to agree that Radar is making things trickier for DDs, but still room to adapt and overcome them, and players like me have been giving those Radar cruisers special attention from our BBs which has noticeably dropped the Radar CA numbers already. You mentioned the hard to citadel BBs, those are not the dumbing down of the game. Opposite actually since they follow the real world design specs for those ships, or at least mostly so, trick to getting citadel hits is knowing the range in which to do so since some of them you want to be close in to get citadel hits, others you need to be longer range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,840 battles
20 hours ago, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

There's solo and group content. Some of the group content can be solo'd but you have to be super uber. It's been power crept just like any other game.

Hey I just downloaded DDO last night what server do you play on? What is your characters name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×