You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Space Battles and Space Port Wargaming please bring this back.

19 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Well since the weather where I live was cool enough, I was outside welding on my forge body and stand.  As I was sitting there playing with the welding gun and playing with electricity I was actually thinking.  No not even thinking about how I was welding I already knew how to do that.  But about the Space battles that event we had a while back.  It was actually quite a lot of fun.  I was hoping that Wargaming would have just left it in the game as a permanent feature for us.  It is a break from playing the regular set game and game modes.  I would actually like to see them bring this part of the game back and permanently.

So for the type of space ships?  I would say use the current and existing ships in each tech tree that is already in game.  Re skin them with the space theme camos.  Have it kind of like a Warships of the future game.  I'm sure a lot of players would actually go for this.  I know that Wargaming spent a lot of time hours and money developing the Space Battles.  But it was only in for a short time.  (Big waste of money if you ask me).   Personally I think they need to bring it back and leave it in the game for players to have the option.  Or to give players a break from the main stream of the game.  Not only that I think it would bring a different variety of player base to World Of Warships.  Anyways that's my pitch.

Edited by torpsRus
  • Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Members
276 posts
5,211 battles

I like the Space Battles even though I only played a couple of games in it, was progressing through the tech tree and didn't want to break away from it.  Hope they bring it back again soon.

Not sure about them losing money on it though, I bought 3 of those spaceship camos so they are making money off me at least.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

I would like to see it but in three dimensions, where you were not all locked on the same plane and you would have to account for ships all around you. Now that would be fun.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I would like to see it but in three dimensions, where you were not all locked on the same plane and you would have to account for ships all around you. Now that would be fun.

I don't think the engine can support that. You'd have to look at other games for full 360 degree motion.

Like Freespace 2.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,297 posts
4,256 battles
22 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

It was actually quite a lot of fun.  I was hoping that Wargaming would have just left it in the game as a permanent feature for us.

The problem with that is the permanent mining of elite commander XP that it would allow. Plus if you made them able to use regular commanders, that would effectively give people permanent premium ships for crew retraining. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The problem with that is the permanent mining of elite commander XP that it would allow. Plus if you made them able to use regular commanders, that would effectively give people permanent premium ships for crew retraining. 

Well the space section would have to be completely off shoot from the main game but still in the game itself, elite commanders xp or ship xp wouldn't be transferable between WoWs and WoWs space.  Thats kind of the way I would think it.

Edited by torpsRus

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Easy fix: Don't award XP (or credits, for that matter) for space battles. No XP, no Commander XP. No Commander XP, no Elite Commander XP "mining".

In exchange, no repair or rearming fees for this game mode. Maybe slap a 30 minute cooldown on a ship used for space battles, similar to Operations.

Play it for the experience. Because that's all you'd get. If you want to farm credits or XP, play the non-special game modes.

Honestly, not doing this seems like a huge waste of assets and time.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Easy fix: Don't award XP (or credits, for that matter) for space battles. No XP, no Commander XP. No Commander XP, no Elite Commander XP "mining".

In exchange, no repair or rearming fees for this game mode. Maybe slap a 30 minute cooldown on a ship used for space battles, similar to Operations.

Play it for the experience. Because that's all you'd get. If you want to farm credits or XP, play the non-special game modes.

The player should still be able to earn XP and credits to research the next ship.  It just shouldn't be transferable between the game we have now and the space port.  Just like for example if you create a new account with this game nothing is transferable from account to account.

Edited by torpsRus

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

As a Event, yes. Otherwise you are playing the wrong game.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

The player should still be able to earn XP and credits to research the next ship.  It just shouldn't be transferable between the game we have now and the space port.  Just like for example if you create a new account with this game nothing is transferable from account to account.

It's Space Battles. There is no "next ship" to research.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,297 posts
4,256 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

In exchange, no repair or rearming fees for this game mode.

That would be a viable solution to the ECXP mining problem, but I get the feeling that the only reason a lot of people were playing this game mode was BECAUSE of the Elite Commander XP benefits. Without that, and with the limited number of maps and ships we got, I think it would very soon become boring and die out. Like the Halloween event, far better IMO to give it to us once a year, let us have a month of frenzied ECXP and camo farming, and rekindle the good memories we had derping around in it the last time.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That would be a viable solution to the ECXP mining problem, but I get the feeling that the only reason a lot of people were playing this game mode was BECAUSE of the Elite Commander XP benefits. Without that, and with the limited number of maps and ships we got, I think it would very soon become boring and die out. Like the Halloween event, far better IMO to give it to us once a year, let us have a month of frenzied ECXP and camo farming, and rekindle the good memories we had derping around in it the last time.

No XP or credit gains. Who said there wouldn't be a repeatable/daily limited challenge mission for doing it?

"Win in space battles, get a crate/flags that change each day/extra oil/coal/whatever". It's not hard to create a non-farmable situation that still rewards the mode's use.

If you don't want a solution to the problem, then don't waste everyone's time by framing it as an obstacle to address.

[FGNE]
Members
347 posts
2,477 battles

I really enjoyed the space battles, and I hope it comes back.

it was too well done to let it fade into oblivion,... and while we are at it... I never got the chance of playing the bath mode.

Though I’m not sure if it should be permanent, but I agree, it needs rebalancing to become a thing.

Members
156 posts
12,441 battles

meh... didn't care for the space battles... 

Would rather hope WG focuses more on "other improvements" (like additional maps, CV fix, MM, etc...)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
6 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

meh... didn't care for the space battles... 

Would rather hope WG focuses more on "other improvements" (like additional maps, CV fix, MM, etc...)

And turning something on that already exists subtracts exactly how much from ongoing development?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,297 posts
4,256 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

And turning something on that already exists subtracts exactly how much from ongoing development?

Precisely.

Also precisely why I would like them to make it an intermittent thing only, with no additional special changes needed to make it a no-farm scenario (unless the software switches involved are VERY simple with NO possibility of messing stuff up). 

I have to say, I would not at all mind the opportunity to get a whole lot more Sci-Fi Space camos; those things are very useful.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

*things*

The Space Port is still in game. It's the one I use, it's like dry dock but better for ship voyeurism.

[PVE]
Members
9,689 posts
7,466 battles

The Space Battles event was for April Fools. WG does some type of event every April Fools (2017 was a sub prank). In 2016, it was Bath Tub Boats, which was similar to Space Battles.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bathtub-missions-april-development/

Maybe rotate Space Battles and Bath Tub Boats every April 1st? I highly doubt WG would make Space Battles permanent due to the ECXP that you could get with the 19pt space captains.