Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13
[O_S_D]
Members
41 posts
9,633 battles

Ever since the introduction of coal to the game, the flag drops have become absolute garbage and completely repetitive.

Why is that when I choose 'flags and camo', I mostly get coal and free xp? The flags I do get are always IBT(-10% to service), Zulu(+20% credits), Papa Papa(+300% free xp) & JWU(+15%flooding, +5%flooding).

I could care less about the camo, but i don't get much for drops on those either.

I got so po'ed, I sold all of those flags (except Papa Papa) so I couldn't even use them, thinking I would get different drops, but noooooooo, always the same drops.

I don't want coal, I don't want free xp, I don't want money flags (I have more money than I will ever use). I want good flags that I can use!

Please look into the drop rates for different flags. (I use alot of speed and commander xp flags, and other flags but these never drop).

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

Dunno if you are aware but you can literally buy flags for coal.  So what you are actually saying is you either haven't clicked on the arsenal tab or want RNG to bless you with something that RNG is already blessing you with but you just don't realize it.  Coal = flags.  You even have 2 50% and 25% discount coupons for flags that refresh every month or so.  So you can literally buy the flags you say you are wanting for 3-4k coal for a 20 pack.  Every flag in the arsenal is 8k coal or less except for the +50% xp and the 2 fire flags.  With the 50% discounts you can get any besides those 3 for no more than 4k coal.

And just doing the math here:

you get 500 coal or 4 flag in a spot.  Thus you need 8 coal drops to get 20 of your choice of flag (roughly many are less than that).  In those same 8 drops in a more signals container you would get 32 flags.  So you are getting 60% more flags by RNG or 60% of the RNG flags, but they are only the ones of your choice with coal.  If you are complaining about the flags you get you actually do want coal.

Edited by mrh308

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[O_S_D]
Members
41 posts
9,633 battles

I've already used my 50% coupons to get some flags.

The problem is the flag drops are no longer random, there seems to be 4 sets of drops and that's all you ever get. I don't want to have to buy all the flags I want/need with coal, I should be able to get some from drops by choosing 'flags & camo', not continually getting coal & free xp. (I've been keeping track of the drops for a month now.)

I guess I'll just start going with 'try your luck' drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,961 posts
44 minutes ago, mrh308 said:

Dunno if you are aware but you can literally buy flags for coal.  So what you are actually saying is you either haven't clicked on the arsenal tab or want RNG to bless you with something that RNG is already blessing you with but you just don't realize it.  Coal = flags.  You even have 2 50% and 25% discount coupons for flags that refresh every month or so.  So you can literally buy the flags you say you are wanting for 3-4k coal for a 20 pack.  Every flag in the arsenal is 8k coal or less except for the +50% xp and the 2 fire flags.  With the 50% discounts you can get any besides those 3 for no more than 4k coal.

And just doing the math here:

you get 500 coal or 4 flag in a spot.  Thus you need 8 coal drops to get 20 of your choice of flag (roughly many are less than that).  In those same 8 drops in a more signals container you would get 32 flags.  So you are getting 60% more flags by RNG or 60% of the RNG flags, but they are only the ones of your choice with coal.  If you are complaining about the flags you get you actually do want coal.

You're trading 4 flags in a container, for the value of less than one decent flag in the arsenal.....It's all about devaluing the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You're trading 4 flags in a container, for the value of less than one decent flag in the arsenal.....It's all about devaluing the rewards.

Yes if you don't care what flag you get then you are correct.  The OP does not want certain flags so the value is better to get coal and buy the ones he values.  The issue is that he believes he only gets flags of the types he doesn't want.  I don't keep track nor do I care what flag I get as I have hundreds of all of them.  He may be correct or it may be confirmation bias.  Either way I was pointing out that the game already gives him the option to pick the ones he does want and that the coal he is getting is literally the way to do that.  I was also showing that the amount of flags you get is still better than half of the random flags so if it matters that much he is actually gaining by getting 62.5% of random drop flags in number but since they are all flags that he does want the value for him is greater.

 

Additionally the devs have said they do not balance ships based on mounting flags so I'm sure they balance drops of flags they deem more valuable just like the ramming flag is less than 2 coal drops in the arsenal and the 3 I mentioned earlier are nearly the price of a low tier premium ship (25 coal drops).  The only guaranteed and free way to get them is to earn the achievements everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
6 hours ago, Tingent said:

I've already used my 50% coupons to get some flags.

The problem is the flag drops are no longer random, there seems to be 4 sets of drops and that's all you ever get. I don't want to have to buy all the flags I want/need with coal, I should be able to get some from drops by choosing 'flags & camo', not continually getting coal & free xp. (I've been keeping track of the drops for a month now.)

I guess I'll just start going with 'try your luck' drops.

If you care about camos at all you should only run try your luck.  Its the only way to get special camos from containers.  For flags you will occasionally get a supercontainer with 100 flags but in my experience its less than half of the supercontainers you get.  If you get the random 100 of what you don't want or need then its not worth it.  So for flags specifically try your luck is even more of a roll of the dice.  For general rewards I think it is worth it and personally only ever roll them.

Edited by mrh308

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×