Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Izgoy0899

Question about getting the Sims as a personal mission from loot box????

13 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
1,415 battles

So out of boredom, and curiosity, I got a few loot boxes just to see.  In the few I got I ended up getting the Sims as a personal mission reward.  That's great and everything except one problem, I already have the Sims.  GG WG

Anyway based on that is there any reason to actually complete the personal mission? 

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,221 battles

You’ll be given either credits or doubloons since you already have the ship; as far as I know there’s nothing in the mission that you wont get from just playing the game anyways as you would regularly so theres really no reason not to

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
5 minutes ago, medoyehd said:

So out of boredom, and curiosity, I got a few loot boxes just to see.  In the few I got I ended up getting the Sims as a personal mission reward.  That's great and everything except one problem, I already have the Sims.  GG WG

Anyway based on that is there any reason to actually complete the personal mission? 

check your credits, bet they are much higher or will be once you do the little mission.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,877 posts
5,259 battles

I was in the same situation.  Completed the mission accidentally.

It says it awarded me the Sims (which I had) and a commander.   I don't think I got credits.  I definitely didn't get doubloons.

[-SYN-]
Members
22 posts
1,915 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I was in the same situation.  Completed the mission accidentally.

It says it awarded me the Sims (which I had) and a commander.   I don't think I got credits.  I definitely didn't get doubloons.

It always states that you are awarded the ship (again if applicable) but you will get credit value instead.  The only time you get doubloon value for duplicate is if you purchase the ship again in some sort of deal.  Also, you will see the extra captain in your port.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles

You'll receive credits in compensation for completing an in game mission 

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

You will receive double the credits that you would get for selling the Sims that you have in your port and any attachments that come with it (normally a port slot and commander)

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
57 minutes ago, medoyehd said:

Do it. I had Atlanta, Sims and Kidd already in my port and got all three missions on 3 successive crates. I did them all and got silver equivalency for all three (about 27 million credits-they paid for my USN cruisers when the split happened so I did not have to grind credits for the split) plus you get to keep the 3-point captains (mine are now all ten-pointers in my reserve) and the three port slots, which I needed for the upcoming RN DD line. Now I have 15 open slots, which is enough for those ships plus whatever other freebees WG puts up, especially with the current daily sales until July 27. If a Premium ship I don't have and may want comes up at half-price, I'll take the bait and buy it. I alway watch for sales like the current one. The nice part of the loot boxes is that in many cases, new players got access to decent mid-tier Premiums. I see a lot of appreciative comments about this in the in-game chat.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,227 posts
14,647 battles

I remember in the past, especially the Santa Crates, that if you got awarded a Premium Ship you already owned, you got the Doubloons value in compensation, as well as still getting the captain that came with it going into your Reserves pool.

So WG went away with this, eh?  Sorry, Credits <<<<< Doubloons.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I remember in the past, especially the Santa Crates, that if you got awarded a Premium Ship you already owned, you got the Doubloons value in compensation, as well as still getting the captain that came with it going into your Reserves pool.

So WG went away with this, eh?  Sorry, Credits <<<<< Doubloons.

You have a premium ship and get it again by paying money (like Christmas containers) -> worth in Gold
You have a premium ship and get it again by a ingame mission -> worth in silver

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts
7 hours ago, medoyehd said:

Do you like credits??   I got an atlanta mission out of one of those crates and, like you, already had it.   When It was completed, I got a SHIPLOAD of credits, plus the free port slot and 3 pt captain.

It was enough to make me hopeful for more of these missions!   They're simple base xp missions, so there's nothing to DO- just play the game and you'll grind them out as a matter of course.

Weird- I ended up getting a Sims mission out of a mission container this weekend, too!   I have ALL the offered ships, so these are nothing more than fancy credit boosts, with a free port slot and captain thrown in, lol.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
7 hours ago, medoyehd said:

You'll get credits not dubloons.

Sign in to follow this