You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Warship Wednesday - USS Atlanta

36 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
906 posts
6,012 battles

Image result for uss atlanta world of warships

Have you witnessed the firepower of the fearsome USS Atlanta?

Also referred to as the "Hotlanta", this premium light cruiser at Tier VII is a formidable foe even in a bottom tier match with Tier IX battle.

Excellent at shooting down aircraft at all tiers and laying waste to destroyers, she is also capable of pummeling cruisers and battleships when provided fleet support or adequate cover from the terrain.

It's available today on our Premium Shop as the Ship of the Day! https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/7323/

Also check out the recent Sea Trials stream featuring this iconic vessel featuring @Femennenly and an old salty dog Forums mod!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/284337419

Are you ready for the USS Atlanta wrecking ball?

"This ship was built to fight. You had better know how." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#warshipwednesday

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I witnessed Atlanta's guns but I shot her with Ryujo's secondary guns and she sunk

• Funny 3

Members
1,156 posts
3,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I witnessed Atlanta's guns but I shot her with Ryujo's secondary guns and she sunk

I think a potato cannon can citadel an Atlanta. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles

One of the most unforgiving ships as a premium. But also one of the most hilarious ones if everthing works right.

Can I haz that camo for my Atlanta?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
665 posts
7,624 battles

I love it.  No one else should have it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
14 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Looks like the type 1 camo...

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,718 posts
8,150 battles
16 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

One of the most unforgiving ships as a premium. But also one of the most hilarious ones if everthing works right.

If your doing it right, she's only hilarious after the post battle results. I would like to see a 12% rof buff, or an accelerationor turning radius buff.

[SBS]
Members
2,491 posts
2,253 battles

50% off, wow!  Anyone on the fence should grab the Atlanta as fast as you can.  As everyone will tell you, it has a learning curve but once you get it, this is one of the most fun ships in the game.  Also, with the US CLs out now the Atlanta will work as a great captain trainer.

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

50% off, wow!  Anyone on the fence should grab the Atlanta as fast as you can.  As everyone will tell you, it has a learning curve but once you get it, this is one of the most fun ships in the game.  Also, with the US CLs out now the Atlanta will work as a great captain trainer.

I thought about getting her just for the training aspect. But i shied away because of the 11k main battery range. 

[TIMT]
Supertester
478 posts

I just bought two at full price....... One for me and one for my disabled navy vet buddy...  They should really list these.  

Can any Community Managers answer will I get my account suspended if I do a charge back with my CC for the difference since it's only been 3 days?

Members
74 posts
10,202 battles

I shot down 84 planes in a random w/ it's boosted 592 dps AA "delete" button.

109 in that thunderstorm scenario.

MidTier planes have no chance against an ATL w/ full AA build

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

More like the one I fought I ambushed from behind a island so he got scared and ranaway. Had he just faced me down and fired, he would've got me.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,491 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Sped_Gax said:

I thought about getting her just for the training aspect. But i shied away because of the 11k main battery range. 

You can bump that up with AFT to a little over 13km.  I make the 11km work since I can reliable hit targets at that range.  Once you start getting past that the hit rate goes down fast.  That said, I can spend a lot of time waiting for targets to come into range.

Just now, teleStraightShooter said:

I shot down 84 planes in a random w/ it's boosted 592 dps AA "delete" button.

109 in that thunderstorm scenario.

MidTier planes have no chance against an ATL w/ full AA build

The only AA boost I did was AA guns mod 2, no other AA spec.  I only rarely slot DFAA over hydro.  In well over a 100 games I've only had a CV try to target me twice (the same guy two games in a row).  Most CVs won't get anywhere near the Atlanta so I don't bother with AA spec. 

• Cool 3

Members
1,156 posts
3,146 battles
11 minutes ago, Tieberion said:

Can any Community Managers answer will I get my account suspended if I do a charge back with my CC for the difference since it's only been 3 days?

if you have never used them you can get a refund IIRC. 

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,932 battles

It's an interesting ship.  She has the main battery of a super super super dd but is almost as fragile as one and doesn't have smoke to hide in.  You can't play her like you would a typical cruiser.  Her guns don't have the range and her armor is pretty light so it doesn't offer much protection. She needs to find an island where her floaty shells can arch over it to pound enemies with HE but where their flatter arc shells can't reach her.  If you can find a situation like that Altanta can burn any ship to the waterline.  She's also a menace to DD's if she can catch one without heavy support elements backing it up.   

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
13 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You can bump that up with AFT to a little over 13km.  I make the 11km work since I can reliable hit targets at that range.  Once you start getting past that the hit rate goes down fast.  That said, I can spend a lot of time waiting for targets to come into range.

I already have to spend time waiting for targets to come in range in my cleveland. 

Members
3,826 posts
14,179 battles
1 hour ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I have it don't play it

Same here. I cant hit anything that's not in my face with it's mortars.

1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

They melt pretty fast when I get them in the sights of Helena, Fiji, or Belfast. :cap_rambo:

Edited by ReddNekk

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Same here. I cant hit anything that's not in my face with it's mortars.

They melt pretty fast when I get them in the sights of Helena, Fiji, or Belfast. :cap_rambo:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqZ3qiwQjWW9iluFcd0h_Gi8Jk3F

This one I believe lasted a while and he sorta had Graf Spee support.

[WOLF5]
Members
285 posts
5,272 battles

I play mostly PVE and this is the one ship I love the most.  It is a very powerful ship to drive in scenarios and you can rack up a ton of XP and credits on it, making it a great US captain trainer.  Prior to the scenario Narai being removed from rotation, you can rack up over a million credits in an Atlanta and many of us did, which might explain why the scenario was removed.  

Hence the history of the Atlanta is pretty interesting, both in real life and also in this game.  In real life, she had participated in WWII naval battles and in this game, she contributed to the removal of a scenario by being super overpowered.  :Smile_teethhappy:

WG:  If you bring back Narai as it were, you'll probably increase the sale of Atlanta.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,141 battles

Seeing these daily summer deals sure makes me wish I hadn't pulled the trigger on four premium ship purchases a week ago, as I'm sure they'll go on discount as part of this sale soon. :etc_swear:

[PLPT]
Members
642 posts
6,904 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

For some reason, I have so much trouble getting citadels on broadside Atlantas using BB AP: nothing but overpens and more overpens, no matter where I aim.  I’ve started using HE against the Atlanta like it’s a destroyer.

[PVE]
Members
513 posts
4,355 battles
14 minutes ago, n00bot said:

For some reason, I have so much trouble getting citadels on broadside Atlantas using BB AP: nothing but overpens and more overpens, no matter where I aim.  I’ve started using HE against the Atlanta like it’s a destroyer.

I have had this happen in Bismarck too many times. 4 shells hit under the stacks (aimed at waterline), all overpen. I suspect they simply passed through the Atlanta above its citadel.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
906 posts
6,012 battles
1 hour ago, Tieberion said:

I just bought two at full price....... One for me and one for my disabled navy vet buddy...  They should really list these.  

I strongly discourage a chargeback, but please reach out to Player Support via the ticket portal for assistance.

#anchorsaweigh