You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Cyclones Are Way Too Long!

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,567 posts
9,998 battles

I'm not sure if I'm the first person whining about this but in my opinion Cyclones need to be drastically shortened. How often has this happened to you?: 
It's a very tight battle, the clock is running down, in order to win you need to finish off an enemy ship that is very low on HP but once you get in range a cyclone moves in, everyone disappears, the clock hits 0 and you lose. 

I think introducing weather is good but perhaps keep them shorter and maybe add some lightning just for visuals.  

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

nope, it fine the way it is. in fact, I think the duration of these storms should be random. Like some last a few min , and other last 5-15min long.

• Bad 2

Members
1,567 posts
9,998 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

nope, it fine the way it is. in fact, I think the duration of these storms should be random. Like some last a few min , and other last 5-15min long.

15 minutes long?  LOL  really?  an entire battle where neither team can't see the other? 

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,471 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

It's fine if it's random, I just wish wg would give us a timer on how long each cyclone lasts so we can plan our actions accordingly

• Cool 3

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,418 battles

The RNG gods hate me. If I am beat up & need time for my heal to cool down its blue skies. If I got the other guy on the ropes down goes the visibility. I cant tell you how many times that has happened! 

What I think would be neat is fast moving squalls just a cpl km in diameter so that portions of the map are obscured but only for a min or 2 as it rolls along. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles
48 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm not sure if I'm the first person whining about this but in my opinion Cyclones need to be drastically shortened. How often has this happened to you?: 
It's a very tight battle, the clock is running down, in order to win you need to finish off an enemy ship that is very low on HP but once you get in range a cyclone moves in, everyone disappears, the clock hits 0 and you lose. 

I think introducing weather is good but perhaps keep them shorter and maybe add some lightning just for visuals.

I have yet seen the clock hit 0, when a cyclone is in play. Also cyclones start with roughly 15-14 minutes left on the clock... so cyclones last roughly 10 minutes...

Members
12 posts
6,443 battles

Cyclones add some variety to the gameplay mix. I believe they are fine the way they are. Although it would be cool to have water swashing over the deck as the ship crashes through waves. Some enhanced visuals would be nice. I think they are working on them. WG tested this with the scenario I believe with dynamic weather. The storm moves across the map making certain areas affected by visabilty and weather. 

Edited by Supercharged1110

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

No they are not "Way too long".  If you really think about it they are only about 3 to 4 minutes in length and towards the end of the match.  Always very predictable time scale.   They just seem long because you probably die on a regular basis before they even hit.  That is only my assumption and there for you are stuck watching it.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
384 posts
8,627 battles

The space battles had a similar effect of weather in an area so WGing has real world data on dynamic weather. 

The unknown question is if it will be added to the game or not. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

The only change I would make is that if you were within 8KM of the ship spotting the enemy you could see them as well. Nothing is worse then seeing a buddy who is 3k form you firing away at a target you can't see. That is a pretty stupid mechanic in my opinion, if ships in smoke can shoot at ships it can not see because others are spotting it cyclones should be the same but instead of any ship being able to see a enemy ship being spotted you have to be within a certain range of the spotting vessel.

Members
1,567 posts
9,998 battles

Perhaps they should keep cyclones from appearing near the end of battles. Too many times I've seen situations where the cyclone became the deciding factor in the battle.  

• Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
26 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Perhaps they should keep cyclones from appearing near the end of battles. Too many times I've seen situations where the cyclone became the deciding factor in the battle.  

Yep can't count the number of times where an enemy team has all lemming trained to A. My team has three cap points and a four ship advantage. A cyclone comes through and all that tactical work is thrown out the window and now the lemming train steamrolls through the one or two ship groups at a time and wins the match because the cyclone rewarded their terrible team play with a gimmick.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
43 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

The space battles

I hope they do add this back into the game.

• Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
10 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I hope they do add this back into the game.

Space battles made me sick....not figuratively but physically. I got motion sickness when playing the, I wonder why.

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles

The problem with cyclones is that they take forever to arrive.  The battle is usually in the mid-late stages when visibility gets reduced to 8km.  As others have said, it leads to a situation where the winning team is looking for the stragglers on the losing team, and just prolongs the round.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

The cyclone vision penalty does not last the entirety of battle. Pretty sure it starts ending 5 minutes from the end of the game.

Members
3,791 posts
14,076 battles
27 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Yep can't count the number of times where an enemy team has all lemming trained to A. My team has three cap points and a four ship advantage. A cyclone comes through and all that tactical work is thrown out the window and now the lemming train steamrolls through the one or two ship groups at a time and wins the match because the cyclone rewarded their terrible team play with a gimmick.

IHMO, it wasn't terrible gameplay if the "lemming train" wins the battle. The scattered team that didn't regroup to face the inevitable mass onslaught were the terrible players.

When a Cyclone hits and I'm separated from friendlies, I join up with whoever I can because a lone Cruiser is a tasty snack for any BB that suddenly appears at 8 klicks.