Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raiiako

Are DD rewards acceptable and make sense towards the supposed goals of the ships: capping and NOT hitting torps? Since its not okay for DDs to damage things.

y n  

46 members have voted

1. 1. DD rewards for capping and spotting are

10 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

Capping a base has always felt rewarding for me in terms of XP gain, so in that sense I think they are fine. For spotting I think it could be a bit more, and I would at that point also differenciate between the different types of damage for which you can spot. If you spot a DD, the spotting damage should be rewarded more than you just spotting a Conqueror which then eats 50k damage which it prints back.

[LHG]
Members
1,194 posts
4,980 battles

Besides damage, capping is all you really get rewarded for. If you contest but get driven off the cap, congratulations on wasting your health and time for nothing.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

Yeah, what is the ridiculousness of 1% spotting reward...? And also I get more spotting dmg in my BBs than I do in my DDs. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
670 posts
12,389 battles

Ye spotting for DD should be more rewardable. It will add more variability have some DD without 0 dmg but spotting whole game should be rewarded as a very important job in the game.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,892 posts
12,629 battles

@Raiiako I have seen many DD players rack up plenty of Experience, Damage Dealt and Silver earned quite often. Perhaps they have learned how to use their DDs and see no reason to brag about that or complain about the rewards. 

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,856 battles
4 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Raiiako I have seen many DD players rack up plenty of Experience, Damage Dealt and Silver earned quite often. Perhaps they have learned how to use their DDs and see no reason to brag about that or complain about the rewards. 

That's just it. Do you know what they are doing is helping the team? Last night I watched a shima take point behind our BBs then only moved forward after the win wa assured to help cap. Upping spotting rewards and actually giving spotting damage ribbons may teach proper team play.

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

If you spot a DD, the spotting damage should be rewarded more than you just spotting a Conqueror which then eats 50k damage which it prints back.

It is based off the reward the ship doing the dmg gets iirc so yes the same spotting dmg rewards more if it's done to a dd rather than a bb.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I think the biggest problem with spotting damage is that the target usually opens fire, because it is being detected anyway... That is why I think it won't help to buff it. Might be interesting though when they make it calculate by taking the base concealment, instead of the concealment after firing. Seems more fair to me though.

[DANKY]
Members
503 posts
1,618 battles

My Tashkent thinks that potential damage should be rewarded better, AND the reward should scale with Priority Target #. Carpeting the sea bottom with wasted red munitions most definitely helps your team win!

That may not do much for the average Fubuki but it’d be nice all the same. 

Edited by Eugenie_101

Sign in to follow this