Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Carbapenem_17

Akizuki CE or IFHE first?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[OSIDE]
Members
18 posts
4,673 battles

So I have 10 point captain on my Akizuki and was wondering whether I should take CE or IFHE first?

The concealment doesn't look soo bad at 6.6km. 

While IFHE will earn me more damage and able to get my captain to 14 faster.

Suggestions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,703 battles

I would suggest IFHE, otherwise the guns are close to useless at times.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,605
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

always ifhe first in that ship. it depends on it. trust me(I have one). then CE next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
8 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

So I have 10 point captain on my Akizuki and was wondering whether I should take CE or IFHE first?

The concealment doesn't look soo bad at 6.6km. 

While IFHE will earn me more damage and able to get my captain to 14 faster.

Suggestions?

 

IFHE for days, man.:Smile_glasses: Then and only then is Akizuki Captain Dakka! :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
529
[WORX]
Members
1,836 posts
12,880 battles

IFHE is the way to go on that ship gun boats rarely need CE to do DMG, but they do need IFHE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
26 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

So I have 10 point captain on my Akizuki and was wondering whether I should take CE or IFHE first?

The concealment doesn't look soo bad at 6.6km. 

While IFHE will earn me more damage and able to get my captain to 14 faster.

Suggestions?

 

IFHE IS A MUST CE can wait if you have the upgraded concealment module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,259 battles
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

I would suggest IFHE, otherwise the guns are close to useless at times.

 

1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

always ifhe first in that ship. it depends on it. trust me(I have one). then CE next

 

1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

IFHE for days, man.:Smile_glasses: Then and only then is Akizuki Captain Dakka! :cap_rambo:

 

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

IFHE is the way to go on that ship gun boats rarely need CE to do DMG, but they do need IFHE

 

1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

IFHE IS A MUST CE can wait if you have the upgraded concealment module.

Never knew there were so many crazy people in this game...

CE first. Akizuki is a bloody coal barge compared the rest of the destroyers it sees.

Spot them first, and go somewhere else.

But, but the dakka! Yeah? In the current meta, getting seen, and or blazing away at anything and everything that moves like some players apparently do; is nothing more than an invitation to get deleted by concentrated fire.

Use your concealment, get as close as possible, the MURDER the Red destroyer with your dakka before it even has a chance to fight back..

Maybe I'm just from the time when Akizuki murdered everything with AP.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[AK]
[AK]
Members
418 posts
22,359 battles

Well,  it depends on if the akizuki,  harugumo,  and kitakaze is going to get buffed he pen..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Use your concealment, get as close as possible, the MURDER the Red destroyer with your dakka before it even has a chance to fight back..

Maybe I'm just from the time when Akizuki murdered everything with AP.

 Sorry, even without CE an Aki is more stealthy then the Red destroyer (capital R means the Russians as in red scare, etc?  Eh, nvm).  The improvement to damage outways the CE difference.  I rage sold the Aki several times following CE first I can attest to the reverse.  It is now one of my favs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
13 minutes ago, Submarine_M1 said:

Well,  it depends on if the akizuki,  harugumo,  and kitakaze is going to get buffed he pen..... 

This. I would recommend not buying or playing Akizuki until we know what's going to happen with that, unless you already have a 14-point captain with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,105
[SPTR]
Members
3,474 posts
5,734 battles

^ This is your best answer.

Get a-sassy-hoe or the pay-ta-go and grind that commander to 14. IFHE and CE is the life blood for the 100mm armed IJN gunboats, without either you are going to get farmed hard against other renowned destroyer killers, like fletcher, Benson, Z-46, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,259 battles
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

 Sorry, even without CE an Aki is more stealthy then the Red destroyer (capital R means the Russians as in red scare, etc?  Eh, nvm).  The improvement to damage outways the CE difference.  I rage sold the Aki several times following CE first I can attest to the reverse.  It is now one of my favs.

Capital R as in a proper noun, such as a name. Tom, Frank, Smith, etc... An individual or a group, Red or Reds, it's a proper noun in this context, and is therefore capitalized.

I wouldn't use an IJN destroyer without CE first, and IFHE be damned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,259 battles
2 hours ago, legoboy0401 said:

This. I would recommend not buying or playing Akizuki until we know what's going to happen with that, unless you already have a 14-point captain with both.

Akizuki's driver was my first 19 point captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
529
[WORX]
Members
1,836 posts
12,880 battles
8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Use your concealment, get as close as possible, the MURDER the Red destroyer with your dakka before it even has a chance to fight back..

^^^ It depends on your play style... The Aki is really slow in fact the slowest DD in its tier, there is an instant gratification of "MURDERING" a DD. Slowness along with being out spotted by every DD in the tier well, I really don;t recommend that play style for the OP. The Aki is not a DD to contest caps right away. Its a good support ship,  but I done the CE path and  well I don;t recommend it really. Yeah I sunk DDs but because of

  1. my concealment being gone once I shoot off my guns
  2. along with me lack of speed to escape the fire.
  3. Radar

I am more convinced he is better served with IFHE first over CE.

8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Never knew there were so many crazy people in this game...

Having a different philosophy doesn't make us crazy, but with so many people convinced its the right way...It comes down to a matter of opinion. GL and HF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
50 posts
6,592 battles

Get CE first.  Kagero or Harekaze have detection distances of 5.4km, so you're detected 1.2 km away from them.... its less but still significant if you compare to a Benson, Hsienyang and Kidd. If they've got team support, you'll be dead before you're close enough to spot them.  And if you're fighting 1:1, they'll torp you during that 1km detection difference and the greatest weakness of the Akizuki is dodging torps.  You're better off just using AP as you grind up to a 14 point captain, or maybe the 100mm buff will be implemented before then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,259 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I am more convinced he is better served with IFHE first over CE.

Why would an IJN captain not already have CE? 

Someone who reached Akizuki ands doesn't already have a 10 point captain and CE must have done a lot of dying in previous destroyers; that or they ran up the line too fast.

Worrying about IFHE in IJN destroyers means a player probably shoots and dies a lot, and likely doesn't use torpedoes enough.

2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

It comes down to a matter of opinion.

...and that's right. I came up through Mutsuki, and have a 58% wr in it. Concealment is life; Torpedoes first; guns when you have the advantage or no other choice.

10 minutes ago, robotdaddy said:

Get CE first.  Kagero or Harekaze have detection distances of 5.4km, so you're detected 1.2 km away from them.... its less but still significant if you compare to a Benson, Hsienyang and Kidd. If they've got team support, you'll be dead before you're close enough to spot them.  And if you're fighting 1:1, they'll torp you during that 1km detection difference and the greatest weakness of the Akizuki is dodging torps.  You're better off just using AP as you grind up to a 14 point captain, or maybe the 100mm buff will be implemented before then.

Ditto,

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles
10 hours ago, legoboy0401 said:

This. I would recommend not buying or playing Akizuki until we know what's going to happen with that, unless you already have a 14-point captain with both.

IF the change goes thru in its current form things will definitely shift to the CE first side. The guns will be better at penetrating even without IFHE (probably still want it eventually) and the Akizuki will be even more of a barge so getting seen early or the inability to go back into stealth will be much more painful.

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,259 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

IF the change goes thru in its current form things will definitely shift to the CE first side. The guns will be better at penetrating even without IFHE (probably still want it eventually) and the Akizuki will be even more of a barge so getting seen early or the inability to go back into stealth will be much more painful.

What you said, and talk about pew-pewing, made a question come to my mind;

Are players just blithely sailing IJN destroyers around in the open without any though to concealment? Because that’s the only circumstance I can see where concealment wouldn’t matter.

I use a full concealment build and skills on my Aki, and only very rarely have any issue with being seen first. Part of that is I watch the minimap like a hawk, use any available spec of rock possible to supplement my concealment... (lol Imagine the stereotypical sand dot with a single palm tree, with an Akizuki hiding behind it...) and while I’m not afraid to shoot, prefer not to without some advantage.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[CVA16]
Members
2,281 posts
9,859 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I use a full concealment build and skills on my Aki, and only very rarely have any issue with being seen first. Part of that is I watch the minimap like a hawk, use any available spec of rock possible to supplement my concealment... (lol Imagine the stereotypical sand dot with a single palm tree, with an Akizuki hiding behind it...) and while I’m not afraid to shoot, prefer not to without some advantage.

I tend to agree but can also see the side of players that plan on using hard cover or smoke and then blazing away with more effective guns (10 pt captain, I assume by 14pts everyone has BOTH CE and IFHE). No fun shooting at stuff that your only hope of damage is a fire. Currently I often am cruising about in the open with juicy targets that I will not shoot at because I have no cover  and know I will be focused if I am spotted. Extra Stealth helps a lot. I run by the rule that it is better to give than receive. If I can't expect to dish out more damage (% of remaining health) than I will  receive in return, I see no reason to break concealment IN MOST SITUATIONS. Sometimes I play torpedo boat while waiting for an opening. Obviously there are times like CAP defense or aiding an ally where I have to break this rule.  A live DD is almost always more value to the team than a dead one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×