Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Training Room Question

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

So I was trying to set up a training room earlier to test out some theories I had about DD AP shells.  How ever I wasn't able to set up the exact ships that I want or place them where I wanted to in the training room map.  Is there any particular way that I can do this with out having to do a 60 minute long battle time just so I can get to the other side of the map and do what I need to do?  Some of the youtube videos I've seen have the different ships set up in a line not exactly sure how that's done.  If anyone has any suggestions on that any info would be great thanks.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
14 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

So I was trying to set up a training room earlier to test out some theories I had about DD AP shells.  How ever I wasn't able to set up the exact ships that I want or place them where I wanted to in the training room map.  Is there any particular way that I can do this with out having to do a 60 minute long battle time just so I can get to the other side of the map and do what I need to do?  Some of the youtube videos I've seen have the different ships set up in a line not exactly sure how that's done.  If anyone has any suggestions on that any info would be great thanks.

You think that's bad, I can't even find how to get into training battles solo or with bots only (besides myself) anymore!

Can someone please explain the new Training Battle Set-up screen to me? 

Edited by legoboy0401

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,144 battles

Hit training battle with the ship you want selected

Hit create new training room.

This screen should be drop down menus for map, battle time, and game type, number of players. Select and hit create. If you don't do this, you'll get the standard setup. Also, sometimes it still resets, when you move to the next step, double check and go back and edit if necessary.

Next part is tricky and not intuitive. Go to the Bravo team list (the enemy) and click add player. There will be a pop up. On the top is a toggle between player and bot. Select bot. Click on the ship icon below it (for me it's the Orlan). This gives you a list of countries. hovering over country gives you a list of 4 ship types. Hover over the ship type, and you get a list of all of that nations ship types. Click on the ship you want. It should appear on the pop up. Moving down, check the bot is moving and bot is armed boxes as desired. Then use the drop down menu to select the level of AI (Low, Medium, and High). Now click add player. You can repeat this for as many players as you set up. You can also add bots or players to your own team in the same way. Real players can be added from the undistributed players list in the center if any are available.

You cannot add more players than you originally set up, but you can go into battle with less, just OK the pop up you get. Should you need to edit the map settings, hover over the map on the left and click edit settings.

Once you're ready, toggle to READY under your team, and hit Battle!

It's actually better than the old way, and they've added everything back that they took away. Training Room is now very nice once you get used to it. It took me a while to figure it out, but now it's pretty straight forward.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
20 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Hit training battle with the ship you want selected

Hit create new training room.

This screen should be drop down menus for map, battle time, and game type, number of players. Select and hit create. If you don't do this, you'll get the standard setup. Also, sometimes it still resets, when you move to the next step, double check and go back and edit if necessary.

Next part is tricky and not intuitive. Go to the Bravo team list (the enemy) and click add player. There will be a pop up. On the top is a toggle between player and bot. Select bot. Click on the ship icon below it (for me it's the Orlan). This gives you a list of countries. hovering over country gives you a list of 4 ship types. Hover over the ship type, and you get a list of all of that nations ship types. Click on the ship you want. It should appear on the pop up. Moving down, check the bot is moving and bot is armed boxes as desired. Then use the drop down menu to select the level of AI (Low, Medium, and High). Now click add player. You can repeat this for as many players as you set up. You can also add bots or players to your own team in the same way. Real players can be added from the undistributed players list in the center if any are available.

You cannot add more players than you originally set up, but you can go into battle with less, just OK the pop up you get. Should you need to edit the map settings, hover over the map on the left and click edit settings.

Once you're ready, toggle to READY under your team, and hit Battle!

It's actually better than the old way, and they've added everything back that they took away. Training Room is now very nice once you get used to it. It took me a while to figure it out, but now it's pretty straight forward.

I know about the drop down menu.  I've got how to do all of that.  What I am wanting to do is set the ships up in a line so I don't have to move.  Basically static and my ship would be right up against the other ships.  I know how to drop different ships into the box but lately with the training room thats already in the game it doesnt for some reason allow you to do that.  Say if I wanted multiple ships it wouldn't let me do it only a 1v1.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,144 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I know about the drop down menu.  I've got how to do all of that.  What I am wanting to do is set the ships up in a line so I don't have to move.  Basically static and my ship would be right up against the other ships.  I know how to drop different ships into the box but lately with the training room thats already in the game it doesnt for some reason allow you to do that.  Say if I wanted multiple ships it wouldn't let me do it only a 1v1.

At the point where you can set the map and what not you can set the number of players. Middle box, second one down, labeled number of players. Drop down menu that sets it anywhere from 1v1 to 12v12. You can always go with less than you set up, but no more than what you set up. Screen shot below.shot-18_07.17_23_18.49-0085.thumb.jpg.30bfbf66dfede103f6c70cf06fc735a9.jpg

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,144 battles
8 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Also, you can't choose ship position. That's done the same way as random and coop battles. You have to sail where you want to go. The enemy will spawn in a line of sorts.

Sign in to follow this