You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

At what Account Level may one join a Clan?

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,441 posts
2,405 battles

I thought the limit was Level 15, since the Clan page doesn't appear in Port until that level.

However, a friend just solicited a Level 7 player.  Invite received and accepted.  So what's the lower limit?  Is it possible to receive and accept an Invite at Level 3?

[WOLF7]
Beta Testers
109 posts
1,366 battles

Account levels appear to be the level where various interface controls are introduced to the player. Account level 15 is where the "clan" tab appears and your can access its features. However, it's quite possible that not all the engineers got that design doc, and therefore may have implemented certain levels of clan functionality (like who you can send an invite to, or accepting an invite) without regard for account level limitations. I haven't been able to test this, but that's my theory of the game behavior you're seeing.

I don't know if this is on the WoWS dev team bug list, but if it was, my guess is that it's super low priority.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,441 posts
2,405 battles

@Yasha  I believe that you're right.  I got testimony that a Level 1 player may be invited to a clan.  Thanks.

BTW, a low-tier Steam account iDuckman_steamer, is a recent member of WOLF7.   Glad to see y'all keep it trimmed of non-players.  He's taking a break right now as Premium time has lapsed, but "I'll be back."

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,822 battles

Brand new players can be in a clan.  They just have to search and join by doing a clan search under their screen name in the port.

New players are still trying to get used to the game and probably aren’t going to be looking to join clans.

i did find a clan made of nothing by players who have just 1 and 2 battles total (coop and random combined)

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,441 posts
2,405 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 8:21 PM, wtfovr said:

They just have to search and join by doing a clan search under their screen name in the port.

Without a Clans page, how do you propose that they do a Clan Search, eh?  Players at an Account Level lower than 15 HAVE NO CLANS PAGE.

• Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,822 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Without a Clans page, how do you propose that they do a Clan Search, eh?  Players at an Account Level lower than 15 HAVE NO CLANS PAGE.

Brand new players do have a clan tab but it is not located in the normal place.

if you look at what you quoted, new players have to click on their screen name in the upper left.

a drop down appears.   The clan tab is under their screen name in the port below INVENTORY and above NEWS

from there they can search and apply to clans and respond to clan invites.

At some point (I assume level 15?) the CLANS tab moves from there to the normal place if they are not members of a clan.  Or if they join a clan at a lower account level, it moves to the normal place.

There are players who have not played any battles who are members of a clan.   

Edited by wtfovr
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,441 posts
2,405 battles
5 hours ago, wtfovr said:

There are players who have not played any battles who are members of a clan.   

I know.  They can receive and accept invitations.

5 hours ago, wtfovr said:

Brand new players do have a clan tab but it is not located in the normal place.

I just went through a new account start-up and didn't see a Clan tab in the drop-down.  It's possible I missed it.  Don't want to start a new account to prove it one way or the other.

If you know any new players, perhaps we can get a screen shot.