You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Non-Premium permanent camo discount?

12 comments in this topic

[FSA]
Beta Testers
165 posts
5,182 battles

I don't remember, but does WG ever discount the permanent camos for non-premium ships?

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

They've done it once in the 1.5+ years I've been playing ...

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

It did happen a month or so ago.

And I saw someone on the forums say that it was pretty unusual - the only time they had ever seen it.

I've only been playing for six months so I wouldn't know, but it sounds like it's very rare.

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
3 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

I don't remember, but does WG ever discount the permanent camos for non-premium ships?

Yes. 

Technically, there is one on now for Tier 10 space camos. 

But there was an across-the-board sale a few months ago on premium camos for all levels 5+, but they’re quite rare. Maybe once a year?

Edit: the one a few months ago was the only one I’ve noticed in two years of playing, but it could have happened earlier and I didn’t notice, or premium camos didn’t use to exist at that point - can’t remember. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
2 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

Just now, w4spl3g said:

They've done it once in the 1.5+ years I've been playing ...

Been playing two years and it was a first for me. Usually, only the silver cost and Type 59 one use camos go on sale.

[EQRN]
Members
343 posts
8,949 battles

There was an explicit 50% sale up to tier 9; however, there was an indirect sale for T10 camo by virtue of “refunding” 100 doubloons for every 1000 spent, which is effectively a 10% discount.  

[WOLF2]
Members
1,353 posts
13,076 battles
1 hour ago, Kraayt said:

There was a mission for Yamato camo a while ago and it looks like the next event will have Perm T10 camos for Worcester and Des Moines (grab those)

Camos up to T8 are actually given out occasionally in missions and events.

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
3,824 battles

The problem of introducing a tier 9 or 10 premium camo sale is that you now have created a "culture" where people will no longer buy these camos in their full price and will await for future discounts if it ever does come back and might leave grief for those that couldn't wait and bought the camo only to find out there would be a discount shortly after.

[LEGIO]
Members
2,994 posts
5,408 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

The problem of introducing a tier 9 or 10 premium camo sale is that you now have created a "culture" where people will no longer buy these camos in their full price and will await for future discounts if it ever does come back and might leave grief for those that couldn't wait and bought the camo only to find out there would be a discount shortly after.

With that backwards logic no company should ever have sales.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
3,824 battles
Just now, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

With that backwards logic no company should ever have sales.

At the least not the "unusual" sales

[WOLF2]
Members
1,353 posts
13,076 battles
6 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Not Myyyyy Problem :)

Edited by Commander_367