Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STOGGYRETURNS

Trade Secrets -TOP SECRET

22 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles

Is anyone willing to share their tactics, styles, and strategies with other players on or off the forums? Or does it give away too much about your own abilities to future adversaries? 

I come from EVE so as such I always think thru that filter. Is it dangerous to give up you tactics like losing the play book before a big football game? Do you think it could effect your outcomes in Ranked or Clan Battles?

If this seems clickbaity I apologize I am just looking to engage with the community and hear how they view the sharing of intel.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,166 posts
3,665 battles

would you rather play someone worth killing or one of those people who sails broadside while you milk their HP for 2 cits a salvo

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

Other than clan battles, I'll share anything with anyone.  A competitive community is essential to my continued enjoyment of the game, which is why I have always been active on the forums.

• Cool 4

[WHB]
Beta Testers
251 posts
3,113 battles

I think sharing of things you learned during play is good for the player base as a whole. If we did not share then the vast majority of us would take much longer to go from vegetable to a competent player.

[PSP]
Members
6,359 posts
8,982 battles

Pretty much all there is about the game has been put out there somewhere. However, knowledge is a funny thing: you can have it and not know it until its needed.

Here is an example of a tip:

Don't fire at the first thing you see, especially if you are still undetected. Assess the situation. Determine how you are angled or if you have cover. Check to see if you have support. Ask yourself if you ship can outmatch the other in a one on one brawl. Assess how the enemy is angled and if you can get a citadel to take off a lot of his hitpoints quickly. Or, should you switch to AP. These are things to consider before firing.

However, I see that you have way more games than I do. You should know all this. There comes a point when you should teach rather than pretend that you want to continue learning. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[EQRN]
Members
348 posts
8,991 battles

I’ll throw one out there, and it seems really obvious, but I see so many suffer, maybe it is a secret.  You’re in a cruiser you push forward, target pops up - now most people open up - I don’t.  I start a turn and start angling away before opening fire, because if your target has friends, you’re going to turn anyway, but showing many ships your broadside, and that’s a bad thing as a cruiser.  But what if you’re detected before you can turn?  Well, you’re minimap shows your detection circle, you shouldn’t be pushing that circle into where you should project your opposite number or a DD might be.  Never push your detection circle more than halfway through a cap circle, DDs typically won’t push that deep in the early minutes of a game.  Anyhoo, seems kinda ‘duh’, but I do see Omaha’s showing half the team their broadside 3 minutes in to the game, so someone isnt figuring it out.

• Cool 3

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
5 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

would you rather play someone worth killing or one of those people who sails broadside while you milk their HP for 2 cits a salvo

I'd rather fight something with a person attached to it and not a bot. I'm fine with sinking the "weak" as I am fine with being sunk when someone hits my "weakness". If I am being honest I do HP milk BBs right now because high damage totals and the reduction of stat shaming is very welcomed. So yes/no. I like Fire Engine builds right now(IFHE) with TANK or SPEED TANKER backers. I have been having nothing but issues with my AP since the most recent change. So I adapted to become what I feared the most in a tier X BB. A Fire Engine Conq.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
17 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Is anyone willing to share their tactics, styles, and strategies with other players on or off the forums? Or does it give away too much about your own abilities to future adversaries? 

I come from EVE so as such I always think thru that filter. Is it dangerous to give up you tactics like losing the play book before a big football game? Do you think it could effect your outcomes in Ranked or Clan Battles?

If this seems clickbaity I apologize I am just looking to engage with the community and hear how they view the sharing of intel.

Considering how many people offer advice here, write guides, and make youtube videos, the majority of the forumites are helpful people.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
2 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’ll throw one out there, and it seems really obvious, but I see so many suffer, maybe it is a secret.  You’re in a cruiser you push forward, target pops up - now most people open up - I don’t.  I start a turn and start angling away before opening fire, because if your target has friends, you’re going to turn anyway, but showing many ships your broadside, and that’s a bad thing as a cruiser.  But what if you’re detected before you can turn?  Well, you’re minimap shows your detection circle, you shouldn’t be pushing that circle into where you should project your opposite number or a DD might be.  Never push your detection circle more than halfway through a cap circle, DDs typically won’t push that deep in the early minutes of a game.  Anyhoo, seems kinda ‘duh’, but I do see Omaha’s showing half the team their broadside 3 minutes in to the game, so someone isnt figuring it out.

This is good intel right here!! I do very similar things only I have washed rinsed repeated so many times I just expect them to be there like a car at an intersection. I prep my turn early and set my ship in the retreat position. Making use of the speed tank from their I bob and weave while firing. Always shifting in and out of view to never get target fixated and keep the incoming round in view so I know where to not be when they land. Worst case I just drift back around land maintaining an eclipsed effect to sum or all red ships. 

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,008 posts
4,451 battles

it might be problematic to my national interests.but rest assured i have NO spies here watching other players spreading their secrets. we are a peaceful nation.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
5 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Better players make for a better game.

Yes exactly. Hence why in EVE we trained our noobs in pvp before we ever allowed them to join or fight under our primary corps. This game kind of makes that possible but I don't see the similar passions and concern for other players here because nothing is actually lost per say. Nothing is a permanent loss so I find people are less intense and when you ask them to be they give you that "when did you get a second head look".

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

However, I see that you have way more games than I do. You should know all this. There comes a point when you should teach rather than pretend that you want to continue learning. 

:cap_hmm: Might not be too far off if we are talking exclusively about me.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
28 minutes ago, worldeaters said:

I think sharing of things you learned during play is good for the player base as a whole. If we did not share then the fast majority of us would take much longer to go from vegetable to a competent player.

110% agree!!

[PSP]
Members
6,359 posts
8,982 battles
22 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

:cap_hmm: Might not be too far off if we are talking exclusively about me.

I went to college for about 20 years; finally one college asked me to teach for them and pretty much gave me free reign as to what I taught too. To tell you the truth, I learned a lot more from teaching my own classes than I did attending others' classes.

Members
855 posts
3,610 battles
54 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

This is a good share, but I love deleteing Omahas, I don't know why they are the worlds worst at showing up really fast, getting deleted like it was cool. 

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Other than clan battles, I'll share anything with anyone.  A competitive community is essential to my continued enjoyment of the game, which is why I have always been active on the forums.

This right here. This is pretty much what I think of knowledge sharing as well. Clan battles is just a very small portion of world of warships, so generally you can find a community around any ship. 

I 100% respect the Perth Community.

[WUDPS]
4,880 posts
4,757 battles

Lesson one of random matches: assume the other 14 people are morons and you should do well. 

[RKN]
Members
1,425 posts
12,242 battles
3 hours ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

If the people who come after us are not better than us, we have failed. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,208 battles
4 hours ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

LITERALLY IN THE SIGNATURE. LITERALLY POST REGULARLY IN NOOB ASKS QUESTIONS THREADS.

THE GAME IS NOT HARD.

KEEP TRACK OF ENEMIES.

HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF ENEMY CAMO.

HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF ENEMY ARMAMENT RANGE AND CHARACTERISTICS.

KNOWS THE MAPS.

STAY ALIVE WHILE DOING MEANINGFUL DAMAGE.

HOW YOU ACHIEVE THE ABOVE IS THE GAME.

THERE'S LITERALLY NO SECRET TO SHARE.

You know what grind my gears? Sharing experiences with tators, then the tators arguing why the experiences are invalid and not applicable to them... Well fine then, stay a tators, I need targets.

Edited by NeutralState

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles

Here was a thread I did a while back of in general stuff.

As far as strategy itself: This is a game of angles and spotting. Get a flat angle on the enemy and don't give any enemy a flat angle on you. Spot the enemy without them spotting you or only be spotted in a spot where minimal ships can target you.

Sign in to follow this