You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MandoWarrior1

How to play a Battleship in 2018.

49 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles

This is a serious question. What am I to do now? 

I own the Yamato and the Kurfurst.

I cant charge in, I cant snipe. I cant sit back and do nothing.

my accuracy is garbage at range, cruisers dodge on a dime, my AP shells seem to just hit cruisers for 1,000 damage a hit and thats if it doesn't bounce. DD's just run up to me without fear and torp wall me. My secondaries dont kill DD's at all and again, they have no fear from me.

If I get close enough, my yamato just gets citadeled instantly while my kurfurst lasts longer, but I cant ever hit a citadel on anything anymore. I dont know where to aim as the game has changed drastically since beta. 

What exactly is the surefire strategy to Battleshipping? How can I bring in the heavy damage numbers that im seeing people claim to get? Cause im only getting 60k on average before death. 

not to mention, im always the focus fire target.

Should I change to the other battleship shells for my kurfurst? The lower caliber guns.

• Bad 3

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Learn to aim, angle your armour and watch some videos, there's a time to sit back and a time to push up

[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles

"How to play a Battleship in 2018"

Use WASD to move and steer, mouse to look around and left-mouse to fire.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Learn to aim, angle your armour and watch some videos, there's a time to sit back and a time to push up

How are people pulling off these huge damage numbers when they are sitting back? How the hell do they pull that off when cruisers can dodge on a dime and you miss all your shells, or your shells decide it's hot outside and think its a good idea to take a dip in the pool?

[SVF]
[SVF]
Beta Testers
48 posts
4,078 battles
Just now, MandoWarrior1 said:

How are people pulling off these huge damage numbers when they are sitting back? How the hell do they pull that off when cruisers can dodge on a dime and you miss all your shells, or your shells decide it's hot outside and think its a good idea to take a dip in the pool?

The first can be attributed somewhat to good RNG. As for cruisers dodging, you need to learn how to predict their turns. When I'm in a cruiser and a BB is aiming at me, I tend to break off or turn in in the hopes of spoiling his shot. Only those who've guessed that I would pull such a move have landed significant hits (damage varies, obviously).

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
Just now, CompassJimbo said:

The first can be attributed somewhat to good RNG. As for cruisers dodging, you need to learn how to predict their turns. When I'm in a cruiser and a BB is aiming at me, I tend to break off or turn in in the hopes of spoiling his shot. Only those who've guessed that I would pull such a move have landed significant hits (damage varies, obviously).

So its really not worth ever sniping then? So then I should just hold my fire until I start to brawl?

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles

Eh forget it. Im back to uninstalling. I still cant play this game at all. I suck at this game and nothing i do matters. THanks anyways!

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,429 posts
9,564 battles
7 minutes ago, vonHintzen said:

65 battles and you have a Yammy and Kurfurst? :Smile_amazed:

This ^^^

That is not enough battles pull that off. Do you have an alt account?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

From what I've seen, the best way to play a battleship right now is to blame destroyers for all your problems and do nothing to help them.

• Funny 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,429 posts
9,564 battles
Just now, MandoWarrior1 said:

Eh forget it. Im back to uninstalling. I still cant play this game at all. I suck at this game and nothing i do matters. THanks anyways!

Seriously all else aside. Check out Notser and Flamu videos on youtube. You can do it!

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Seriously all else aside. Check out Notser and Flamu videos on youtube. You can do it!

Videos dont help. I need hands on but theres nothing I can do about it. I cant do anything right. I would go back to playing my World of Tanks but for some reason ,my system is really slow and wont start it anymore which is weird since this same system used to play it just fine. lol

but thats another thing for another day.

I just uninstalled so this thread is moot. I have no skill whatsoever and I cant seem to get anymore. 

• Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,875 battles

I just kinda snipe at the cruisers in yammy or wait for them to make a mistake so I can spank them. 

In Conqueror I find the nearest german to pick on, most likely the Kurfurst. :Smile_playing:

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
3 minutes ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Maybe for the best, I guess when things are hard it is easier to just not do them.

• Bad 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
18 minutes ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Because they shoot at targets that are not paying attention to them, or are going to make an obvious turn. 

Besides the ability of aiming ofc.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,429 posts
9,564 battles
1 minute ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Videos dont help. I need hands on but theres nothing I can do about it. I cant do anything right. I would go back to playing my World of Tanks but for some reason ,my system is really slow and wont start it anymore which is weird since this same system used to play it just fine. lol

I just uninstalled so this thread is moot. I have no skill whatsoever and I cant seem to get anymore. 

OK, a video can give you a starting point. Then you try to apply it. If you can do well in WOT you can do very well in WOWS.

[PLPT]
Members
65 posts
4,560 battles

I can't tell if OP is trolling or just somehow got to tier X with way too few battles...

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

Maybe for the best, I guess when things are hard it is easier to just not do them.

I've tried and tried for countless games, but it never seems to matter. I just die so quickly without doing any damage, and when I do shoot, my shells seem to just bounce or overpen and do nothing, but then I get shelled for 3/4 of my HP and Im looking at the screen confused.

*Shrug*

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
1 minute ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Well, you could do what most people do and play at the Mythical Mid-Range. This range (usually 10-15 KM) is a range where the enemy doesn't usually focus you, DDs can't get to you, and you are snugly in your fleet. However, at this range, you can usually hit ships and deal great damage.

It's hard...

But it works.

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

OK, a video can give you a starting point. Then you try to apply it. If you can do well in WOT you can do very well in WOWS.

I say thats utter [edited]. Everything is moving in World of Warships and people dodge VERY easily. 

Where as World of Tanks, things are more stationary and aiming is alot easier. I can actually do well in World of Tanks with my Jagepanzer e-100, Maus, and IS-4, but this is not my first rage uninstall where I scream at my computer and look really confused cause of things that happen in World of Warships that makes no sense. 

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,581 battles

Only 65 battles and already to Yamato? Amazing.
First question, firing HE or AP?
Prediction is key. Unlike tanks that can actually stop suddenly and turn, ships can't. know when a ship as committed to a turn then fire.
Watch videos and learn how to angle. WoWs is a much more complicated game than WoT, and for some people who came from WoT to WoWs, it's a bit much for them.

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
Just now, Unabletony said:

Only 65 battles and already to Yamato? Amazing.
First question, firing HE or AP?
Prediction is key. Unlike tanks that can actually stop suddenly and turn, ships can't. know when a ship as committed to a turn then fire.
Watch videos and learn how to angle. WoWs is a much more complicated game than WoT, and for some people who came from WoT to WoWs, it's a bit much for them.

I cant really predict which side they will turn, if they will speed up or slow down, or where my shells will decide to land.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
10 minutes ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

3 minutes ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

I say thats utter [edited]. Everything is moving in World of Warships and people dodge VERY easily. 

Where as World of Tanks, things are more stationary and aiming is alot easier. I can actually do well in World of Tanks with my Jagepanzer e-100, Maus, and IS-4, but this is not my first rage uninstall where I scream at my computer and look really confused cause of things that happen in World of Warships that makes no sense. 

Not much point in helping anymore, because you won't help yourself, enjoy your new endeavours, I guess if they prove to hard you can give up on that as well.

Your problem lies more with your ability to want to learn how, instead you want instant gratification on high damage games every game, without putting in any work to learn how.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,429 posts
9,564 battles
4 minutes ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Err..... WOT is quite a bit faster than WOWS. WOWS is WOT in slow motion. 

Well if you rage uninstall and scream lol.....then I would start with recommendations out side of video gaming lol....