You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Not that I think WoWs NA is super toxic or anything, buuuut...

23 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

I thought this was a really good policy.

"Use racial or homophobic slurs: instant ban"

WG should implement something like this too.

Oh, and before anyone has anything to say about 'muh freedom of speech' you don't have that on privately owned property.
If you don't understand that, you probably need to stay in school.

https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-toxicity-ban/

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles

As much as those words can really be hurtful, I think WG has it right with what they currently have. Whipping out bans is not something to take lightly, and drawing the line at real threats and harassment is the right call for now.

In all fairness, R6S is a very different game (and community) than WoWS, so I doubt we would ever really need such a policy in the way they did.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

It is already a thing in the forum rules, section 2.1, and I believe it is in the games terms of service too.

2 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

As much as those words can really be hurtful, I think WG has it right with what they currently have. Whipping out bans is not something to take lightly, and drawing the line at real threats and harassment is the right call for now.

In all fairness, R6S is a very different game (and community) than WoWS, so I doubt we would ever really need such a policy in the way they did.

The in game reporting system does work eventually for the bad ones and for the most toxic ones screen shots and start a ticket.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,882 battles

That awkward moment where you get more hate for being a tester then anything. 

Hell I haven't been called a (N word) since beta, which is nice. 

Edited by Sinboto

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
2 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

That awkward moment where you get more hate for being a tester then anything. 

Hell I haven't been called a (N word) since beta, which is nice. 

Noob!

:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 3

[NDA]
Supertester
3,281 posts
5,882 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Noob!

:Smile-_tongue:

No how could youuuuuuuuuuu! :Smile_sad:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
2 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

No how could youuuuuuuuuuu! :Smile_sad:

Low hanging fruit and it doesn't count because it was done in fun.:Smile_honoring: Over all we have a good community here.

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,071 battles
46 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Oh, and before anyone has anything to say about 'muh freedom of speech' you don't have that on privately owned property.

Oh stop being so sensitive and grow some thicker skin so you can survive in the real world ! ! ! 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

And this is the exact reason why I have the game chat disabled lol.  But I do agree with that.  Slurs should be instant banned.  No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.

Edited by torpsRus

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
42 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Spoiler

As much as I'd like to say sure why not, how would it affect the health of the forums in the long run? Can't say we have enough members that we can simply ban people for all sorts of nonsense like other forums do. 

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As much as I'd like to say sure why not, how would it affect the health of the forums in the long run? Can't say we have enough members that we can simply ban people for all sorts of nonsense like other forums do. 

Oh, I'm saying that we're good as is, and that while the policy might help, we don't need it badly enough to justify its use (yet at least).

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,249 posts
9,942 battles

:fish_palm: reset the clock......

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,883 posts
12,627 battles

@MrDeaf Send the offenders names in a support ticket to Customer Support and they may do something about it!

Carry on!

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@MrDeaf Send the offenders names in a support ticket to Customer Support and they may do something about it!

Carry on!

No, I really did mean it when I said WoWs NA isn't very toxic, because I can't really think of anyone to report these days.

But having a no tolerance policy is still a good thing, because not all the WG servers are, relatively, this clean.

Edited by MrDeaf

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
11 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

No, I really did mean it when I said WoWs NA isn't very toxic, because I can't really think of anyone to report these days.

But having a no tolerance policy is still a good thing, because not all the WG servers are, relatively, this clean.

(Looking at you, RU server:Smile_sceptic:)

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles
4 hours ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Oh stop being so sensitive and grow some thicker skin so you can survive in the real world ! ! ! 

I mean, there is a lot of talk amongst the WoWs community (at least the ones I look at) that they don't want their game to become like WoToxic, so I don't quite understand the point of your statement.

In fact, if I did what you did and read deeper into the meaning of the post, than there was posted or implied, your post there could be construed as wanting to maintain the status quo for level of toxicity in the game, which you seem to think there is more than I think there is.

Edited by MrDeaf

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
6 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't really see it having much effect at all on the forums. We'd lose... What? One, maybe two people every now and then? And would those really be people we want to keep around anyway?

Beta Testers
1,225 posts
8,474 battles

'Real world'

Yeah....right. The rude comments I see in chat would get a  nose instantly smashed in anywhere in my universe. You can take the sailor out of the trailer park....  

Co worker got a warning strike from WG after PM'ing a guy after a match teasing him if his parents paid for his premium ship with Visa or mastercard. So, WG is serious about this. Wows still needs a global chat disable like Wot.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
On 7/17/2018 at 6:39 PM, KURT_WOLFF said:

Oh, stop being so insensitive and learn some social skills so you can survive in the real world!

No, seriously. Try walking into the Bronx and yelling-out some racial slurs at the first people you see. That behavior is completely counter-intuitive to the desire of "surviving in the real world." 

Just because you want to be able to say whatever you want to anyone without consequence doesn't mean it's either right or gonna happen.