You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Charity Auction Proposal - Ships for ?

6 comments in this topic

Members
599 posts

Has WOWs ever considered having an EBAY like auction for discontinued ships?

If they do not want to do it for profit (Which is a great idea IMHO!!)  What about Charity auction?

WOWs has done things for the Battleship Texas and Vet causes.  

I would gladly contribute a Nikoli I ….Built with Stalinium and has Russian Bias module plus Halloween Camo....Scare your enemies to death!!!

How much would one person pay for a Missouri or some other boat 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,388 posts
3,875 battles

I don't know, you usually do charity auctions for things that impact a lot of people, like cancer research. Or homeless children.

Other charity events are better suited to more niche projects like supporting a museum or memorial.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
7 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Has WOWs ever considered having an EBAY like auction for discontinued ships?

If they do not want to do it for profit (Which is a great idea IMHO!!)  What about Charity auction?

WOWs has done things for the Battleship Texas and Vet causes.  

I would gladly contribute a Nikoli I ….Built with Stalinium and has Russian Bias module plus Halloween Camo....Scare your enemies to death!!!

How much would one person pay for a Missouri or some other boat 

Is the Texas Saved tho last I heard there were still issues

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

WG does plenty with charity. You get your flag and it says you did something useful.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,485 posts
3,435 battles

Well, WG could use Ebay sales as a means to get around "direct sales". It's more direct than resource conversion (XP->FXP, or Play Time/Containers -> Coal), but not a straight sale, managed by a 3rd party entity, who takes commission per sale (thus WG earns less than the actual winning bid).

Auction discontinued and restricted (Tester/Ranked/Clan/T9 and T10 Premiums) ships starting the bid at 75 USD, about the price of a T8 Premium, once or twice a month per ship (keeping rarity high). Advertise it on their portals and reddit, to ensure high bids.

If WG wanted to be a little more noble about it, they could add a Charity percentage to their bids, where anywhere from 5% all the way to 100% of proceeds (after fees) go straight to certain charities (like a number of Charity-related Ebay listings).

I'm neutral on it, since it is another means of revenue for WG, as well as another means for players to get extremely rare ships (and see just how far some will go for some ships). I'd just prefer they add restricted ships to the Arsenal for Coal on rotation personally.