Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Clarification on how to support CC’s in #IAMCOMMANDER/Ring contest

20 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,481 posts
4,768 battles

I think there is some confusion on the whole #IAMCOMMANDER aka The Ring CC contest and how to support your favorite CC.  This is to alleviate some confusion, as I see a lot of people state who they are “voting” for.

I know that for the most part, many of you all like more than one CC.  Jingles of course being the Granddaddy (in more ways than one).  This is merely to clear up some confusion and help you all understand what’s going on, based upon what we have been told so that you can in fact support whom you want.

The contest itself is interaction driven.  There are no “votes” per se.

If you want to support a certain CC throughout the contest on contest related content, you view, like and comment.  That’s it.

Points are awarded in such a fashion.

Views+Likes+Comments/Subscribers.  If a CC with 50,000 subscribers makes a video that has 10,000 views, has 1,000 likes, and 1,000 comments, that equates to 10,000+1,000+1,000/50,000=.24

If a CC with only 20,000 followers pulls the same views, likes and comments, that equates to .6.  That CC would beat out the CC with a larger following.

Based on the rules and how the contest works, you can support more than just one CC.  If you like or comment on more than one CC’s content produced for the contest, you are supporting each of them, whether you want to or not.

Hope this helps.

Support those you like.  I have little to no idea about how anything in this event will work other than we will get CCT crates to provide to you all.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
225 posts
8,231 battles

I thought it's view * likes * comments, not +?

[BRZKR]
1,481 posts
4,768 battles
7 minutes ago, axyarthur said:

I thought it's view * likes * comments, not +?

It is not.  That was clarified to us today and part the reason for posting.

[KWA]
Beta Testers
1,787 posts
3,899 battles

Well.... I mean, I get that they need to balance out larger subscription bases (like Jingles), but... dang Jingles having such a large following really hurts him a lot. Just did the math comparing his Haida video to Notser's Haida video.

Jingles:

116,663 views, 5,700 likes, and 1,344 comments. Divide that by his 598,097 subscribers and he has a score of 0.206.

Notser:

10,049 views, 464 likes, and 101 comments. Divide that by his 50,939 subscribers and he has a score of 0.208.

And that is with Jingles' video being three days older. Despite Jingles' video having larger values by a factor of at least ten in each category, technically Notser wins (if you go three decimal places) with that video. Jingles is definitely being hurt by the portion of his subscription base that doesn't watch his WoWS content.

Will be interesting to see how this contest plays out. I mean, I follow a good chunk of the CCs on YouTube, but Jingles is definitely my favorite. He has the hat already!

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
1,481 posts
4,768 battles
1 hour ago, OseanTanker said:

Well.... I mean, I get that they need to balance out larger subscription bases (like Jingles), but... dang Jingles having such a large following really hurts him a lot. Just did the math comparing his Haida video to Notser's Haida video.

Jingles:

116,663 views, 5,700 likes, and 1,344 comments. Divide that by his 598,097 subscribers and he has a score of 0.206.

Notser:

10,049 views, 464 likes, and 101 comments. Divide that by his 50,939 subscribers and he has a score of 0.208.

And that is with Jingles' video being three days older. Despite Jingles' video having larger values by a factor of at least ten in each category, technically Notser wins (if you go three decimal places) with that video. Jingles is definitely being hurt by the portion of his subscription base that doesn't watch his WoWS content.

Will be interesting to see how this contest plays out. I mean, I follow a good chunk of the CCs on YouTube, but Jingles is definitely my favorite. He has the hat already!

It is an interesting methodology for sure...

[VVV]
Members
2,427 posts
On 7/17/2018 at 2:44 PM, Gregor_Marethel said:

So the best way to support someone is to unsubscribe in order to lower the divisor?

Seems backwards to me...

It is. The formula WG is using for this is nonsensical. 

• Cool 2

Members
571 posts

The Two WG "ADDED" after the fact will be the winners,1st and 2nd........ Funny they said 10 will be selected and After the Vote the Russian Favorites were not voted for and WG already picked the winners..... So they "ADDED them"

This is not a "DEMOCRACY"

It is Communism at its finest. 

[FML]
Members
1,782 posts
10,159 battles
6 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

The Two WG "ADDED" after the fact will be the winners,1st and 2nd........ Funny they said 10 will be selected and After the Vote the Russian Favorites were not voted for and WG already picked the winners..... So they "ADDED them"

Ah, the opposite of communism is not democracy, it is capitalism, as it refers to an economic system. A/The opposite of democracy is authoritarianism, which is a system of government. Eg, you could have a country that was both democratic and communist, or authoritarian and capitalist.

Indeed, a few economists reckon the Soviet Union was not communist at all (except in name) and instead it was state-capitalist (ie, the government owned everything, as opposed to the people owning everything in a ‘true’ communist concept).

In general terms, subject to many caveats. 

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles

This whole event is a convoluted mess, there was no reason to do what they have done. The fact that you actually have to make posts clarifying how to participate shows that it is absurd. I voted and want no more part of this crap.

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,865 posts
7,179 battles

It does seem rather complicated. There are other criticisms that might be made, but they can wait.

In any case, wishing you all luck.

(are only our male ccs taking part? another oddity - is this supposed to mean something?)

[WOLF3]
Members
6,489 posts
2,439 battles
3 hours ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

Nah.  Obviously there were different candidates on different servers.  Some candidates apparently were on several servers.  WG was moderating between them. 

I've run this type of competition.  You just have to make choices that are sometimes obtuse from a parochial viewpoint.  Give them the benefit of the doubt.

P.S.  "Democracy" is not the be-all and end-all of government.  In fact, the good ole USA is not a democracy at the Federal level.

[LEGIT]
Members
53 posts
17,464 battles

Honestly like him or not, Jingles should be given his likeness in game. (my opinion) The number of people that play this game directly do to his work, its insulting to make him jump through hoops. I am not a huge fan of Jingles myself, however I wouldn't be here if not for him. I am in a 400+ member guild that playes other games. Most of those players came here, do to his work.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,960 posts
10,751 battles
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, OseanTanker said:

Jingles:

Notser:

WG Russian "Balance" formula at work.  Jingles got nerfed hard because he is too OP.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
419 posts
2,506 battles
On 7/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, NoZoupForYou said:

I have little to no idea about how anything in this event will work other than we will get CCT crates to provide to you all.

So...bribes? 

:Smile-_tongue:

Honestly, though, the formula isn't at all a bad way to do it, IMHO. Not perfect, but gives smaller channels a fighting chance at least. The issue will be how some manipulate it (people unsubbing to get the ratio up) and the fact those who are popular get punished for it.

Edited by MajorEnglush

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,763 battles

A popular vote done in the game client makes the most sense... So to support someone you like you have to unfollow and to not support others you should follow them..? Sorry zoup, but today you lost a subscriber :cap_yes:

[BRZKR]
1,481 posts
4,768 battles
4 hours ago, Tala_01 said:

Honestly like him or not, Jingles should be given his likeness in game. (my opinion) The number of people that play this game directly do to his work, its insulting to make him jump through hoops. I am not a huge fan of Jingles myself, however I wouldn't be here if not for him. I am in a 400+ member guild that playes other games. Most of those players came here, do to his work.  

I don’t think many of us would have argued if that had happened.

I’d say the vast majority of any CC shares a lot of their followers with Jingles, as he was one of the first.

So just another FYI.  It appears that we will be making weekly videos that are uploaded to WG.  Those are the videos players will view, like and comment on.

Someone said convoluted mess???  I plead the fifth.  I’m just here to support the democratic process :p

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KWA]
Beta Testers
1,787 posts
3,899 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I’d say the vast majority of any CC shares a lot of their followers with Jingles, as he was one of the first.

So just another FYI.  It appears that we will be making weekly videos that are uploaded to WG.  Those are the videos players will view, like and comment on.

Someone said convoluted mess???  I plead the fifth.  I’m just here to support the democratic process :p

I am going to have to check if I am subbed to ya Zoup. Know I have watched a few of your videos and enjoyed them. Plus we were in a game together once. Definitely a reason to sub :cap_yes:

Members
414 posts
2,161 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Even if all of Jingles following doesn’t support Warships, around 100k-150k do and that makes him the biggest Warships Youtuber and have the biggest following period. 

I’m sure if he made a Warships, Tanks, WT, and etc channels Warships would sit around 150k subscribers. 

Jingles is the biggest Wargaming Youtuber followed closely by Quickybaby and then no one is even in the ballpark to those 2 and he should be rewarded for his commitment. 

Sign in to follow this