Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Selling the Monagham

23 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,220 battles

I purchased this ship 2 weeks ago, mostly for the 10-point CPT. After playing her a bit, I find a do not like this ship. Can I sell the ship back and keep the 10-point CPT? If I sell the ship back do I get doubloons?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles

No, you will get silver back for the ship (and modules if you don’t use gold to demount them), but you can retain the commander by sending him to the reserve (assuming you have space). 

My reccomendation is that you do not sell the ship though; if you ever want it back, you have to re-buy with gold or $. If you sell it, you may receive it again through a Santa crate or Supercontainer - and that will be tres frustrating. 

So, just keep her as a port queen, and as a lesson on reading reviews more closely. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 8

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,264 battles

Never sell a premium ship. Ever. At worst you have, in Monaghan's A-hull configuration, a C-hull Farragut. You can always use her for that.

• Cool 3

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
23 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I purchased this ship 2 weeks ago, mostly for the 10-point CPT. After playing her a bit, I find a do not like this ship. Can I sell the ship back and keep the 10-point CPT? If I sell the ship back do I get doubloons?

19 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

No, you will get silver back for the ship (and modules if you don’t use gold to demount them), but you can retain the commander by sending him to the reserve (assuming you have space). 

My reccomendation is that you do not sell the ship though; if you ever want it back, you have to re-buy with gold or $. If you sell it, you may receive it again through a Santa crate or Supercontainer - and that will be tres frustrating. 

So, just keep her as a port queen, and as a lesson on reading reviews more closely. 

That's right. I recommend anyone to look into some guides before buying and before selling as well. Here is one fine for example:

Study it carefully and I hope you will change your decision. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,256 posts
8,868 battles

I second the 'don't sell it.'

While you may have problems with it now, you might come back to it in 6 months time and decide you like it. I have the ship also, and it's difficult to like, but for now it's on the backburner as I grind out the T10 special modules. I will get around to playing mine some more, and later is probably better, after the light cruiser line has died down some.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Never sell a premium ship. Ever. At worst you have, in Monaghan's A-hull configuration, a C-hull Farragut. You can always use her for that.

Except... it's not.

Non USN smoke, and the C hull lacks compared to the B.

Had it been an actual premium Farragut I'd have bought it. It's different enough to not be, so I passed.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,080 battles
47 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

As everyone has said never sell premium ships, play the ship in Coop if you have to, you can still train up a captain there its going to take a lot longer, also you will get better credit in Coop for premium ship better than nothing.    

Edited by tm63au

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

I can't tell you the number of times I've given up playing a ship for a number of weeks, months, or in a few cases a year and come back to it and find that I really enjoy it now.  

At Tier VI, Monaghan is not a terrific commander trainer, but if she's your senior premium she'll do well enough.  Set her aside for a bit and come back later.

At the very least, Wargaming has a long history of buffing up under-performing units.  If time shows her to be weak, it's in their best interest to improve her.  If not, you'll have a unique unit to play on odd occasions.  Premium ships are also excellent for Ranked seasons simply due to their ability to hot-swap commanders with no penalties.  You won't have to take any time (or doubloons) retraining your 19-point US commander for any potential future Tier VI seasons.  Not that it's (sadly) too likely.

-R

[NUWES]
Members
1,659 posts
5,578 battles
4 hours ago, Markk9 said:

As others have said, you'll get silver back. Don't ever sell a premium unless wargaming is doing a return-for-doubloons offer like they did for Perth and Belfast. Even then don't resell the ship unless you have no plan to ever use that ship. I sold Perth back for doubloons because I didn't enjoy the ship and it doesn't do anything that ships I have and actually like don't do better. (Ironically I got it back in Christmas crates *sigh*). Seriously though, don't sell it unless they do a doubloon trade-in for it (which isn't likely) or you desperately need the port slot for some reason. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Your own loss if you bought a ship you did not like. I bought Saipan and I sold her because I did not like her. My own loss.

[ENDVR]
Members
419 posts
5,330 battles

As you continue to play, you’ll find your playstyles changing.  It may very well be that you try it again a year from now and it becomes the bee’s knees for you.

+1 dont sell

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,220 battles

I will keep her a port queen. Some day I may come back and like her.

[PSP]
Members
6,291 posts
8,915 battles

I got mine from a mission. I played it enough to get the flag so I can say that I gave it a fair shot. While I like DDs, I really never did like the Monaghan. I sold it. You don't have to keep every ship.

Edited by Snargfargle

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I got mine for free, don't really like it that much.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,179 posts
11,693 battles

I've been enjoying the ship.  Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't sell a premium.

Members
1,150 posts
3,141 battles

I sell premiums all the time. The credits tend to be way more useful than the ship I'll never play, and if I do change my mind, I can go back to support and buy back the ship for credits. 

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,428 battles

The only premium ship I sold was the vampire that i got for free from ingame missions

[SIDE]
Members
1,256 posts
8,868 battles
5 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I sell premiums all the time. The credits tend to be way more useful than the ship I'll never play, and if I do change my mind, I can go back to support and buy back the ship for credits. 

If you need credits that badly, there are better ways than selling premiums. Try playing them instead...

• Cool 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,835 battles

Not that I have ever won a ship in a super container, I've heard if you do win a ship it looks for one you don't own. So on a extremely rare occasion if you do win a ship it can be the dog of a ship you hate if you don't keep it.

[INTEL]
Members
654 posts
7,564 battles

Keep it if you don't absolutely need the credits or port slot.  

As others have mentioned, coming back to a ship later can get you different results after you learn more in other ships.  I do it often on weekends when I've played my Go-To ships and want to try something else for a change.  There's no pressure and I'm not expecting to do well, and it happens.  I have a good game, or at least a better game than I was expecting.  I even have this weird anomaly with a few ships.  High win rate but I die early, have low damage and just don't feel like I have good games in them.  I still go back to them occasionally and again, no expectations and often enough I'm pleasantly surprised.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,594 battles
2 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

If you need credits that badly, there are better ways than selling premiums. Try playing them instead...

I'm gonna go ahead and jump on the bandwagon too. NEVER sell a premium. You WILL get it back in crate of SC just because RNGesus hates you. 

Members
1,150 posts
3,141 battles
7 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

I only use three ships for earning credits (Yamato with permanent camo, Alabama, Atago). The premiums I sell are usually the ones that I earned, were given to me, or I fell out of interest with. If it's just going to sit in my port and rot I'd rather turn it in and help pay for something I will actually use. It's a game after all and I'd rather spend my time playing something I enjoy. 

Sign in to follow this