You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ranmas

Bug with Torpedos and afk players?

7 comments in this topic

[TOGO]
Beta Testers
23 posts
1,376 battles

So I was in a game tonight, and I was able to work my way across the map, and what do I find.  One afk destroyer sitting on the other team.  Should have been an easy kill as the ship was not moving.  Dropped a set of torps at about 3.8km from target and turned to leave.  Watching the torps they went right on through the ship without 'hitting' the afk person.  So Ok,  I shoot the ship with my guns just to make sure its not some kind of weird lag, and yeah they hit and dmg the ship.  Well as I continue to fire I get to 1.8km and launch my torps again....  I'm sure to hit this time, but yet again the torps just go right through the ship while my guns are still able to hit said ship.  I was in the PHRA RUANG and launched 2 full sets of torps at the ship for a total of 8 torps, but not a single one of them hit.

Is this a bug, or are afk players protected from torpedoes for some reason?  If they are why are they, as that is really counter intuitive for both their teammates and the opposing team.

• Funny 3

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
25 minutes ago, ranmas said:

So I was in a game tonight, and I was able to work my way across the map, and what do I find.  One afk destroyer sitting on the other team.  Should have been an easy kill as the ship was not moving.  Dropped a set of torps at about 3.8km from target and turned to leave.  Watching the torps they went right on through the ship without 'hitting' the afk person.  So Ok,  I shoot the ship with my guns just to make sure its not some kind of weird lag, and yeah they hit and dmg the ship.  Well as I continue to fire I get to 1.8km and launch my torps again....  I'm sure to hit this time, but yet again the torps just go right through the ship while my guns are still able to hit said ship.  I was in the PHRA RUANG and launched 2 full sets of torps at the ship for a total of 8 torps, but not a single one of them hit.

Is this a bug, or are afk players protected from torpedoes for some reason?  If they are why are they, as that is really counter intuitive for both their teammates and the opposing team.

No their not. Ive torpedoed an AFK DD. Because they can still spot for the enemy.  

I See you were in a Pan Asian DD.  Their torps are deep running and wont hit a dd. 

Edited by Sped_Gax
  • Funny 2

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Looks like it's bedtime because you're seeing/forgetting things! As previously mentioned, Pan Asian DDs can't torpedo other DDs.

[TOGO]
Beta Testers
23 posts
1,376 battles

Ah, I see.  Well that's just slightly annoying.

Thanks for the reply's.

[WORX]
Members
1,831 posts
12,872 battles

Blame WOWS for the DWT gimmick that only hit CV BB and cruisers (exempt the Assasio BB and CV only) remember AFK ship still can spot you for the red fleet. I know its frustrating

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles
10 hours ago, ranmas said:

2 tiers in asian dd and he still doesnt know their torps dont hit dds?

when you play brit bbs dont shoot he in queen elizabeth or any non brithis bb.

Edited by monpetitloup