Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Brainstorming a Mothball Fleet Option

24 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I have about 50 ships and get uncomfy if the total goes over that.  However, I prefer to focus on one ship type at a time so having to scroll through all those ships gets annoying,

My last ship type before starting my break was USN cruisers. I am up to the Cleve and Baltimore.

The game client allows us to hide an entire category of ships. Think the Arp ships.  We can gray out others by class or nation.

However, what I'd like to have is the ability to completely hide individual ships from my sight.  For example, it will be a cold day in [redacted] before I ever play the Molotov, Emden, or Chapayev again, so it would be grand to tuck them out of view and never see them again. 

Instead of having to look at 50 ships, it would be ideal to just have the 10 to 15 I'm having fun playing visible to me when I return from my break.

Could this be done without straining dev bandwidth?

:Smile_child:

Edited by TheGreatBlasto
typo
  • Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
8 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I have about 50 ships and get uncomfy if the total goes over that.  However, I prefer to focus on one ship type at a time so having to scroll through all those ships gets annoying,

My last ship type before starting my break was USN cruisers. I am up to the Cleve and Baltimore.

The game client allows us to hide an entire category of ships. Think the Arp ships.  We can gray out others by class or nation.

However, what I'd like to have is the ability to completely hide individual ships from my sight.  For example, it will be a cold day in [redacted] before I ever play the Molotov, Emden, or Chapayev again, so it would be grand to tuck them out of view and never see them again. 

Instead of having to look at 50 ships, it would be grand to just have the 10 to 15 I'm having fun playing visible to me when I return from my break.

Sorry miss read lol No there isn't a way at the moment.  Unless you have the ships of the nations or certain things checked off even then it doesn't fully do it.

Edited by torpsRus

[EQRN]
Members
342 posts
8,943 battles

Not quite what you’re wanting, but I’d like a tabbed carousel where you see only a nationality per tab, or ship class, or tier.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
12,986 battles

You can select the 10-15 ships as your "primary" ships.  This will display them first in your port. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,809 posts
10,315 battles

Didn't you quit?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,022 posts
23 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Instead of having to look at 50 ships, it would be ideal to just have the 10 to 15 I'm having fun playing visible to me when I return from my break.

Didn't you quit the game? :cap_wander:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
10 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You can select the 10-15 ships as your "primary" ships.  This will display them first in your port. 

Yeah, I know but would prefer to simply not see the others.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

For now you can try assigning commanders to the ships that you're playing with. For ships that you're not playing with, send their commanders to the reserve or dismiss them. Then open the filter and select 'Show ships with a Commander'.

dAr74qN.png

• Cool 2

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles

just going to ask this..  if you are never going to play them again.. why not sell them?

• Cool 1

Members
709 posts
9,924 battles
18 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Yeah, I know but would prefer to simply not see the others.

:cap_wander:

DUDE!  I thought you left! 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
5 minutes ago, Panbun said:

For now you can try assigning commanders to the ships that you're playing with. For ships that you're not playing with, send their commanders to the reserve or dismiss them. Then open the filter and select 'Show ships with a Commander'.

dAr74qN.png

It's too complicated that way. Imagine that you decide to play a ship and you have 100 captains to scroll through to find the one trained for your ship.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,806 battles

Right click the ships you want to see and select Primary Ship. 

Do this for every ship you want to keep in you 'Active Fleet'. 

The carousel automatically moves and groups all the Primary ships to the left. 

So in effect you've created an 'Primary Fleet' and a 'Mothball Fleet'. 

I have like 86 ships in port and doing this has reduced the time I spend looking for ships. 

3 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

just going to ask this..  if you are never going to play them again.. why not sell them?

There are a couple of reasons why I keep tech tree ships around that I'll never play. 1 they have a special camo aka those special halloween steam punk camos for T3 ships. I won't play these ships but the camos are cool so they become port queens. 2 WG has stated they are going to add a ship collectors bonus that will give players some kind of bonuses depending on how many ships they have in port. 

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
23 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Some I may decide to play again down the road like the Chappy. However, I doubt that I will ever play the Molotov which I won as a Santa Crate.

I've gone through about 150 to date ships so I'm obviously selling many if I'm down to 50.  I just don't need to sell anything for credits right now.

I'm rich! Rich, I tell you!

:cap_haloween:

Edited by TheGreatBlasto
typo
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,694 battles
17 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Yup. I'd like to mothball a bunch of ships too. 

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
5 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Some I may decide to play again down the road like the Chappy. However, I doubt that I will ever play the Molotov which I won as a Santa Crate.

I've gone through about 150 to date ships so I'm obviously selling many if I'm down to 50.  I just don't need to sell anything for credits right now.

I'm rich! Rich, I tell you!

wouldn't sell any premiums, but normal tech tree ships.. if you never want to play them, you can sell easily enough,  later on, you will have more money than you know what to do with anyway.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
1 hour ago, Airglide2 said:

:cap_wander:

DUDE!  I thought you left! 

exactly

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KEGEL]
Members
109 posts
5,443 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

Right click the ships you want to see and select Primary Ship. 

Do this for every ship you want to keep in you 'Active Fleet'. 

The carousel automatically moves and groups all the Primary ships to the left. 

So in effect you've created an 'Primary Fleet' and a 'Mothball Fleet'. 

I have like 86 ships in port and doing this has reduced the time I spend looking for ships. 

There are a couple of reasons why I keep tech tree ships around that I'll never play. 1 they have a special camo aka those special halloween steam punk camos for T3 ships. I won't play these ships but the camos are cool so they become port queens. 2 WG has stated they are going to add a ship collectors bonus that will give players some kind of bonuses depending on how many ships they have in port. 

The other reason to keep tech tree ships is occasionally WG gives away these ships thru missions. This means you get the credit value when received.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

@TheGreatBlasto I have 88 ships so far and find no problem at all with all 88 strung out in a line. Finding the one I want is only 87 clicks of the mouse at the most. The carousel sort makes it even easier to isolate one nations ships, ship type, 1st win bonus still available etc. There is nothing wrong with having to put in a little work to have the fun we find here!  

[FML]
Members
1,758 posts
10,132 battles
8 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

It's too complicated that way. Imagine that you decide to play a ship and you have 100 captains to scroll through to find the one trained for your ship.

Actually, @Panbun‘s suggestion is genius. 

When assigning a commander from reserve to an empty ship, it starts the list with the commander specced for that ship, followed by commanders from that nation, followed by commanders from other nations you can’t use anyway. So, unless you had 100 Chapayev or Russian commanders in reserve, you’ll be fine. 

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
6 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@TheGreatBlasto I have 88 ships so far and find no problem at all with all 88 strung out in a line. Finding the one I want is only 87 clicks of the mouse at the most. The carousel sort makes it even easier to isolate one nations ships, ship type, 1st win bonus still available etc. There is nothing wrong with having to put in a little work to have the fun we find here!  

I have a Popeye right arm from all that clicking.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles

Amazing how short a time "Quitting forever" actually is.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,124 posts

Custom ship carousel would be great. You can put all the ships you want onto it and then add tabs for Tier. I would be able to use the full size icons again.

Edited by MorbidGamer

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

@TheGreatBlasto That is hilarious and I be having a hardy laugh but my lunch is on the way and I don't want to stir up my acid reflux problem. Popeye arms Yea I had those dome 50 years ago when I did real work lugging heavy rock band gear around every weekend. Trust me mouse clicking is not going to buff up the guns!

Sign in to follow this