Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Marius_60

Marius_60

14 comments in this topic

[1230]
Members
19 posts
2,533 battles

hOW DOES ONE LOCK HIS GUNS IN PLACE TO LOOK AROUND THEN UNLOCK THEM?

Edited by Marius_60

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,271 battles

If you want a full guide try the wiki at this link (It's VERY helpful): http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Have you researched the modules needed to advance to the Karlsruhe? On some ships you HAVE to research certain modules in order to advance to the next ship.

[1230]
Members
19 posts
2,533 battles

When I go to Premium Shop/ships Ihave the option to buy a ship:\; can I keep that ship forever? Also I do not understand what a 30 day Premium means?

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Hi Marius, welcome to the forums.

Good questions.  As long as you keep the same account, you will have the ability to use the premium ship you've purchased the right to use.  

"30 days premium" probably refers to premium time you'll receive when you make the purchase of the right to use the ship.  Our accounts have two levels (that I know of); Standard  and Premium

Standard accounts are completely free, and you receive normal bonuses and rewards from matches played.  Premium accounts are paid for in some fashion, either by purchasing days of "premium time" outright through the premium shop, or oftentimes when you purchase something else which is packaged with premium time.  Premium accounts see a 1.5x bonus to all rewards earned in matches, and a few other little benefits like early access to certain premium ships and such.  

Hope that answers your questions!

-R

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

If you buy a ship yes you keep it for the life of your account.  You can sell them for credits in game if you decide you no longer want it.  I do not recommend doing that because you can earn those credits with the increased earning potential of the premium ship. 

30 days of Premium means for the next 30 days, starting on the day of purchase, every battle you will earn 50% more XP and credits compared to without the premium account.  You can see what you would get with premium and without on the fourth screen of the post battle results (the xp and credits tab). 

If you are a truly new player like your account suggests I would recommend getting the Premium time over a premium ship.  It will typically be cheaper and as long as you are playing that month you will gain more from it since it boosts all the ships you play.  Only get a ship if you truly want to play THAT ship or train captains for that nation.  And ideally later once you are sure you want to stick with the game and will make use of it. 

Just to be clear you can play the game completely for free but it can be frustratingly slow to progress which is what the Premium time makes better.  Premium ships offer unique play styles, captain training for their nation, and the increased credit earning.

Also since you are asking about premium time and ships, you can typically buy ships with premium time and other stuff attached.  It is discounted versus buy each thing separately, but it is also much more money than just buying the ship, so it is up to you to decide if the additional things are things you want.

Edited by mrh308
formatting and additions

[1230]
Members
19 posts
2,533 battles

To Mister_Rawr and mrh308 Thanks a lot. Yes brand new player. Learning!!

• Cool 1

Members
1,077 posts
5,979 battles
31 minutes ago, Marius_60 said:

To Mister_Rawr and mrh308 Thanks a lot. Yes brand new player. Learning!!

OK, Marius,

Some folks will likely come along and tell you not to buy a premium ship that is above your current highest tier, or of an unfamiliar ship type. And some of them may be condescending flaming rectal openings toward you.

I'm not one of those people; I think a player has (and ought to have) liberty to chose what his/her interests and budget support.

That having been said, their advice is not particularly bad. Unless you are a natural, your performance (and your teams' performances) will suffer by taking on a high tier ship as a new player. And unless you're thick-skinned against insults and resilient in the face of defeat (and you'll earn both insults and defeat), it'll frustrate you and maybe even make you drop a game you might otherwise enjoy.

I was one of those guys who jumped in like that. Bought a Prinz Eugen on Day 1. That was a bad deal. My prescription for that was to pick up the Tirpitz in a week. That wasn't a whole lot better. Fortunately for me, I had the thick-skinned and resilient part of it down.

So, do whatever floats your boat; but if you can, start out by floating a smartly chosen boat.

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
136 posts
5,040 battles
21 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

OK, Marius,

Some folks will likely come along and tell you not to buy a premium ship that is above your current highest tier, or of an unfamiliar ship type. And some of them may be condescending flaming rectal openings toward you.

I'm not one of those people; I think a player has (and ought to have) liberty to chose what his/her interests and budget support.

That having been said, their advice is not particularly bad. Unless you are a natural, your performance (and your teams' performances) will suffer by taking on a high tier ship as a new player. And unless you're thick-skinned against insults and resilient in the face of defeat (and you'll earn both insults and defeat), it'll frustrate you and maybe even make you drop a game you might otherwise enjoy.

I was one of those guys who jumped in like that. Bought a Prinz Eugen on Day 1. That was a bad deal. My prescription for that was to pick up the Tirpitz in a week. That wasn't a whole lot better. Fortunately for me, I had the thick-skinned and resilient part of it down.

So, do whatever floats your boat; but if you can, start out by floating a smartly chosen boat.

Some of the best advice you'll get about purchasing premiums ships^^. Take note and heed it.

[1230]
Members
19 posts
2,533 battles

hOW DO YOU LOCK YOUR GUNS IN PLACE TO LOOK AROUND, THEN UNLOCK THEM. aLSO WHAT DOES REDISTRIBUTE MEAN FOR THE cOMMANDERS?

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Caps lock?

Control+X to lock them, X to unlock them.

Or, hold down the right-mouse button and move the mouse in the desired direction you'd like to see, then release the right-mouse button to return to your guns.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rpkscout1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles

Redistribute is when you can re-do the skills your commander has.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,041 posts

I recommend you review the new player guides. They will answer most of your questions if you trouble yourself to look.

Also, if you can refrain from posting questions in the guides section, it will be easier for folk to find things in the guides section. The general discussion forum is an excellent place for questions.

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,271 battles
On 7/16/2018 at 7:06 PM, Marius_60 said:

hOW DOES ONE LOCK HIS GUNS IN PLACE TO LOOK AROUND THEN UNLOCK THEM?

You can press and hold your right mouse button and then swivel your mouse around to use the "Free View" function and just let go to be back in the regular view.

Sign in to follow this