You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

A sad day when you play the best you can and dont even get a win

48 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Sad when you dont get a win I mean I played the best that I could...  UGH it's just aggravating.

shot-18.07.16_15.57.21-0921.jpg

shot-18.07.16_15.58.41-0750.jpg

• Boring 1

[RKN]
Members
1,425 posts
12,234 battles

Although it's clear your best is still not great and you can always improve, this is the reason I uninstalled.

I got tired of my division killing 10 ships between us and having my team still manage to lose. I mean, I have a game where I sunk 9 ships myself AND MY TEAM STILL LOST.

WG have done a great job of nullifying the positive effects one person can have on the game, so that bad players still feel valued and can spend money. 

Edited by NotoriousRNG
  • Funny 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
259 posts
3,201 battles

Yeah I had to quit today. Picked up the Warspite on sale and lost 4 out of 5 games...

[VFW]
Members
942 posts
21,284 battles

Understandable....but your game isn't anywhere close to others disappointments.   There is a big difference in carrying a team verses trying to carrying a lost cause...just do your best and move on.

VR,

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

This is the reason I uninstalled. I got tired of my division killing 10 ships between us and having my team still manage to lose. WG have done a great job of nullifying the positive effects one person can have on the game, so that bad players still feel valued.

That was no reason to uninstall the game.  Yea I get mad but I've never uninstalled.  I just take long breaks.

1 minute ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Yeah I had to quit today. Picked up the Warspite on sale and lost 4 out of 5 games...

Lol Warspite, I got that in a santa crate and still have yet to play it.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, TexJapan said:

Understandable....but your game isn't anywhere close to others disappointments.   There is a big difference in carrying a team verses trying to carrying a lost cause...just do your best and move on.

VR,

The sad thing is I wasn't even trying to carry.  I was just doing my own thing.  I even have the chat box completely disabled so I don't have to listen to the toxic gas when it comes.  I've been playing all day lol I just deal with it.  This is why I quit caring about my statistics.

[VFW]
Members
942 posts
21,284 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

The sad thing is I wasn't even trying to carry.  I was just doing my own thing.  I even have the chat box completely disabled so I don't have to listen to the toxic gas when it comes.  I've been playing all day lol I just deal with it.  This is why I quit caring about my statistics.

So, two points.   You cut yourself off of info...it's salty sometimes, but sometimes there's good info in chat.  2...not caring about your stats...so how do you track your progress to improve your game...and I'm not talking about Win rate....stats on accuracy, capture/defend, avg damage and the most important...AVG XP.    These stats help you in determining if you're really helping a team or just being carried.

vr,

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

So, two points.   You cut yourself off of info...it's salty sometimes, but sometimes there's good info in chat.  2...not caring about your stats...so how do you track your progress to improve your game...and I'm not talking about Win rate....stats on accuracy, capture/defend, avg damage and the most important...AVG XP.    These stats help you in determining if you're really helping a team or just being carried.

vr,

I actually find that I do better at the game with no chat box.  The chat box for me is just a huge distraction.  I generally tend to go where the rest of the team is going unless its a Domination.  I can usually see what everybody else is doing.  Plus having chat box disabled is helping and preventing me from being a complete ***** back at the player being toxic.  Just better for me to avoid that all together lol.

Edited by torpsRus

[VFW]
Members
942 posts
21,284 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

I actually find that I do better at the game with no chat box.  The chat box for me is just a huge distraction.  I generally tend to go where the rest of the team is going unless its a Domination.  I can usually see what everybody else is doing.  

Not trying to be disrespectful, but that is call LEMMING...not a good tactic and usually leads to loses.   There is a huge difference in moving to the objective with some, and moving with the herd to oblivion and shame.

VR,

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,805 battles
18 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Sad when you dont get a win I mean I played the best that I could...  UGH it's just aggravating.

shot-18.07.16_15.57.21-0921.jpg

shot-18.07.16_15.58.41-0750.jpg

It is not damage done or the best that you can do. It is capped points to win the game you only had one assisted cap. See you can farm damage all day long and only get two kills and still lose.

• Cool 4

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It is capped points to win the game you only had one assisted cap

I was one of 4 dds that match, the other dds could have capped but a dd player can't always rush in and cap a point.  I wont always want to rush into an immediate death.  Then that would be no good.  If I feel I can cap and get away with it then yes I'll cap if not then I'm out.

Members
821 posts
6,190 battles
20 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

try losing multiple games in which your base exp is higher than the all but 3 best players on the other team....then come here and cry

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, _Dracarys said:

try losing multiple games in which your base exp is higher than the all but 3 best players on the other team....then come here and cry

Had that happen too on a couple of occasions but not in a destroyer.

Members
763 posts
15,866 battles

I understand...

But in Tier 1 a single player CAN make a difference...

Edited by theLaalaa

[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,774 battles

it's just one game, ive had a 4 losing streak in cleveland and none of the games were less than 100k dmg

things happen, just carry harder next time

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,057 posts
13,870 battles
15 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

Yup.

lol.JPG

• Bad 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
442 posts
18,784 battles

I expected bigger numbers to be honest. Here is what my best usually looks like. 

20180714_144706.jpg

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
442 posts
18,784 battles
19 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Yup.

lol.JPG

your not supposed to show the names Spuds. Gonna have to bust you down to a private now...KP duty for 2 weeks!

[EQRN]
Members
346 posts
8,987 battles

What’s wrong with finishing top on a losing team?  Would you prefer to rank lower in a loss?  I take issue with the title as well, I go into *every* match planning doing my best, with no expectation or sense of entitlement that I will win any match given my efforts.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
296 posts
9,546 battles

Have to balance games like this with the ones where you did something stupid, got deleted early, & rage quit to port only to find out later your team won...

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,414 posts
4,302 battles

Since the end of the Indianapolis marathon, I've stopped worrying about lost games (and when I had "any number of battles" tasks, I also didn't care). All I care about is whether I feel happy with the performance I put in.

My main gripe is when I sink two or three ships and my team gets wiped out and I say to myself, "If an incompetent potato like me can take two ships down with him, why couldn't the rest of us? That would have won it!"

• Cool 2

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,473 battles
13 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

Or how about when its the highest? Yeah thats irritating, I recently had a match where I carried as hard as I could but we still lost. I sank 2 of the enemy DDs early game & lit up the 3rd one badly, he was avoiding me (lower detection) the rest of the match & counter caping points I took. The main problem I think was my team was trying so hard not to die (hiding/kiting) that they failed to do any meaningful good in the match. The simple reality is, if you play to lose (hiding/kiting) you will seldom be disappointed. In order to do damage you have to be willing to take it. 

tryhard.jpg

shot-18.06.29_23.36.28-0150_1530336788.j

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
13 hours ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I expected bigger numbers to be honest. Here is what my best usually looks like. 

20180714_144706.jpg

Cool, but how many 200K games do you have that were losses? I have 19 200K losses in Hindenburg alone. It's the HC Conf and Kraken that were the big deal. If Red is Dead they lose. My 200K losses boiled down to two things.

1. My team really sucked and dealt minimal damage before dying a potatoes death.

2. I was able to farm the reds but there collective HP was just too much.

• Cool 1