ShazbotUSA

Unreasonable penalties on game crash

19 comments in this topic

[MILF]
Members
6 posts
1,495 battles

I find it completely ridiculous that support will not look into a problem where the game crashes repeatedly and I GET PENALIZED for the crash .. 1st time "3 game penalty" 2nd crash on same day "9 game penalty" ... Here is an idea FIX THE GAME.  I have even offered up a dump file of the crash -- but I guess this game dev team would rather start getting a bad rap for crappy code and support???

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[MILF]
Members
6 posts
1,495 battles

NOW 10 game penalty... makes me think this game is not worth the headache

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles

Have you submitted a Support ticket to get help in troubleshooting the crashes (not about challenging the automated penalty system)?  do you run mods?  Have you tried running the game in Safe Mode?  Have you done an Integrity Check?  If you haven't contacted Support, it is difficult for WG to help you with fixing the issue...

[MILF]
Members
6 posts
1,495 battles

I have opened two tickets now with support - yes I offered dump file and they closed the first one w/o help

No mods

Did full reset of the game and even uninstall/reinstall.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
24 minutes ago, ShazbotUSA said:

I have opened two tickets now with support - yes I offered dump file and they closed the first one w/o help

No mods

I have a clan mate who suddenly had a client crash problem from out of the blue.  He ended up replacing his power supply and the problem went away.  Sometimes the problem isn't in the game client.  Sometimes, it's a conflicting software problem or a hardware problem.

I recently had a low FPS problem that turned out to be caused by some external conflict with another app that's running in the background.  I only discovered it by doing a "clean restart" (which is turning off all of the start up apps, except for the Microsoft ones).  This fixed the problem, though I haven't taken the time to try to figure out which start up app caused the problem.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
546 posts
5,936 battles
1 hour ago, ShazbotUSA said:

I find it completely ridiculous that support will not look into a problem where the game crashes repeatedly and I GET PENALIZED for the crash .. 1st time "3 game penalty" 2nd crash on same day "9 game penalty" ... Here is an idea FIX THE GAME.  I have even offered up a dump file of the crash -- but I guess this game dev team would rather start getting a bad rap for crappy code and support???

It's not the game, it's your computer. Something is wrong on your end. 

• Cool 2

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
14 hours ago, ShazbotUSA said:

No mods

If you submit one ticket please wait for answer. Because every addition or following ticket transfers the first to the end of the queue. 

[BTLST]
Members
8 posts
3,905 battles
20 hours ago, ShazbotUSA said:

I had the same problem but I think it was my connection.  I switched to a faster internet connection and resolved the problem.  Well almost.  Is this a common problem with  many of us?

Insert other media.url

[OGF]
Members
7 posts
17,206 battles

Twice now my internet connection dropped me out of game. Once the internet came back up I was slapped with a 3 game penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. At no fault of mine I am punished for my internet dropping me from the game. No other game has this kinda punishment for a player's internet going down of unknown reasons. Normally I can reconnect and get back in the game, but twice I missed finishing the game,

Edited by hornyhamster

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
361 posts
6,819 battles

Have you tried simply "reconnecting"? Just because you got dropped doesn't mean that you can't load the game back up. I get dropped from time to time (sometimes multiple times in a single game), still no pink status for having abandoned a game.

If your game crashes or freezes, Ctrl+alt+Del and bring up the task menu to stop the program (if it freezes up), then start it back up. Login and it will reconnect you back to the last battle you were in, if it's still going.

Obviously, this process shouldn't take more than a couple minutes tops and the only time you should be pinked is if you don't attempt to reconnect.

If you were disconnected in the middle of a match and you've actually done something (anything), you are safe as long as you end up dead soon after. IF you lose connection early on and don't log back in, then you are pinked for obvious reasons. If you are disconnected midway through the battle and haven't done much and you don't log back in, you are pinked for obvious reasons. Basically, you have 10 minutes out of 20 that you'd better be active. Even better for your case if the game lasts less than 10 minutes as it's even less likely that you will be flagged as long as you have moved from your starting position. If you cannot reconnect in 10 minutes, your service provider probably has more to do with it than WG.

If it takes you more than 5 minutes to reconnect, that's odd (satellite connection has no problem getting back into a game in 5 minutes assuming it isn't completely blocked by weather). If it takes you more than 10 minutes, you might want to find a better provider or there is something going on that probably has nothing to do with WG.

[OGF]
Members
7 posts
17,206 battles

Levits,

Reconnecting.... wow I didn't think of that. When I was disconnected from the game and every internet based device in my house stopped working I naturally thought I was supposed to just sit there with eyes wide open at the screen. So, for 20 min waiting for the game to reconnect itself I decided to surf the internet but my browser would not display anything and I thought that was odd. I then turned to my Echo dot and asked " Echo! how long do I have to wait to get back in the game?", but she kept telling me she was having a hard time connecting to the internet. I just could not figure it out. I then brought out my lucky chicken bones and was hoping they would tell me. But again I had no help. The Russians!!!! Yes, it was collusion that caused all this. Damn you Trump!!!!!!! Your fault. So with my box of tissues and my bottom lip pouting, I was off to my Safe Place when I noticed the modem lights telling me the internet was up. To answer your silly answer to my internet dropping off with my silly reply that I should have just tried to reconnect is extremely amusing. For most of us the internet does go down from time to time. Why did it go off line, I don't know. Maybe they had to do some quick maintenance and taking it down for less than 30 min in the noon time was ok with them. Sure I tried to reconnect to the game and did all the other things with the modem and router when the internet goes down. I didn't ask for help because there was nothing anyone could do. I was venting that WG punished me for my ISP disconnecting me from the internet. I think their answer to punish players that get up and leave during a game is going at it the wrong way and they need to figure out some other action. Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I was having thinking it up.

Edited by hornyhamster

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,883 posts
12,627 battles

@ShazbotUSA Get your compu and or internet connection equipment fixed or get a better ISP. Since continuing to complain does nothing to correct your problem. I seriously doubt the problem is on WGs end. It could be a failure anywhere between your compu and the server but the cause is most likely on your end! Mine was and Customer Support helped make it better! In fact I haven't had a single disconnect today and I have been on since about 2 am cdt. Almost 16 hours.

Carry on!

[YEH]
Members
3 posts
6,487 battles

I find it funny if someone runs into my torpedoes I get penalized ok maybe not that one But if someone rams me and not even a ram, more like a bump I get penalized. I got a two game penalty for two torpedoes and one for the bump. The in port notice said it was for unsportsmanlike conduct and for leaving the battle early.   I call P.S. Talk about powder puffing a  game .  Whats next bubble wrap?

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
7 posts
15,117 battles

What kind of crap is this? I was disconnected, at battle start by YOUR server, tried three times to get back in, no way. I finally get back & i'm pink for leaving the game. This is total bullcrap & totally wrong to penalize the player for your equipment failure. 

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,883 posts
12,627 battles

@Brychen Brother Grey Beard it has been a long time! I didn't have access to my compu for a year due to some health problems and accommodation changes! I am now a permanent nursing home resident by choice and man I was so glad to my lap top back this may! Hope to see you in game soon. I am still in Memphis on central time so hit me up to division sometime I now have US BBs and CAs to tier 10 and US CVs to tier 8!

In any case you can email me Captmuddxx@Live.com

Members
150 posts
10 battles
On 7/17/2018 at 9:10 AM, turbo07 said:

If you submit one ticket please wait for answer. Because every addition or following ticket transfers the first to the end of the queue. 

Or the auto ban system could be gotten rid of and a stable client could be released for once. Seems to be an on going issue with many people.

[PVE]
Members
195 posts
5,297 battles
6 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

Or the auto ban system could be gotten rid of and a stable client could be released for once. Seems to be an on going issue with many people.

I've had 1 disconnect since the introduction of the 'pink for disconnect' , and I reconnected and didnt get pink. From my pov things look perfectly stable.

• Cool 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
10 hours ago, evanr1940 said:

I've had 1 disconnect since the introduction of the 'pink for disconnect' , and I reconnected and didnt get pink. From my pov things look perfectly stable.

good for you

Members
4 posts
18,907 battles

After recent Win10 update my comp shuts down by itself. Several times at midgame. It's apparently MS bug, but why should be punished for their faults?? I'm tired to be punished for something I have no control of. Before I also was "pinked" for ISP disconnect. You guys should set up some protocol to distinguish a person who leaves a battle on his own will, or his system just malfunctioned. Or get rid of this punishment completely.