You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

34 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
31 posts

@WarGamming

Anyone know how to reach out and report player who grief another when they are pink? I always seem to come across at least on [edited] that just side swipes a pink player the whole match. Not only making themselves useless but also racking up extra pink time for the poor SOB who happen to pull that guy. Big surprise he is doing this kind of crap. I have screenshots but not a lot of hope WG does anything about this, but maybe I guess. 

Any info is appreciated, as I think to improve the game we should get these players out of there.

Edited by Galvanic_

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles

You can submit tickets to support, but I would removed the jerks name from your post as you will be punished for naming and shaming.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
3 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

@WarGamming

Anyone know how to reach out and report player who grief another when they are pink? I always seem to come across at least on [edited] that just side swipes a pink player the whole match. Not only making themselves useless but also racking up extra pink time for the poor SOB who happen to pull that guy

The particular, butt hole I am talking about is named: [JOHN] Atleast_Im_not_pink. Big surprise he is doing this kind of crap. I have screenshots but not a lot of hope WG does anything about this, but maybe I guess. 

Any info is appreciated, as I think to improve the game we should get these players out of there.

One of the BIG reasons when I go pink I  immediately go to Tier One Co Op till I ain't

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
10 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

@WarGamming

Anyone know how to reach out and report player who grief another when they are pink? I always seem to come across at least on [edited] that just side swipes a pink player the whole match. Not only making themselves useless but also racking up extra pink time for the poor SOB who happen to pull that guy. Big surprise he is doing this kind of crap. I have screenshots but not a lot of hope WG does anything about this, but maybe I guess. 

This here.  Make sure you have a replay or some sort of proof of said griefer.

Capture.PNG

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles
12 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

@WarGamming

Don't report it. They call it "naming and shaming". The auto pilot system exists because they don't care and will say it is "working as intended".
Some people do it because in tanks a TK'er turns a different color like the pinkies and you can kill them freely without penalty.

9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

One of the BIG reasons when I go pink I  immediately go to Tier One Co Op till I ain't

Shadow has the right idea!! Same here mate only I use my Prinz Eugin  with a 19 point Capt. So I cash and cxp farm.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
25 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Don't report it. They call it "naming and shaming". The auto pilot system exists because they don't care and will say it is "working as intended".
Some people do it because in tanks a TK'er turns a different color like the pinkies and you can kill them freely without penalty.

Shadow has the right idea!! Same here mate only I use my Prinz Eugin  with a 19 point Capt. So I cash and cxp farm.

They don't want people reporting incidental/accidental events but what the OP describes is exactly what should be reported. He will need the replay to do this.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,725 battles
16 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

They don't want people reporting incidental/accidental events but what the OP describes is exactly what should be reported. He will need the replay to do this.

They won't do anything. The system is entirely automated. A complete waste of time.

WG very obviously wants griefing and TKing and team damage, which is why they have never done the sensible thing and removed all that. Sad, one of the many ways in which decisions by WG reduce playability and chase off people who might otherwise stay. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[MWM]
Supertester
277 posts
4,581 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

They won't do anything. The system is entirely automated. A complete waste of time.

WG very obviously wants griefing and TKing and team damage, which is why they have never done the sensible thing and removed all that. Sad, one of the many ways in which decisions by WG reduce playability and chase off people who might otherwise stay. 

They do care and they do look into the problem, they will not tell anyone what action was taken against an account. Now you know.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
1 minute ago, fang_cloudeye said:

Now you know.

[MWM]
Supertester
277 posts
4,581 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

are you old enough to remember when that was first run on TV ? Back in the 3 channel days.

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,725 battles
15 hours ago, fang_cloudeye said:

They do care and they do look into the problem, they will not tell anyone what action was taken against an account. Now you know.

@fang_cloudeye, if WG cared, there would be no team damage at all. But they keep it in the game, even though it has already been removed from operations. If you have the power to change something but don't, it is because you want it that way. It's really that simple. 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts

why does a TK has to be shown in pink anyhow? 

what does it accomplishs

nothing

the TK knows hes under penalty thats all thats needed

remove that silly pink player thing problem solve

otherwise its just bait for trolls like the OP is saying

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,059 posts
9,376 battles

Try and not lump all Pink players into the TK column... some its just bad luck or their teammates doing dumb stuff that turns them pink.  I have had good amount of pink players carrying teams....

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles
7 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

@fang_cloudeye, if WG cared, there would be no team damage at all. But they keep it in the game, even though it has already been removed from operations. If you have the power to change something but don't, it is because you want it that way. It's really that simple. 

That actually makes no sense to me to say there would be no team damage if they cared, seems the opposite to me.  Last thing I want is to be spam torped and fired on continuously by enemies that don't have to worry about hitting team mates.  Since I turn pink about every 750 battles, or so (and they are always due to a poor choice on my part) I have no issue with the protection that team damage affords me.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,286 posts
8,912 battles
1 hour ago, Galvanic_ said:

@WarGamming

All you have to do is play two CO-op games and the pink will go away. Also, the odds of running into that player again are slim. I only very occasionally see anyone from the forums in the game. 

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
18 minutes ago, fang_cloudeye said:

are you old enough to remember when that was first run on TV ? Back in the 3 channel days.

Oh yeah. I watched Star Blazers, Ultraman, Gi Joe, Battle of the Planets. Yeah, all the silly cartoons. Star Blazers was by far my favorite as it was a serial story line that I like better than any of the others.

[MWM]
Supertester
277 posts
4,581 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah. I watched Star Blazers, Ultraman, Gi Joe, Battle of the Planets. Yeah, all the silly cartoons. Star Blazers was by far my favorite as it was a serial story line that I like better than any of the others.

I still have many of them on DVD, along with many obscure old series. Classics never grow old, unlike the poorly done stuff you get today.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles
1 hour ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Don't report it.

Hell yes, report it.  Do it in the karma system Report->Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

You can also file a ticket, but be aware of two things.  First, a single instance does not a pattern make.  You will have to document at least two and preferable more occasions where the guy has done it, blatantly.  Second, you will never know if your report was effective or just thrown in the round file. 

Turn on Replays.

• Bad 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I watched  Astro Boy,Giant Robot  in the  60's  and later Kimba the White Lion,8 Man  and more than a few others Ahhh those were the days:cap_old:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[SALVO]
Members
17,071 posts
17,737 battles
29 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

No, the solution to the OP's problem isn't removing  all team damage.  The proper solution would be to remove friendly RAM damage, at least when a pink player is involved.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

No, the solution to the OP's problem isn't removing  all team damage.  The proper solution would be to remove friendly RAM damage, at least when a pink player is involved.

I  LIKE  that!:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[MWM]
Supertester
277 posts
4,581 battles
15 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

That actually makes no sense to me to say there would be no team damage if they cared, seems the opposite to me.  Last thing I want is to be spam torped and fired on continuously by enemies that don't have to worry about hitting team mates.  Since I turn pink about every 750 battles, or so (and they are always due to a poor choice on my part) I have no issue with the protection that team damage affords me.

Team damage is a factor in battle and it is something you must work with. I have used my DD's to move into an enemy formation and watched them torp each other to death while trying to get me. You have to learn to use that to your advantage when you can. The other thing is that team damage keeps people from just spamming torps and gun fire in some vain attempt to do damage, use skill rather than pull the trigger and hope for the best.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
44 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

When it is that egregious they will.

[SALVO]
Members
17,071 posts
17,737 battles
20 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I agree 100%, ExploratorOne.  I was in a operation where some teammates were constantly shooting at each other, because they could not damage each other nor get punished for it.  It was monstrously annoying.

Team damage should remain, but the solution to the OP's griefing problem is to simply remove friendly ramming damage.  Problem solved.