Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

This have relevance here ( and is funny )

14 comments in this topic

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Nothing wrong with a lemmings train. The real issue is actually pushing, once that momentum is gone, the train is stopped. No one commits so it fails.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ZR]
Members
960 posts
11,286 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

Nothing wrong with a lemmings train. The real issue is actually pushing, once that momentum is gone, the train is stopped. No one commits so it fails.

Actually there is a lot wrong with it.  Its giving up majority objective control and confining all your firepower to one area preventing you from using effective crossfire.  Plus if you push into ships that are really good at defensive combat you are most likely going to take more casualties than you inflict.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
10 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Actually there is a lot wrong with it.  Its giving up majority objective control and confining all your firepower to one area preventing you from using effective crossfire.  Plus if you push into ships that are really good at defensive combat you are most likely going to take more casualties than you inflict.

Lemming Trains can go multiple way. I overall hate lemmings train and will always prefer to split up our forces. Problem with that is people don't listen. So if we are gonna lemmings, we all gotta push hard and fast and take the hits because the moment someone stops, the battle is lost. Most lemmings will lose their momentum and end up getting capped and pushed back. That is what I believe.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,179 posts
11,693 battles
12 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

it depends on where the train goes.  Usually, if they move towards the middle of the map or keep moving it works.  Unfortunately, most of the time they will head to a flank, then set up shop and stay there.

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,725 battles
On 7/16/2018 at 2:04 PM, Vangm94 said:

Lot of people dont get that. The idea of "train" is more important than "lemming". 

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles
15 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Agreed.  I've been on plenty of winning Lemming teams.  They just need to hit a cap hard, win it, and push to the next cap.  

The main problem is passive Lemming trains.  If you have 10 ships around a cap you'd better take it quickly.  

[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts

The reason players "lemming" is not to focus fire power or get strategic momentum.  The reason is that most of them are 45%ers and they think there is safety in numbers.  So they look at the minimap for the first player to indicate a direction and they huddle up with them for safety.

Later they find out that first player is as clueless as they are, but by then it is too late.  Unless the other team is just as bad, in which case the match goes the full 20 and it's 6 to 5 and pick 'em.

Members
18,251 posts
5,219 battles
14 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

True, but if your team is made up of players who only understand every third word of what you said above, concentrated brute force is probably the best way to go. Your team doesn't have to be confined to one area to prevent effective crossfire.

As far as taking more casualties than you inflict, again, depending on the skill level of the players, you might lose more fighting piecemeal.

[WOLF2]
Members
891 posts
7,244 battles
14 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Lemming Trains can go multiple way. I overall hate lemmings train and will always prefer to split up our forces. Problem with that is people don't listen. So if we are gonna lemmings, we all gotta push hard and fast and take the hits because the moment someone stops, the battle is lost. Most lemmings will lose their momentum and end up getting capped and pushed back. That is what I believe.

Yeah.... the best you can do is encourage the train to keep moving.     I'm usually the guy that gets placed on the far outskirts.    I could join the train, but it'll leave the flank fully open for the reds.    So, generally, me and another ship (or two) take up blocking duties.    

And the whole match is kiting, with priority target showing six.       

Lemming train rounds the corner on the other side..... and..... stops.      

I may work on anticipating the stop, and encouraging them to keep moving.    Let them know I'm kiting half the team, and they're clear sailing to the next objective.

Probably won't work... but it's worth trying.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

Trains works as often as they fail, no different than splitting evenly. It still comes down to which side has more players that know how to put out more damage than they take.

The mind only remembers when it fails and discredits/forgets when it works.

[H_]
Members
796 posts

"people don't listen?"   Maybe, that's because this is a First Person Shooter (FPS).  They don't have to listen......  First is "I" not "we"....  that's issue one.  Following is a group behavior and makes for a target rich environment in game FPS's....  Have you ever played a "military only team?"   A team that trains, communicates and has a "reason for everything it does?"  I'd bet you, you wouldn't have a lick of fun fighting against them......  I've actually done this in another game and there was a lot of hate mail after a week of those efforts because Lemming trains can and sometimes do have tactical value.....  Some games call this NASCAR'ing..... 

Ever see all 12 ships move as a single unit?  Focus fire on a single target?  Work in actual role based formations?  Actually coordinate CV and radar deployments and have hunter-killer teams?   Some of us have "done this kinda of stuff for a living......"  Trust me: you don't want real.  Have fun with Lemmings and do what you can and most of all:  HAVE FUN !

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
14 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

"people don't listen?"   Maybe, that's because this is a First Person Shooter (FPS).  They don't have to listen......  First is "I" not "we"....  that's issue one.  Following is a group behavior and makes for a target rich environment in game FPS's....  Have you ever played a "military only team?"   A team that trains, communicates and has a "reason for everything it does?"  I'd bet you, you wouldn't have a lick of fun fighting against them......  I've actually done this in another game and there was a lot of hate mail after a week of those efforts because Lemming trains can and sometimes do have tactical value.....  Some games call this NASCAR'ing..... 

Ever see all 12 ships move as a single unit?  Focus fire on a single target?  Work in actual role based formations?  Actually coordinate CV and radar deployments and have hunter-killer teams?   Some of us have "done this kinda of stuff for a living......"  Trust me: you don't want real.  Have fun with Lemmings and do what you can and most of all:  HAVE FUN !

I'm the CV. I have eyes on the enemy, I am attacking the enemy. I can do almost anything and everything. Whether my team wants to follow my orders... advise is up to them. I will always say what is on my mind because I can see the whole map. I get teams that take my advise, I get teams that just die despite knowing it. It can't be helped if no one wants to listen. If they do, great.

Sign in to follow this