You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yakuza137

CV COMPLAINT.

43 comments in this topic

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles

UPDATE: The main point of this is to bring that a few of us remaining cv players hate the complainers who made this rework happen. Though I'm pleased to see that we might get a refund if we don't like the cv gameplay. As well as all of these ships after rework will have their AA values checked and subject to change if necessary to make it balanced. :D

PS:

The announcement REWORK is hostile for current cv players and threatens our time and effort putting in perfecting manual drops that are THE ONLY way to actually do decently and have an effect on over powering potato AA ships.

A ship who strays and isolates himself or herself from the main fleet and gets torped by planes is his or her own fault and misfortune and deserves it!

Edited by Yakuza137
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles

Didn’t read anything but the title and last sentence... they have stated that due to the rework, all AA values and all skills and upgrades related to AA as well as ship values will be looked at to change.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,723 posts
9,112 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Wait for the REWORK

This.

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles

the announcement REWORK is hostile for current cv players and threatens our time and effort putting in perfecting manual drops that are THE ONLY way to actually do decently and have an effect on over powering potato AA ships. 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
8 minutes ago, Yakuza137 said:

It's obvious at this time that cruisers are way too op on AA I can provide video gameplay of this as well. Was in a few games with basically everyone in a CA and it makes it way unbalanced and unplayable. Considering most of us CV players check the stats at the VERY START of the game where you can compare each ship wich each other and see who has an AA spec ships.  I got assaulted by verbal words by almost my entire team even tho I WAS covering for my DDS with fighters while holding back my strike force t10 hakuryu. The fact whiners want to nerf cv because they are too op obviously have NEVER played CV in their life or enough to make a decision and joined this trash band wagon. So as long as the player has the brains to actually know how to play and use the support of other cruisers around them for support they wouldn't even be touched by a cv in the FIRST PLACE. The fact the player gets bombed and torped by a cv is because his own mistake to stray from the main force. LIKEWISE WHEN A BB PLAYER GOES FULL BROADSIDES AND GETS CIT HITS ON HIMSELF for that mistake as an example. 

For pete sakes i hope this a DOABLE Rework. Honestly, Limited flight time makes it more unfair for the CV player then it is already. You have ships that can decimate a plane group if it even touches the area of affect of a AA ship or by a fighter plane strafe. The people who whine about a cv deleting a ship is because THAT SHIP CHOSE to stray from the main force if you make a mistake you pay the price as with any ship and against any ship. 

Do the rework, but you will also have to nerf AA entirely as well.

Nope Nope AA is just fine the way it is.  Quit crying about it it's not even close to OP.  Learn how to play carriers correctly or dont play them.  Problem solved.  

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Hi Yakuza from Port Chat?

Both sides are gonna complain so it can't be helped. What I noticed when I finally replayed Lex and rebought Essex is that nowadays CVs just snipe each other. I had 5-6 games where I was sniped by the enemy CV. I also noticed how useless it is for me to even attempt to attack some groups of ships  (3 ships) because they can't even reach them. It can't be helped because either the CV is too OP or the AA is too OP. Whether they fix this or not, the CV will still be too OP and the AA  is still too OP. It can't be helped. I ended up placing Lex and Kaga into drydock and selling Essex. Gonna stick with my only girl, Ryujo. She is what I learned CVs on, she is my best ship, she is always good to me.

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles

Then Cv is pretty much fine how it is I'm saying why people cry about CV airpower when they can obviously get untouched by it if they play smart lol

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, Yakuza137 said:

Then Cv is pretty much fine how it is I'm saying why people cry about CV airpower when they can obviously get untouched by it if they play smart lol

It can't be helped.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,225 posts
14,647 battles

I'm loathe to the idea of a widespread AA nerf when you got a good amount of ships with Terrible AA.  Cruisers are the best AA boats and even then, only specific ones are good in that capacity.  Tell German BB players what they think of an AA nerf, see what they say.

While I'm sure it's no fun playing a CV when you see something like:

Montana x1

Iowa x1

Missouri x2

Worcester x1

DM x1

Cleveland x2

On the same team, I will say to you the same thing I've said to DD players complaining about Radar Cruisers.  It's a passing fad.  The USN Cruiser Split just completed and people are trying new ships out.  It'll settle down given time.  It's not staying like this at all.  There are times when certain new ship lines look like they'll dominate the populations, but they don't for long.

There was a time when it did look like German Battleships had taken over the game at every possible BB tier, but even that settled down, and BBs are popular boats.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles

It's not about that is just unfair their has to be a rework on cv. The fact we have to suffer for this from potato's who can't effectively plan things head and use obvious support around them is unfathomable and we have to pay the price for their stupidity.

Edited by Yakuza137
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,723 posts
9,112 battles
Just now, Yakuza137 said:

the announcement REWORK is hostile for current cv players and threatens our time and effort putting in perfecting manual drops that are THE ONLY way to actually do decently and have an effect on over powering potato AA ships. 

CV's broken and are too niche with extreme micro managing for more than a tiny fraction of the player base to do well with. They are dying as fewer and fewer new players stick with them and older players either leave the game or simply give them up because getting a match in the upper tiers is hit and miss and causes que dumps which are rarely fun for anyone. It was rework or remove them. The hope with the revamp is more players will be playing them after than before. The current top CV players will continue to be the top CV players if the stick around after the revamp hits.

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,398 battles

You can have some rough games, but for the most part as long as you play smart you can avoid AA. Sometimes I wait a good 5 minutes for the enemy team to spread out a bit before striking. Is it inconvenient? Sure, but I'm still scouting for my team and keeping my planes alive.

[LUCK]
Members
1,319 posts
19,712 battles
11 minutes ago, Yakuza137 said:

I recall WG saying you'll be able to get a refund for current CVs if you don't like CV play after the rework.

Hey, it might be better....it might be worse, we just have to wait.

Is AA overpowered, yes but that is to counteract the potential of CVs running roughshod over everything. And that can and still does happen.

• Cool 1

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles
Just now, Wye_So_Serious said:

I recall WG saying you'll be able to get a refund for current CVs if you don't like CV play after the rework.

Hey, it might be better....it might be worse, we just have to wait.

Is AA overpowered, yes but that is to counteract the potential of CVs running roughshod over everything. And that can and still does happen.

Oh that makes me feel a lot better on that information thank you very much refund on cv play after rework would be a good return.

Members
3,825 posts
14,163 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm loathe to the idea of a widespread AA nerf when you got a good amount of ships with Terrible AA.  Cruisers are the best AA boats and even then, only specific ones are good in that capacity.  Tell German BB players what they think of an AA nerf, see what they say.

While I'm sure it's no fun playing a CV when you see something like:

Montana x1

Iowa x1

Missouri x2

Worcester x1

DM x1

Cleveland x2

On the same team, I will say to you the same thing I've said to DD players complaining about Radar Cruisers.  It's a passing fad.  The USN Cruiser Split just completed and people are trying new ships out.  It'll settle down given time.  It's not staying like this at all.  There are times when certain new ship lines look like they'll dominate the populations, but they don't for long.

On the flip side it's no fun seeing a CV when driving ships with little to no AA either.

• Cool 1

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,315 battles

I find AA to be a generally self limiting problem, because as long as your team has at least parity in botes afloat, there can be sufficient HE spam to neutralize the AA mounts and let you do some torp runs.

Until then just spot and screen for your low AA greens.

> but what if your team is potato and doesn't HE spam enough

First, lol not enough HE spam.

Second, if they can't be bothered to HE spam then it's their fault you can't provide strikes.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,066 posts
9,406 battles

I find any ship unless absolutely surrounded by other AA ships will be sunk or badly mauled by a T10 CV strike, I don't care what their AA is, unless the CV player is incompetent.  Scouting and DD killing is always an option until the AA CAs are thinned out, and they will be.....just a matter of some citadels!

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,700 battles

Sorry, CV players do not get to complain. You guys are at the top of the food chain as shown by stats, regardless of the actual game experience. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,723 posts
9,112 battles
25 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Sorry, CV players do not get to complain. You guys are at the top of the food chain as shown by stats, regardless of the actual game experience. 

It isn't that they don't get to complain but there are not going to be any more changes to the current CV's since the CV revamp is in the works. They are just going to have to tough it out until then.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

Imagine you are a DD in a high tier game OP. Not many DDs have the benefit of DFAA to panic the drop. You want to help your team by capping, torping and spotting. 

You move therefore to a cap in order to start contesting it and help win. Then, torp bombers pop up. You can smoke up, but people at these tiers can blindtorp without much trouble. You can try evading of course, but chances are you will get crossdropped.

You have a class that is supposed to range ahead of the main force, yet get completely hard countered.

Is that fair? 

And this brings us to the real issue. Your CV, provided he has a brain, will have scrambled fighters to cover you at least at first. However ending up with the skilled CV is a coin toss. This I believe to be the reason for the rework, the abyssal gap between a good and a bad CV player.

[NCBL]
Members
110 posts
3,756 battles

Calls players potatoes because they can't plan ahead, yet they plan ahead and spec AA to shoot down his sky cancer. However here you are complaining because you just target anything and everything instead of...wait for it... planning ahead and targeting weak AA ships. You seriously going to sit there and suggest even half of the teams you play against are THAT coordinated? Get out of here with that noise.

I feel like you're the type of player that just sends wave after wave after my AA fitted Missouri and is confused why none make it back.

Edited by EyelessCr0w

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Imagine you are a DD in a high tier game OP. Not many DDs have the benefit of DFAA to panic the drop. You want to help your team by capping, torping and spotting. 

You move therefore to a cap in order to start contesting it and help win. Then, torp bombers pop up. You can smoke up, but people at these tiers can blindtorp without much trouble. You can try evading of course, but chances are you will get crossdropped.

You have a class that is supposed to range ahead of the main force, yet get completely hard countered.

Is that fair? 

And this brings us to the real issue. Your CV, provided he has a brain, will have scrambled fighters to cover you at least at first. However ending up with the skilled CV is a coin toss. This I believe to be the reason for the rework, the abyssal gap between a good and a bad CV player.

But then again a skilled dd vs a less skilled dd is kind of the same the gap between that is abyssal too... The issue with AA is me as a cv player wanting a fair trade. We lose our efforts in perfecting manual and going around AA for whatever this rework is. Something should be done to the rest. Just because we are a small population doesn't mean we shouldn't be overlooked. I didn't type well enough but the main focus is what I wrote at the bottom of the thing. XD

Edited by Yakuza137

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
1,869 battles
1 hour ago, Yakuza137 said:

Good.  The manual drop torps and straffing are directly responsible for a portion of the broken state of CVs.