You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Summer Sale - What are you hoping for?

168 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,840 posts
4,731 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/saleboats/

So Captains, what are you hoping to see go on sale? We already have Warspite but here is to hoping they switch it up a bit.

Personally, I'm hoping to see either Kii and Abruzzi to go on sale....gotta get some of that sweet Axis love!

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

I feel happy with the premiums that I have (I'm hoping for Saipan but that won't happen), but I feel like Nueve de Julio might be released on the last day. WG have done things like that before, especially with the advent calendar in WoT. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,435 posts
3,373 battles

As a BB main, I already have all the BB's available for purchase in the shop, so nothing particular grabs my attention. 

That being said, I am getting used to the... taste of DD's, and for an unknown reason I'm kind of interested in Monaghan and Aigle. Maybe I'll grab either if they ever goes on 50% off sale... but then again, I could always just wait for T-61... ever so patiently. LOL. :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
Just now, CarbonButtprint said:

I feel happy with the premiums that I have (I'm hoping for Saipan but that won't happen), but I feel like Nueve de Julio might be released on the last day. WG have done things like that before, especially with the advent calendar in WoT. 

I seriously doubt they'll put a brand new premium ship, first of her national (or pan-national) line, out cheap.

Expect Indianapolis when the last of the missions involving or referencing her are done. That's my bet.

I already have the Graf Spee, but if they put the HSF version out at half price I'd be tempted to get her for the Free XP bonus she gives and to explore different commander builds in the same basic ship (as with the Tachi and Tachi Lima).

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This . . .

0xwDBR4.jpg

:Smile_great:'This Is"?:Smile_great:  I know it's an Aircraft  Carrier but which one?  the   Enterprise OR Graf Zeppelin  Perhaps or did you have another in mind?

Members
1 post
2,461 battles

The Tirpitz i have her sister ship but never picked up the Tirp.  I always purchase ships I missed out on the first time and then cam back around like Scharn.  That or the ALA or any of the Italian ships id like to see be on sale.

• Cool 1

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,933 battles

I didn't bother with the Aigle missions but the Kidd is making me a fan of big health pools on a DD....

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,459 battles

360days of premium

• Cool 4

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,302 battles

I'm hoping for Kaga and the HSF/AL Commander bundles to go back up.

But I'd be happy with just Kaga.

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
29 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

That being said, I am getting used to the... taste of DD's, and for an unknown reason I'm kind of interested in Monaghan and Aigle.

NO

NO
Stay away from Monoghan...it is a bad DD

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
8 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

NO

NO
Stay away from Monoghan...it is a bad DD

I have read she works as n OK  Premium Version of the Farragut  as long as you stay with the 1st hull not the upgrade hull/

• Cool 1

[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,349 battles
47 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

As a BB main, I already have all the BB's available for purchase in the shop, so nothing particular grabs my attention. 

That being said, I am getting used to the... taste of DD's, and for an unknown reason I'm kind of interested in Monaghan and Aigle. Maybe I'll grab either if they ever goes on 50% off sale... but then again, I could always just wait for T-61... ever so patiently. LOL. :Smile_veryhappy:

Aigle has 700 ms velocity HE/AP. I have it and I have to guess aim off screen at mid range due to low velocity shells..... same shell veolcity as the North Carolina.

Members
9,968 posts
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/saleboats/

So Captains, what are you hoping to see go on sale? We already have Warspite but here is to hoping they switch it up a bit.

Personally, I'm hoping to see either Kii and Abruzzi to go on sale....gotta get some of that sweet Axis love!

Only 11 days. 11 ships isn't a big selection, guess we'll have to wait and see.

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

To be honest? I'm hording EVERYTHING while waiting for the Alaska. I would like a Gold sale, since that is all I'm asking for my birthday, ("Your hard to buy for!" No I'm not, they sell Karma koin at Walgreens!") 

But we shall see.... 

• Cool 1

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles
27 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

I'm hoping for Kaga and the HSF/AL Commander bundles to go back up.

But I'd be happy with just Kaga.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but premium CV sales have been put on hold until the CV rework has been ironed out and implemented on the live server.

I feel you though, as I was hoping that Enterprise would be in the shop this summer when WG announced that they'd be adding a ton of premiums and not removing any from the shop for awhile.

38 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:'This Is"?:Smile_great:  I know it's an Aircraft  Carrier but which one?  the   Enterprise OR Graf Zeppelin  Perhaps or did you have another in mind?

It's Habakkuk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

I have read she works as n OK  Premium Version of the Farragut  as long as you stay with the 1st hull not the upgrade hull/

I had this DD and sold it...

Bad detection, bad guns, bad torpedos

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
152 posts
2,783 battles

What are the chances the Belfast would show up on there

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
7 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

IIRC she is the C-hull Farragut in her primary version, so you are down one main gun.

The second version is an interesting experiment. I saw both Notser and Zoup's vids on this, and I drift more towards Zoup's interpretation. If the B hull were the only option Notser would have been right; she'd be a big nope, and probably more likely to go into the bargain bin!!!

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
Just now, Mheetu said:

What are the chances the Belfast would show up on there

Oh you mean this ?
image.thumb.png.14b5da3629eb667f4a7041e9dd75b4d9.png

Related image

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

I want the Kidd. I meant to pick her up yesterday during the Doubloon Discount sale but I was too busy playing the game and forgot to pull the trigger before midnight. Oops.

Also, I think I'll buy the Atlanta.

And the Lo Yang and the Leningrad.

And also... well I'll be very tempted by pretty much all the destroyers. I want them all, to varying degrees.

I keep a list of the Premiums I want, in order of priority. So I'll be paying close attention to these sales for the next 10 days.

I hope they continue with good ships for sale, all at 50% off. They've started strong with the Warspite!

[P.S. Troll answer: Kamikaze, Belfast, Missouri, Mikhail Kutuzov, Gremyashchy]

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles
49 minutes ago, Bismarck_8 said:

The Tirpitz i have her sister ship but never picked up the Tirp.  I always purchase ships I missed out on the first time and then cam back around like Scharn.  That or the ALA or any of the Italian ships id like to see be on sale.

The Tirpitz is always available for doubloons ingame and is in the premium shop.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
7 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but premium CV sales have been put on hold until the CV rework has been ironed out and implemented on the live server.

I feel you though, as I was hoping that Enterprise would be in the shop this summer when WG announced that they'd be adding a ton of premiums and not removing any from the shop for awhile.

It's Habakkuk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk

Oh Wow the ship made out of Pykrete  :Smile_amazed: That would be interesting

• Funny 1

[NET]
Beta Testers
457 posts
3,826 battles

i would love to grab the roma or scharnhorst but not betting on them going on sale.