You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Motivation Monday - Critical Hits

8 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
896 posts
5,932 battles

Image result for torpedo strike

How do you get that critical hit/citadel on the enemy vessel?

No matter if I play a destroyer, cruiser, battleship, or even a carrier, I try to hold my guns, torps, and planes back until I know I can deal a devastating blow.

Sometimes, it pays to be patient and wait a little longer before unleashing your full firepower on Team Red.

What do you do to land a devastating strike on the enemy ship?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,459 battles

Step 1: Buy Graf Zepplin

Step 2: Use the 2/0/3 loadout and take AP bombs

Step 3: One shot everything 95% of the ships you encounter with auto drops

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles

Wait for the turn...once a ship has committed to the turn his speed & thus maneuverability are reduced & even if he cuts back odds on getting a cit are highly increased.

I also try to keep as fast of a speed as possible & don't get locked on a single target but look for the most broadside ship to me at time of reload & cut my ship to get angled properly to take advantage of that broadside when possible (especially during reload of a ship I may have been brawling w/as at full speed you can cut...get the quick shot off on the broadside target...& then cut back to a safe angle to the ship you were brawling with.

Sometimes you just don't have an angle to get a shot on the designated target when somebody calls for concentrated fire...wasting shots on a almost guaranteed miss/bounced shell target when you can massively damage or even eliminate an alternate target is just that...a waste (although the harassment factor when that badly angled ship is harassing an ally can be just as helpful to the team than taking the easy damage shot so it is of course situational).

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
28 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Image result for torpedo strike

How do you get that critical hit/citadel on the enemy vessel?

No matter if I play a destroyer, cruiser, battleship, or even a carrier, I try to hold my guns, torps, and planes back until I know I can deal a devastating blow.

Sometimes, it pays to be patient and wait a little longer before unleashing your full firepower on Team Red.

What do you do to land a devastating strike on the enemy ship?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

Monday just one of those days you have lost match after lost match after lost match you think I should just quit while I'm ahead but yet still plug away at it.  Monday lol.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

Full stealth build Yamato is very good at taking out the US cruisers. Sneak around and drop in some citadels when they don't expect it. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles

Assuming my aim is correct pray that RNGesus smiles and lets my shells hit where I was aiming instead of falling on either side.

raf,750x1000,075,t,322e3f:696a94a5d4.u1.

• Funny 2

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Wait for the turn...once a ship has committed to the turn his speed & thus maneuverability are reduced & even if he cuts back odds on getting a cit are highly increased.

Did this today on an Omaha. Saw he was turning. Got the lead ripple fired broadside got 3 citidals and 20k damage ship destroyed. He was out of the fight so fast it changed the dynamic of the base fight.  I was in my Bretagne.

[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,804 battles

I dunno.

This is usually what happens for me in BBs:

1. Line up a nice shot.
  2. Wait for the turn or the obvious torp launch.
  3. Aim for the citadel with the proper lead.
  4. Blam. Full Broadside at 6km.
  5. 1 overpen.  The rest miss completely.

This happens far more often than it should. I mean, even a Gneisenau can't miss a full-broadside Algerie at 6km.  THREE TIMES IN A ROW.  (I think I totalled like 4 overpens out of 18 shots).

RNG is a bit out of control in this game. I'd like to see damage/shot toned down a bit, and the level of RNG nerfed a LOT.