Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

What to do with Warspite

34 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,204 battles

I have no other British ships, but could not pass up the 50% off price. What do I do with this ship and no British Captain?

[BRN_2]
[BRN_2]
Members
4,222 posts
10,477 battles

If you have no British ships from which you can transplant a Captain, you'll have to recruit one.

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
6 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I have no other British ships, but could not pass up the 50% off price. What do I do with this ship and no British Captain?

This sounds like a job for @LittleWhiteMouseIt is or was her favorite ship after all. You could start working up the British BB line though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
41 posts
2,335 battles

Well you can recruit a Captain just like it was a Tech tree Ship.  Click on the spot where the captains portrait would be and there is an option to recruit a captain.

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles

Throw on main battery, damage control, aiming systems, and either damage control or ruddershift for your upgrades. Then for captian do something like PT, EM/AR, SI, CE. Warspite doesn't really need to be built around AA/secondaries so just build for survivability and flexibility. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
41 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

Just what ever you do do not sell a premium ship.

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,171 battles

you need turret rotation skill or warspite is a nightmare, also concealment cause everything outranges her, so you need a 10point captain.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

For your Upgrades, focus on fire prevention and your secondaries.

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM030_MainWeapoWows_icon_modernization_PCM020_DamageConIcon_modernization_PCM005_SecondaryGun_MWows_icon_modernization_PCM023_DamageCon

For Commander Skills, you want to take a mix of abilities to improve gunnery performance.  You don't need to worry as much about fire prevention in Warspite as other battleships with her improved Repair Party and Damage Control Party.

Y4KToI1.png

Make sure you take premium consumables and load up on the following signals as often as you can afford.

Consumable_PCY009_CrashCrewPremium.pngConsumable_PCY010_RegenCrewPremium.pngConsumable_PCY013_SpotterPremium.png
PCEF007_ID_SignalFlag.pngPCEF008_IY_SignalFlag.pngPCEF012_MY6_SignalFlag.pngPCEF005_SM_SignalFlag.pngPCEF014_NF_SignalFlag.png

• Cool 6

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,513 battles
53 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

Get some British ships? Or not and just play it, Warspite is blast!

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,716 battles

Warspite is what the BB British line shoulda been.

Focus on a secondary build, RULE BRITANNIA!

• Bad 1

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,204 battles
10 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM030_MainWeapoWows_icon_modernization_PCM020_DamageConIcon_modernization_PCM005_SecondaryGun_MWows_icon_modernization_PCM023_DamageCon

For Commander Skills, you want to take a mix of abilities to improve gunnery performance.  You don't need to worry as much about fire prevention in Warspite as other battleships with her improved Repair Party and Damage Control Party.

Y4KToI1.png

Make sure you take premium consumables and load up on the following signals as often as you can afford.

Consumable_PCY009_CrashCrewPremium.pngConsumable_PCY010_RegenCrewPremium.pngConsumable_PCY013_SpotterPremium.png
PCEF007_ID_SignalFlag.pngPCEF008_IY_SignalFlag.pngPCEF012_MY6_SignalFlag.pngPCEF005_SM_SignalFlag.pngPCEF014_NF_SignalFlag.png

Thanks for the Help! Looking forward to getting to play her tonight after work.

Members
138 posts
14 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Y4KToI1.png

not my prefered build but i have Jack Dunkirk as the captain.

i run my captain like this.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000011100010100001000000000119

HE spam is tolerable and the cooldown on repair party and damage control are pretty low.

but without Jack Dunkirk, i would skill like that as well.

upgrades are pretty standard.

i have target system mod 1 and rudder shift installed.

Edited by KaLeuWillenbrock

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles

recruit a captain and play the ship.

Members
1,834 posts
17,607 battles
2 hours ago, Markk9 said:

Whatever you do don't do this:

2 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

If you have no British ships from which you can transplant a Captain, you'll have to recruit one.

2 hours ago, KidDiscordia said:

Well you can recruit a Captain just like it was a Tech tree Ship.  Click on the spot where the captains portrait would be and there is an option to recruit a captain.

43 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

recruit a captain and play the ship.

If you recruit a captain for the Warspite you will need to train it to a tree ship to play the line later...& if you run the Warspite a lot it will be very expensive to do that later...& you do have a British ship (or at least one available for free)...the Black Swan...recruit a commander for it...play the battle or 2 in the Black Swan to get to T2 (or more preferably grind up to at least T4...doesn't take a lot of games to do that) before using it on Warspite as Warspite will build your commander real quick & you don't wanna be spending all that training cost transferring a high level commander between low tier ships.

TL/DR: Never recruit a commander for a Premium (unless there are no tree ships in that nation of course)...recruit it for the tree ship...it transfers free to the premium.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

Does anyone know if the Warspite shells have high fire chances like UK BBs are reputed for?

I just bought it and only played a couple of games using a cruiser captain, plays quite nicely on scenario and coop.  I played it like a US BB though, firing mostly AP shells.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
25 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

Does anyone know if the Warspite shells have high fire chances like UK BBs are reputed for?

I just bought it and only played a couple of games using a cruiser captain, plays quite nicely on scenario and coop.  I played it like a US BB though, firing mostly AP shells.

Play her only in operations to train her captain quickly.  

:Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
30 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

No, she does not.  Warspite has the same fire chance as Hood (34%) which is lower than that of Queen Elizabeth (35%).  Generally speaking, throw AP in Warspite whenever possible.  Her 381mm guns can overmatch anything except the bows of tier 8 battleships along with German and American heavy cruisers at tier 8.

Members
138 posts
49 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

whenever you fire HE with the warspite, a small puppy dies.

her AP is monstrous and together with her high accuracy and cruiser like handling, you don't really need HE. Especially angled or bow on ships are no problem. 

just watch out for HE spamming ships and everything. That can overmatch your bow and stern.

on tier six only Mutsu and Bayern can do that. On tier seven colorado, nagato, ashitaka and gneiseneu join the party and on tier eight, every BB should be able to do it.

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,512 battles
4 hours ago, Markk9 said:

I have no other British ships, but could not pass up the 50% off price.

You may bruise your wallet this month, then.  Every day a new ship will go on sale, until July 27.  We will see if each one comes with the same 50% off or a lessor discount.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/saleboats/

Edited by desmo_2

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,204 battles

I'm going to have to move some ammo money over to gaming money this then, damn....

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,235 posts
1,810 battles
46 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

On tier seven colorado, nagato, ashitaka and gneiseneu join the party

Hood and Nelson as well.

Edited by Helstrem

[4HIM]
Members
1,790 posts
4,050 battles

Run it in Ops.  It can really wreck face in Killer Whale and Aegis.  Good way to grind commander XP.  Turns really tight so it can torpedo beat if you pick up the torps soon enough.  

Sign in to follow this