You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stormie1126

There's always that ONE player....

30 comments in this topic

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

Who manages to just kill your enjoyment of the game to the point where you go 'Nope, [edited] it, done for a while.'

Like this complete [edited]artard of a DD captain I had on my team just now. 3 point cap style map, it's DD captain, myself in a Yorck, two other cruisers, and a BB going for the point. BB is lagging behind to the point where it's ineffective, all of us cruisers are trying to use islands for cover against the...I think 3 red BBs, 2 red DDs, and I think a cruiser or two, and the torp walls the enemy DDs are throwing at us. So what does our DD captain do? Rushes in, gets isolated, gets wasted. And promptly proceeds to [edited] at us for 'not giving support'. Not being one to take that kind of [edited], I tell him it's his own fault for rushing in, we're not gonna expose ourselves to overwhelming firepower and torp spam.

And then he proceeds to bring politics into it. "I bet you're a Democrat libtard." To which I ask how the hell that has anything to do with it. "Because of all the lame [edited]excuses you're making." Really? I mean....really really? To top it off, I checked his stats, and they were abysmal. Going by them, rushing in to get wasted is his go to tactic. 

What was truly great was as he's throwing out his crap-spew, we're winning, both by points and ship kills.

I get this is an online game, I get there's gonna be idiots and toxicity, but this kinda absolute horse [edited] just really kills things for me. We're here to have fun, to play a game, not bring the crapstorm of the current political climate into chat-and this is the second instance in as many matches; the match before this, someone from the other team asked in public chat if anyone spoke Spanish-one of my teammates proceeds to yell at the Red 'Go back to your own country!'

Ugh. Sorry, I just really needed to vent...but I think I'm done with the game for today.

Edited by Stormie1126
  • Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,736 battles

Such is life in an online game. Actually such is life in the real world too, there always that one person at work that make the place much worse than it needs to be.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Stormie1126 said:

Who manages to just kill your enjoyment of the game to the point where you go 'Nope, [edited] it, done for a while.'

Like this complete [edited]artard of a DD captain I had on my team just now. 3 point cap style map, it's DD captain, myself in a Yorck, two other cruisers, and a BB going for the point. BB is lagging behind to the point where it's ineffective, all of us cruisers are trying to use islands for cover against the...I think 3 red BBs, 3 red DDs, and i think a cruiser or two, and the torp walls the enemy DDs are throwing at us. So what does our DD captain do? Rushes in, gets isolated, gets wasted. And promptly proceeds to [edited] at us for 'not giving support'. Not being one to take that kind of [edited], I tell him it's his own fault for rushing in, we're not gonna expose ourselves to overwhelming firepower and torp spam.

And then he proceeds to bring politics into it. "I bet you're a Democrat libtard." To which I ask how the hell that has anything to do with it. "Because of all the lame [edited]excuses you're making." Really? I mean....really really? To top it off, I checked his stats, and they were abysmal. Going by them, rushing in to get wasted is his go to tactic. 

What was truly great was as he's throwing out his crap-spew, we're winning, both by points and ship kills.

I get this is an online game, I get there's gonna be idiots and toxicity, but this kinda absolute horse fuckery just really kills things for me. We're here to have fun, to play a game, not bring the crapstorm of the current political climate into chat-and this is the second instance in as many matches; the match before this, someone from the other team asked in public chat if anyone spoke Spanish-one of my teammates proceeds to yell at the Red 'Go back to your own country!'

Ugh. Sorry, I just really needed to vent...but I think I'm done with the game for today.

No worries. I have had the same experience. That is... just the current state of the country... unfortunately. Someone either asked or spoke in Spanish, had another player say something about it. It just shows how broken everything is.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
2 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Such is life in an online game. Actually such is life in the real world too, there always that one person at work that make the place much worse than it needs to be.

Sigh, I know, like I said. It's just...the reporting system is literally only there for players to feel better. WG needs to implement an actual penalty system that isn't completely subjective. I mean if LoL, the most toxic space in gaming, can make a marked improvement in weeding out the sludge, I don't get why WG can't.

Members
208 posts
2,089 battles

you mean like a blacklist so you can mute said player so you don't have to hear them talk, someone like that is doing it to get you mad, it is what gets them off.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

No worries. I have had the same experience. That is... just the current state of the country... unfortunately. Someone either asked or spoke in Spanish, had another player say something about it. It just shows how broken everything is.

What gets me is...well I'll preface with, IDGAF if someone's conservative or liberal, people disagree, that's the nature of politics. But yeah, the current state of things, a lot of people on the right just...it's that whole 'stupid people don't realize they're stupid' kind of thing, you know? Like you know they'd never get it, but you wanna tell people like the DD captain 'you do realize you're just proving how much of an idiot you are by saying all this, especially when your stats back up the fact you are in fact just a crapplayer?' I mean my own stats aren't 'unicum level' by any means and I don't play 'the stat game', but they do give a reasonable indication of a playstyle/skill level.

• Bad 1

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
Just now, Themothius said:

you mean like a blacklist so you can mute said player so you don't have to hear them talk, someone like that is doing it to get you mad, it is what gets them off.

Nah, cuz that just lets the player keep going and being unsupportive of the team, even if everyone mutes them. Some kind of temp ban, or if the behavior doesn't change, a perma ban. Tons of other developers of all sizes have some kind of system like that, I can't see how it'd be a great undertaking to implement, but WG seems content to just let it happen so long as they keep getting their money from subscriptions and premium buys -_-

[HYDRO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,751 battles

The anonymity of the internets makes such things common. Most of these people just want confrontation, so its better to just ignore and annoy them.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

Unfortunately it's human nature to blame others for our own faults. Accepting blame personally, may be talked about, but it is seldom practiced.

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
303 posts
1,735 battles

He's what I would put in the category of

"Crybaby DD's."

Just ignore them.

Members
208 posts
2,089 battles
4 minutes ago, Stormie1126 said:

Nah, cuz that just lets the player keep going and being unsupportive of the team, even if everyone mutes them. Some kind of temp ban, or if the behavior doesn't change, a perma ban. Tons of other developers of all sizes have some kind of system like that, I can't see how it'd be a great undertaking to implement, but WG seems content to just let it happen so long as they keep getting their money from subscriptions and premium buys -_-

so what your saying is someone is playing a game the way its fun to them and cause its not fun for you, they should be banned.  Now for the record i don't like the players who do this crap either, but if they want to just charge in guns blazing and that's what is fun for them who are you to say they should be banned for it.  The chat part again just blacklist them cause what your saying is you don't like what he says( again neither do i) so he shouldnt be able to say what he thinks or believes cause i don't like it or agree with it.  If you don't like it ignore it or if you can't do that blacklist him its not hard.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

I hope you and everyone that could see that dinged him for misbehavior in chat so he can come here and whine about his chat ban while claiming he said nothing that deserves it.

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Unfortunately it's human nature to blame others for our own faults. Accepting blame personally, may be talked about, but it is seldom practiced.

I blame myself if I suck, I don't blame the ship

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
1 minute ago, Themothius said:

but if they want to just charge in guns blazing and that's what is fun for them who are you to say they should be banned for it.

This is what Co op is for, Random is team play and people should respect that, then again WG should respect it also, and not make missions that make people not play for the team, but for themselves.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

It wasn't me it was luck and RNG.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
Just now, Themothius said:

so what your saying is someone is playing a game the way its fun to them and cause its not fun for you, they should be banned.  Now for the record i don't like the players who do this crap either, but if they want to just charge in guns blazing and that's what is fun for them who are you to say they should be banned for it.  The chat part again just blacklist them cause what your saying is you don't like what he says( again neither do i) so he shouldnt be able to say what he thinks or believes cause i don't like it or agree with it.  If you don't like it ignore it or if you can't do that blacklist him its not hard.

The whole point of the game is team play. If someone is going to be the exact opposite of a team player AND then also be 110% vitriolic...yeah, get 'em gone, we don't need em in game.

@DevilFreak_ Who drew your avatar? Me likey :3

2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I hope you and everyone that could see that dinged him for misbehavior in chat so he can come here and whine about his chat ban while claiming he said nothing that deserves it.

Oh you bet I used every single one of my reports to ping him for chat misbehavior. IDK about anyone else, no one else was really talking in the match >_>

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
1 minute ago, Stormie1126 said:

The whole point of the game is team play. If someone is going to be the exact opposite of a team player AND then also be 110% vitriolic...yeah, get 'em gone, we don't need em in game.

@DevilFreak_ Who drew your avatar? Me likey :3

Oh you bet I used every single one of my reports to ping him for chat misbehavior. IDK about anyone else, no one else was really talking in the match >_>

But do you feel better now then?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I didn't suck (hiding behind a giant island that can't be shot from or shooting max range from a corner), the entire team sucked 

• Funny 1

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

But do you feel better now then?

Yes and no lol. On one hand, getting the positive replies to the vent helps, but there's also the knowledge that there won't be any consequences for 'Captain HurrpDurrp'.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
33 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

31 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Luck/RNG is always a factor but it is not always going to be bad so shrug it off and press on.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Luck/RNG is always a factor but it is not always going to be bad so shrug it off and press on.

I also try to look at the game in a simple way. Ignore the "numbers" and play it for what it is. RNG? Nah, I just missed.

• Cool 1

[CS7]
Members
75 posts
5,073 battles

One valuable lesson I have learned is it's better to not engage toxic people in chat. They say crap to get reactions out of people, and if they sense they have gotten under your skin it just galvanizes them even more.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
12 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I also try to look at the game in a simple way. Ignore the "numbers" and play it for what it is. RNG? Nah, I just missed.

Very true but when you get a long streak of RNG misses it gets frustrating. The trick is to not let it get to you, the worm will turn and you will be getting hits from shots that you shouldn't.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Very true but when you get a long streak of RNG misses it gets frustrating. The trick is to not let it get to you, the worm will turn and you will be getting hits from shots that you shouldn't.

Pretty much. My only real issue is with other players but it can't be helped because I am sometimes that other player. I'm a CV, I see the entire map and I see when sides are crumbling. I am gonna say something or do it myself.

Or worse case scenario, punish the entire team because some players just won't help, answer my pleas, is a bot moving at 1/4 speed not shooting or doing anything, or watching two BBs go far east even though I already scout northeast and they won't change their course even though our allies in the northwest are getting slaughtered, by doing the one thing a CV can do that no ship can. My own fault if get salty so criticize me if you want. It's my own childishness that makes me do that.