You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warmseas

To Much

24 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
183 posts
6,689 battles

I think Radar is cool but there is to just to much of it. DD's T8- T10 can't do there job.  Scout and cap, WG knows the way to make money is to force people to keep getting new ships. My team wants me to go in and cap and scout for them and I want to, but when there are 4 or 5 radar ships I can't until late in the game if it's not to late. So I think T8 - T10 DD's need heals. WG don't mind giving Rader to T7 prem. I understand there need to make money but killing the DD game is not the wat to make it. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,963 battles

Cap circles are a trap now, especially at the start of a match. You're better off staying just outside it until the radar is blown and it doesn't kill you or the radar ship gets impatient and reveals itself, after which you can decide whether or not staying in the area is in your best interests.

Or you can go wide on the flanks like I've started to do recently.

Edited by Flashtirade
  • Cool 1

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
6 minutes ago, warmseas said:

I think Radar is cool but there is to just to much of it. DD's T8- T10 can't do there job.  Scout and cap, WG knows the way to make money is to force people to keep getting new ships. My team wants me to go in and cap and scout for them and I want to, but when there are 4 or 5 radar ships I can't until late in the game if it's not to late. So I think T8 - T10 DD's need heals. WG don't mind giving Rader to T7 prem. I understand there need to make money but killing the DD game is not the wat to make it. 

I run RPF or RL on my Worcester...its like cheating it's so OP.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,094 posts
12,650 battles

You have the right idea, that sometimes you can't take a cap until late in the game. That's fine, so long as enemy DDs aren't getting them either. If they are, either you or your cruisers are being outplayed.

As for spotting, all radar cruisers with the exception of Minotaur and Worcester can be safely spotted from outside their radar ranges. Watch out for those two, but all the rest can be countered by straightforward positioning and spotting.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,734 battles
3 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

Cap circles are a trap now, especially at the start of a match. You're better off staying just outside it until the radar is blown and it doesn't kill you or the radar ship gets impatient and reveals itself, after which you can decide whether or not staying in the area is in your best interests.

Yes, yes and yes.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

You can scout by taking your time. You do not need full speed to find the enemy, take your time and they will either expose themselves or you get caught by another Destroyer. My tactics are in my signature.

Members
1,786 posts
5,663 battles

Most DD players have adapted to the Radar and the game play has improved, No more die early for no reason. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles

Really tired of Radar threads, it's here and will be here, until it's gone, which is not really ever going to happen. Do we really have to hear about it daily? From  a hundred people? At any rate this will be my last post in a Radar thread until and unless a Dev thread is threatening some kind of change. It seems like flogging the dead horse.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Really tired of Radar threads, it's here and will be here, until it's gone, which is not really ever going to happen. Do we really have to hear about it daily? From  a hundred people? At any rate this will be my last post in a Radar thread until and unless a Dev thread is threatening some kind of change. It seems like flogging the dead horse.

My solution to Radar Threads or Destroyer Threads:

"Wild Weasel"

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles

Improvise, adapt, and overcome. I will state it was NEVER a DD's job to cap by themselves. We just see so many DD players doing it because they want the points for capping. If you sail WITH the cruisers and battleships and push the caps as a combined team you can cap. You can still scout but stay within reasonable range of the cruisers and battleships for support. That radar ship fires off his radar with the intent of blowing you out of the water the tables will be turned on him pretty quickly. Staying within reasonable support range of the cruisers and battleships nullifies radar to an extent. Those ships will have to stay behind islands to stay alive, sure they can radar you but they won't be able to shoot you without getting deleted. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
35 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

They can be but you have to make sure that your team isn't giving the enemy team a free cap.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,037 posts

Who is this Much person, to whom you address your thread?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
54 minutes ago, warmseas said:

To much or too much?  "Can't do there job" or can't do their job? 

I think you need to spend more time studying and less time playing games.  

[SBS]
Members
2,463 posts
2,253 battles
29 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

As for spotting, all radar cruisers with the exception of Minotaur and Worcester can be safely spotted from outside their radar ranges. Watch out for those two, but all the rest can be countered by straightforward positioning and spotting.

Chapayev has a nice stealth radar window too.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,399 posts
3,875 battles
47 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Oh, that's something destroyer mains haven't heard a million times before. Got any other new and exciting messages for them?

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, warmseas said:

Another radar thread that is probably going to get locked.  Dude research this topic before you post.  There are literally hundreds of posts about radar.  If you don't like it then play another game.

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

Another radar thread that is probably going to get locked.  Dude research this topic before you post.  There are literally hundreds of posts about radar.  If you don't like it then play another game.

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

I just checked the calendar and it is a day ending in y. I can understand the frustration when the line split was happening but the number of radars as far as I can tell are back down to about what they were before the split.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I just checked the calendar and it is a day ending in y. I can understand the frustration when the line split was happening but the number of radars as far as I can tell are back down to about what they were before the split.

Its not that frustrating more of an annoyance there are ways of dealing with it.  I play DDs regularly

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,244 posts
7,213 battles

Jeeeeeebus......

It's "too."

I never realized how much of a pet peeve this can be for me until this egregious thread.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Its not that frustrating more of an annoyance there are ways of dealing with it.  I play DDs regularly

I don't play DD's regularly although a heck of a lot more often than CV's and the frustration was real for any ship that uses smoke offensively, not just DD's, for a few weeks when the CA part of the split happened and again for a few weeks when the CL part hit. The point is this kind of flooding of the ques happens every time a new ship or line is released. It is like the weather, if you don't like it just wait.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I don't play DD's regularly although a heck of a lot more often than CV's and the frustration was real for any ship that uses smoke offensively, not just DD's, for a few weeks when the CA part of the split happened and again for a few weeks when the CL part hit. The point is this kind of flooding of the ques happens every time a new ship or line is released. It is like the weather, if you don't like it just wait.

Even CVs are a what ever, its just that people have to learn to deal with the outcome of more ships with Radar, eventually who knows when but the CV's will get fixed too which will make them more deadly.  How ever its just an annoyance as I said.  People just got to learn new ways to deal with the problem at hand and overcome the challenge of the game.  Radar makes it actually more fun.  Especially trying to stay hidden and then realize oh S I'm radared and get out of it.  CVs you got to learn to dodge the torp drops or bomb drops.  Its just all part of the game you got to learn how to deal with.  Frustrating as it may be, it's not for me just a learning curve is all.

• Cool 1