You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jonesyrules15

So about marathons...

15 comments in this topic

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,988 battles

So the Indy Marathon just finished up.  But it got me thinking.  Somebody should explain to WG that a marathon is 26 miles.  So having an event that only has 25 tasks make little sense.  Listen, I'm not just saying this because I finished 1 short of completion.  Not at all.  Nope.  So WG next marathon should have 26 tasks.  It only makes sense

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts

There were 26 tasks and you had to do at least 21 to get the indy.

• Cool 1

Members
9,992 posts
8 minutes ago, Jonesyrules15 said:

So the Indy Marathon just finished up.  But it got me thinking.  Somebody should explain to WG that a marathon is 26 miles.  So having an event that only has 25 tasks make little sense.  Listen, I'm not just saying this because I finished 1 short of completion.  Not at all.  Nope.  So WG next marathon should have 26 tasks.  It only makes sense

Or alternatively, they could not time gate these events just to force players to play daily.....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,988 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

There were 26 tasks and you had to do at least 21 to get the indy.

Last night it said task 25 when i completed it.  I never saw a task 26...  I have the indy, this post was meant to be in fun.  FWIW my clan mate said he only saw a task 25 also

Edited by Jonesyrules15

Members
1,154 posts
3,146 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

Or alternatively, they could not time gate these events just to force players to play daily.....:Smile_teethhappy:

THIS! It's a bad idea to have them locked like that. If you go on vacation (like many Americans do during the summer) then you completely miss out on getting the ship. 

Members
9,992 posts
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

THIS! It's a bad idea to have them locked like that. If you go on vacation (like many Americans do during the summer) then you completely miss out on getting the ship. 

Didn't want it didn't care, but you're exactly right. People have lives, WG seems determined lately to make players choose between life and a game....

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,065 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

They really want you to buy the ship, It had it's own missions for crates.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,397 posts
13,121 battles
24 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Shut it - Hamsters aren't allowed to talk and thinking is counterproductive!

[WOLF2]
Members
1,397 posts
13,121 battles
22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

They really want you to buy the ship, It had it's own missions for crates.

And those crates were just as crappy as the mission crates - close to zero chance of winning mission for a ship ….

What they really wanted is for you to buy the ones in premium store, not knowing that they sucked too lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
25 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Didn't want it didn't care, but you're exactly right. People have lives, WG seems determined lately to make players choose between life and a game....

I choose life every time.

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts
28 minutes ago, Jonesyrules15 said:

Last night it said task 25 when i completed it.  I never saw a task 26...  I have the indy, this post was meant to be in fun.  FWIW my clan mate said he only saw a task 25 also

This weekend task 25 and 26 were ongoing. You likely finished task 26 first.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

26 was a lot easier than 25, I didn't even try to accomplish 25 but did finish 26 for the completion and ~11 million credits, a captain, and a port slot.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,397 posts
13,121 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The words "marathon" and "fun" don't go together - sorry to inform :)

(Bah that was for Jonesyrules15 … they guy you were responding to) 

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF2]
Members
1,397 posts
13,121 battles
37 minutes ago, Jonesyrules15 said:

The words "marathon" and "fun" don't go together - sorry to inform :)

[WPP]
Members
522 posts
5,505 battles
1 hour ago, Jonesyrules15 said:

A marathon is 26.2 miles so 26 would still be wrong.  A marathon is also a foot race so that doesn't really make any sense.  A marathon is define as being "A long-lasting or difficult task or operation of a specified kind" and in the end that seems to be what they are getting at.  And I suspect we all got that.