Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

15 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,021 posts
8,259 battles

Regale us.

I am currently burned out on WOWS, so been doing other games like Evil Within. Really want mystery to solve, and with the seemingly limited effort WG puts into making maps, not that bothered to play much these days.

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

I was grinding credits and FXP mostly...burning camo and signals.... had a couple of good game ... a ton of bad ones

Got flamed because my secondaries killed a  BB that sailed to close to my Missouri that  some one else was trying to kill... also got a kraken and made over 1 million credits in that same game. Yay Missouri

Decided that Asashio is my favorite DD now. I have just as much fun driving it as I used to in my Kami.

5b4ccfec066e5_Screenshot2018-07-1416_18_44.thumb.png.58f03630598462772219187ade5d2ea5.png

Edited by nina_blain_73
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles

Pretty much Aegis with the Dallas and two French Cruisers. The Dallas to grind for the Helena and the French ships for Bastille day mission. I did run the Indy for the US crates. Probably 2 more battles and Helena is mine, I really liked her for the Narai Operation. Lots of first place finishes and 5 stars, the Dallas rocks in Aegis.

shot-18_07.15_18_25.14-0376.thumb.jpg.d76930ad6e24f6ad94207e6044bb4b4a.jpg

Unfortunately this one was a loss.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,152 posts
3,141 battles

I had been playing Yamato for several reasons. Yamato is one of 3 ships in my port that have upgrades on them (the other two being Geraing and Akizuki). I have the permacamo, and with the credit flags I can make 500-700k a match, which is very nice, and I'm working on the upgrade module. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,180 battles

image.png.44d3f7adb2461132bda997b26949f1b2.png

The secret to this game is play first win of the day, then log off. 

Members
1,459 posts
12,339 battles

Dedicated part of Friday and good part of Saturday to play all my tier 2 through tier 4 ships that have been ported for awhile (18), once apiece.   Was reminded in many cases of the shortfall of low tier play.  Had several games where seal cubbing CV drivers where dominating lesser CV beginners.  Painfully slow ships like the Katori, shortcomings of several ships that helped port them ( example terrible guns in Cambeltown that makes DD heavy games unplayable), and some really head scratchers in terms of losses.  Overall, reinforced why tier 5 and up are the more fun tiers.  

[NCBL]
Members
110 posts
3,729 battles

Got into an argument with a rank 1 about the Moskva, he refused to believe the Moskva has a 50mm armor belt. Friendly Yamato was shooting HE at him because he was bow in. It started because I set him on fire once...he insta repaired it then the Yamato set him on fire immediately after (lol rank 1 insta repairing 1 fire). He then began making comments about the Yamato shooting he. I said "because he knew better" because the Moskva cannot be lolpenned from the bow anymore because of 50mm armor belt buff. Which then set him off and the rest of the enemy team. Apparently my team was the only one to get the memo about the bow armor belt buff. He even messaged me after the match lecturing me about how the Moskva only had 25mm armor belt and he was looking at it. I didn't know how to explain it further.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Played the z-52 a lot, and still loving it. The ease with which it takes caps is awesome. Up next is figuring out how to keep my team from dying too fast for cap control to matter.

• Cool 2

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,561 battles

Finished the grind to Indianapolis, got through phase 1 of the T10 special upgrade missions in Minotaur (50 DC party consumables-always useful) am about to do the same in Montana and Des Moines. Gearing, Conqueror and Worcester come later. Doing Le Jour De La Bastille in the MN ships, and grinding more elite XP for RN 10-point captains, need 5 of those for when the RN DD line comes out, probably in a couple of updates.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 hours ago, cometguy said:

Played the z-52 a lot, and still loving it. The ease with which it takes caps is awesome. Up next is figuring out how to keep my team from dying too fast for cap control to matter.

Honestly man, I've given up trying to play my 10s solo. It's just too punishing to try and soloyolo it for me. If I cruise around playing 4-7, maybe the odd 8, I usually have a pretty good time and minimize my frustration with the game on a whole. If I just focus on a grind, or trying to force myself to play something my heart just isn't in, my game suffers and so does my enjoyment.

I've settled on the feeling that I only run my 10s when I want to gamble on 9 or less team members.

Members
1,157 posts
6,936 battles

i had 2 games this weekend where i won the game with just seconds left on the clock.  both were in my algerie.  the first was killing a fiji by over matching his nose over and over and the second was do or die killing a low health nurnburg right before the clock hit 0 while beaching to dodge 2 BBs fire.

i too am a little burned out so i only played one game today.  i think i set a personal record for most cits i had in a game.  had plenty of 10+ but i don't think i ever had 15+.

7C51A27238EF8D91753A13710E5F4E963C8BEBF8

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Didn't play this weekend and debating whether I want to play on a Monday because Mondays can also be really bad. Did other things over the weekend, one of which was fighting another IBS flare up.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,251 posts

Friday I played a bunch.  Sat I logged on late, and was nodding off after only a few games, so I logged back off and went to bed, lol.   Sunday, I played the hell out of it!

I now own 2 brand new ships: Bismarck, and the tier 4 German DD (forget the name)

Sunday, I got all three containers,  burned through all the coal missions, the Available Indy missions, and unlocked the final task for one of the Halsey missions.  ( a LONG grind, doing it in co-op- with 2 single star missions to do over and over and over...)  Bismarck took a BIG chunk out of my credits, fully outfitting it and all, but I earned a lot of em back.  Also used up all 200k+ E-XP boosting Lyon's captain up to 15 points.

Had some huge Gneisenau games this weekend- inc a 4 kill- all-secondary- game when me and a Sharnhorst defended our cap from the whole bot team, after our team got wiped out.  Using a dying AFK teammate as a torpedo shield vs the red Gneis was rather helpful, lol.

Also had a psychotic Shokaku spend an entire match trying to sink my Buffalo.   Notice I said tried.    I had equipped both premium DFAA AND heal- and burned through all of them- but I lived!   Shokaku was short 40 planes by the end.   I had a decent match otherwise, as well- 2 kills, and lots of  "SURPRISE! Mo-fo!!!"  salvos into broadside enemies who were otherwise engaged with my allies.   Tier 9/10 games were kinda stinky for cruisers, though- so I switched to something else after that.

After that, I switched gears entirely- and took to pvp games with my USN DD's.   Surprisingly, I had a fair bit of fun.   It was fairly early in the day, and the salt quotient was pretty low, lol.   Had some very fun games, inc a chair edge squeaker that we ended up losing at the last moment.  That was in Mahan, and the game came down to me, a Gadja Mada, and a low health Yorck vs a half health Colorado, and Conk, and a Misery.    Gadja blew up Co right after I got blown up by a long range salvo from MO.   Then our cruiser got popped by that same low health MO.   He nailed it with torps and almost killed it, but for some reason didn't finish it with guns.  MO was not as polite...   Time was running out, so Gadja tried to pick off Conk to boost our points over the top, but his luck just ran out...   It reminded me of just how much I like Mahan- it'd been too long since I played it.

Also had a funny game in Farragut.  After taking the B cap, I dove into cover around some islands to avoid all the fire coming at me from the South.    And discovered the red CV just sitting there 10 km away!   So I opened up on him, while closing for a torp attack.   Their Konigsburg saw what was happening and charged in to rescue the CV- eating my entire torp salvo that had completely whiffed.   He thought he was slick, blasting me away with all of his guns- until my torps showed up off his broadside.   I could almost hear him saying "AWW hell..."

I'd have preferred to kill the CV, but hey- he wanted in on this fight...

Feeling kind of burned out tonight.  I don't think I'm going to play today.

Sign in to follow this