You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daffyd9x

Summer Sale - doubloon compensation

32 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
4,344 posts
16,748 battles

Well, I bought a ton lol - more than I should have … I know I had a lot of doubloons afterwards (I'm not a spreadsheet guy so none of it got written down)

I just see restrictions and a higher premium being put on doubloons - doubt they will flow like last year.

The Pumpkins probably won't happen again, but in the end it will help me curb my spending I think.

Edited by Commander_367

Members
6 posts
11,729 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

Well, I bought a ton lol - more than I should have … I know I had a lot of doubloons afterwards (I'm not a spreadsheet guy so none of it got written down)

I just see restrictions and a higher premium being put on doubloons - doubt they will flow like last year.

The Pumpkins probably won't happen again, but in the end it will help me curb my spending I think.

You ended up with a lot of doubloons because some crates gave you doubloons as well as premium time, camos and signals. If you bought a 100 dollar bundle of large crates, good chance you received 3-4 crates of 2k doubloons each.

[PVE]
Members
18,343 posts
11,365 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

8 minutes ago, nonexistentusmc said:

You ended up with a lot of doubloons because some crates gave you doubloons as well as premium time, camos and signals. If you bought a 100 dollar bundle of large crates, good chance you received 3-4 crates of 2k doubloons each.

I got 9 - 300 doubloon crates and 8 - 1,000 doubloon crates for a total of 10,700 doubloons out of 62 Santa crates in 2017.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,344 posts
16,748 battles
48 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I got 9 - 300 doubloon crates and 8 - 1,000 doubloon crates for a total of 10,700 doubloons out of 62 Santa crates in 2017.

I threw away my notes, but I'm guessing 20k or more db over x-mas and maybe 40k for Halloween? (That was $200 on friggin pumpkins lol)

I know those duplicate camos yielded a lot of db … I honestly don't see that happening again though and I'll be watching my wallet if no doubloons o7

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
250 posts

Well i guess for now ill just save my money. I didn't buy anything the past weekend nor last week or pretty much for a few months now. Will more then likely buy some crates come Christmas time though.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
532 posts
3,327 battles

The steam sale was the tipping point, maybe if they had made it so that only new players on steam could have bought them we'd still be where we were at but like a great many people i saw a great cheap way to fill up the doubloon tank that was apparently unintended. 

Hoping for a Cheap Tirpitz and 50% off the Warspite gives me hope (hopefully not misplaced hope...)

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
16 hours ago, Daffyd9x said:

Looks like this Summer Sale offers no bargain in compensation doubloons when purchasing a duplicate premium ship.  WG will not repeat that mistake.

$15.53 buys Warspite and port slot, or 3,250 compensation doubloons for duplication.  $0.004778 per doubloon.  (Port slot ignored in this arithmetic.)

$15.77 buys 3,200 doubloons in the Premium Shop.  $0.004928 per doubloon. This would be about $0.48 more if you could buy exactly 3,250 doubloons.  Meh!

It is unclear whether a port slot is still received with the compensation so I omitted it in this analysis.  If someone deliberately buys a duplicate Warspite, please post in this thread whether you got a new port slot.

I hope they offer for half-price some premium ships that I want.

prety sure wg made bunch money but u think they could get better server to handle prime time clan battles nights.