You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Got a Kraken in my very first Des Moines game...

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles

Yeah I like this ship a lot lol. It’s so much fun. The firepower levels are insane. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,745 battles
3 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Till you come up against a cruiser with torps. 

Or you get caught with your broadside to a BB.

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles
15 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Till you come up against a cruiser with torps. 

In my experience as long as the DM has enough time/distance he can shred the cruiser well before it gets close enough.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,083 posts
8,964 battles

or you make that slight adjustment doing a bow on and the angle is enough for a Citadel through your front deck.  Good Luck! And good job.

[RLGN]
Members
8,249 posts
17,264 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Orrin said:

In my experience as long as the DM has enough time/distance he can shred the cruiser well before it gets close enough.

And mine has been that no matter what you do or try; how you angle of where you shoot at a target; they pen and citadel the hell out of you, and you do jack squat to them.

Pretty much haven't played DM at all since 2016 because of that.

[5IN]
Members
1,791 posts
8,133 battles

I got one recently in DM with less than 10 games.  Its a rough ship for me to play though as I don't care for the "camp behind a rock" playstyle.  It also eats cits, despite angling.  I actually prefer Buffalo over DM, as for some reason it seems to be more durable (IMHO).

Members
3,782 posts
14,033 battles

Grats! I wish that I could play Des Moines well but I sucketh most heinously with her. It's a shame because DM is a damn good ship.

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

And mine has been that no matter what you do or try; how you angle of where you shoot at a target; they pen and citadel the hell out of you, and you do jack squat to them.

Pretty much haven't played DM at all since 2016 because of that.

Maybe they have buffed it since then. In Clan wars I'm finding that I can't pen angled DM's at close range, and they just pen me straight through my bow like it's butter. I play Hindenburg btw.

Members
1,155 posts
6,927 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Orrin said:

Yep.  Unless the DM is low, he can just lel cit through their nose the moment they start to turn to torp or give side and survive said torps.  Your best bet is to ram or do a drive by where you never give your side until you just skim past enough to launch torps so they arm but are close enough the DM cant really aim low enough to cit.(or keep the guns up with the ship)

Even BBs will hate having a DM chunking them every 5.5 seconds(or less) and a few of them can be cit by a DM.  Especially the BBs that can't over match its nose wont enjoy being close to a DM.(looking at you bismark)

but yes, the DM is a ship that is pretty squishy out in the open.  As are its turrets.  But with its fire rate, it can play a similar game of shooting the enemies turrets at a much faster rate.