You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Cursed Ships

26 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,610 battles

You guys ever notice that sometimes the game decides to curse a ship, and no matter how good you play, how hard you try, you will lose in it until the curse is lifted. Normally this means walking away and not playing it for a while...

In the case of my Atago I have been playing very well in it prior to today. I was trying to train up a IJN captain and so I continued to play the atago until the Captain was trained. I have yet to win a match in it today. 0-9.......

I'm convinced if I log in right now, and play a game in it, I will lose.

lol.jpg

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,703 posts
3,366 battles

Oh yeah. There are a few ships I am 'good' with, getting high damage scores and even kills with, but just seem to never be able to force a win with. A standout example of mine is ARP Kongo and IJN Kongo.

ARP Kongo has 35 games for a 45% win rate, while IJN Kongo has 38 games with 68% win rate. (55k and 59k damage, respectively as well) They're the same ship. I play them exactly the same. Despite my best efforts I can't win with the ship East German Nightclub.

Edited by TabbyHopkins

[4HIM]
Members
1,818 posts
4,176 battles

The Dunkirk is my cursed ship. Don't think I've won a PvP game in it.

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,398 battles

As far as winning my Enterprise is cursed. Always 90k+ damage, multiple kills, rarely wins.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,229 posts
14,647 battles

I wouldn't be too worried if it doesn't look good with few matches.  But once you creep into 30+ matches and it still looks bad, I'd start getting alarmed.

Khabarovsk was that way for me.  Everybody and their grandmother are awesome in that DD.  The average stats show that.  But I remember at around 50 or 60 matches in, I had an abysmal 38% or something like that Win Rate.  Damage wasn't too great.  It was annoying because in Udaloi I was outstanding.  It took a lot of work, but I finally maintain a respectable WR% in Khab, 102 matches and 55% WR.  The Dmg Avg still needs a lot of work.

• Boring 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I basically Free XPed my way to Iowa and she really really hates me. On the other hand, I Free XPed to Richelieu from Normandie and Richelieu loves me.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
580 posts
3,702 battles
3 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

I basically Free XPed my way to Iowa and she really really hates me. On the other hand, I Free XPed to Richelieu from Normandie and Richelieu loves me.

Go back and check out the Lyon.  She's awesome.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, Captain_Slattery said:

Go back and check out the Lyon.  She's awesome.

I did go back to Normandie and Lyon and I loved both of them a lot. What got me into really wanting Richelieu is that I got Dunkerque for free from a Super Container and she has treated me well since. Not anymore though... Dunkerque is jealous of her bigger younger sister...

[ARP2]
Members
1,244 posts
3,569 battles

Undoubtedly, the Indianapolis is my cursed ship.  No matter how well i play in her, i always loose. 

I want to like the ship, but I'm certain she just likes to watch me twitch and curse.

[BARON]
Beta Testers
90 posts
4,800 battles

I'd post a picture from wows-numbers but for the life of me don't know how to take the screen shot... Anyway, my cursed ship is the Friedrich De Grosse.

49 battles I played with her and only a 39% w/r. but a PR of 2260 and average damage of 93k. My current curse ship is the Zao. perform great in her but my current w/r is dropping fast.

Takes me 3-4 battles to get a win in her

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

Richylou, just spent 110k free xp so that I never have to play it again.

Members
1,156 posts
3,146 battles

Yamato is (or at least was, it seems to be getting better) for me. I was 2-13 at one point. I'm up to 14-22 (39%) but at first I just couldn't win games, and it wasn't my fault. Half of the team would be dead within 7 minutes. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
2 hours ago, TabbyHopkins said:

Oh yeah. There are a few ships I am 'good' with, getting high damage scores and even kills with, but just seem to never be able to force a win with. A standout example of mine is ARP Kongo and IJN Kongo.

ARP Kongo has 35 games for a 45% win rate, while IJN Kongo has 38 games with 68% win rate. (55k and 59k damage, respectively as well) They're the same ship. I play them exactly the same. Despite my best efforts I can't win with the ship East German Nightclub.

Haha I'm the opposite a God in Haruna a scrub in the Long.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
10 minutes ago, Kaioshin said:

I'd post a picture from wows-numbers but for the life of me don't know how to take the screen shot... Anyway, my cursed ship is the Friedrich De Grosse.

49 battles I played with her and only a 39% w/r. but a PR of 2260 and average damage of 93k. My current curse ship is the Zao. perform great in her but my current w/r is dropping fast.

Takes me 3-4 battles to get a win in her

I'm high damage low impact in Zao as well she is one of my cursed ships.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles
  Warship Tier Nation Battles Win rate PR Average Damage Avg. frags Avg. planes destroyed  
Missouri   Missouri  9 U.S.A. 209 45.93% 1 248 69 948 0.98 1.72

Details

Image result for hide the pain harold

Probably has something to do with using DD/cruiser captain on BB and plays the BB as if it is a DD.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,789 battles

The Mahan was probably my first cursed ship, still has a sub 45% WR. My new Wooster might be as well, even though I do pretty good in it.

Members
3,826 posts
14,179 battles

I was driving Hindenberg and Henri IV while grinding the Halsey Campaign and BOTH ships were cursed! It was endless defeats with a very rare win just to tease me. I must have had a 10%, at best, win rate. I finally gave up on using tier 10s in Randoms and used tier 8s in Co-Op. I advanced just as fast with wins in Co-Op as I did with losses in Randoms and it wasn't frustrating.

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,988 battles

Massachusetts is far and away my highest damage producing tier 8 BB and is my 2nd highest WTR rated BB yet it has my lowest WR of 46.43.  The best was when I lost this game .  I have so many 100K + losses in this ship it makes my head spin.  If I were somebody to believe in a vengeful WG I would think they purposefully did this during the first 25 battles lol

shot-18.07.05_16.00.39-0055.jpg

Members
217 posts
2,046 battles

I often have very good games in the Texas damage wise, but I have a 40% wr or something like that.

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,057 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I wouldn't be too worried if it doesn't look good with few matches.  But once you creep into 30+ matches and it still looks bad, I'd start getting alarmed.

*Checks Scharnhorst stats*

I do NOT regret that purchase however. Ship is hella fun.

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
251 posts
8,326 battles

I looked this thread up and revived it because I have finally found my very own cursed ship

shot-18.07.27_00.03.19-0861.jpg

Members
855 posts
3,610 battles
3 minutes ago, ElvenRed said:

I looked this thread up and revived it because I have finally found my very own cursed ship

shot-18.07.27_00.03.19-0861.jpg

Man, this makes me feel better about my Zao post I just posted on another thread.....

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

For me, it'd have to be Nicholas and Budyonny. Nicholas I could hardly survive a game in, and most games in her I did piss-poor damage

I don't get why I suck in the Budyonny so much. It's so easy, it seems. I mean, I watch what the pros do, I follow their instructions and advice to the letter, and what happens?

Loss. next game,  I died early.  Loss. next game, I died early. Loss. next game, I died early. Loss. next game, I died early. Loss. next game, I died early. Loss. next game, I died early. Loss. next game, I died early. Loss. next game, I died early... ad infinitum.

I want to like Budyonny, honest! But I can't... :Smile_sad: