Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RipNuN2

Massachusetts Rental, other neat stuff on SEA

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,960 posts

"Commander, there are no available bonuses at the moment!"

I guess it's only for inactive players. Oh well.

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts
7 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

"Commander, there are no available bonuses at the moment!"

I guess it's only for inactive players. Oh well.

It's probably specific to the account it was emailed to anyhow.

[SOFOP]
Members
230 posts
3,533 battles

The rewards for getting inactive players back are getting better, or I guess you could say more desperate.  They must be hurting.  I don't mind these types of offers because I understand the business model.  Throwing freebies at an inactive account has little downside, as long as the freebies are enticing but have little impact on gameplay.

That said, I think the rental ships idea is an AWESOME idea to try and lure people to buy premium ships.  I would love to test drive a Mass.

[SF-3]
Members
1,525 posts
8,114 battles

I am surprised they don't let you test any premium ship before you buy it. Unless they are concerned people wont buy some of the hot garbage they release?

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
22 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I am surprised they don't let you test any premium ship before you buy it. Unless they are concerned people wont buy some of the hot garbage they release?

I did bring up the "lease with the option to buy" in a previous thread that some one else started.

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,949 battles

I got this email too for my long dormant SEA account. I'm going to keep on waiting until they give me a free ship there :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
2,500 posts
5,479 battles

They ought to review these ships being sold and shown on video with no captain skills and no modules. ONLY what you can select when its nakkid and in stock configuration.  Have the battle shown with other ships totally stock as well.

THEN you have a baseline of what a player could do whether they are good or bad not depending on modifiers.  

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles
12 minutes ago, RighteousRhyno said:

I got this email too for my long dormant SEA account. I'm going to keep on waiting until they give me a free ship there :Smile_teethhappy:

They already gave away free Cesares, and I think, Tachibanas. I was able to claim the Cesare return bundle.

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,615 battles

i got this email but i dont have an SEA account......as far as i know O.o

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

A bunch of games do this to entice past players to come back and play again.  Possibly spend again.

What does the company lose?  Digital credits, XPs, a digital ship for a chance of someone coming back to play and maybe spend money again?

[STW-A]
Members
162 posts

Looks like a good offer.... as my friend has a dormant SEA account, and received this offer by email, I thought I'd log in and see how it works.  (OK, maybe I just wanted to play with the Massachusetts a bit...)

It does say "Win a Battle", so I went off to coop, and was on the winning side.  100K Free XP, 8 million credits, 10 stars&stripes camos, and 5 of each special flag were added to the account on returning to port.  There was also 5 supercontainers (with the usual supercontainer stuff) and a 30% off coupon link to the premium port.

However, I couldn't find the rental Massachusetts... not in port, not in premium shop, not in containers....  Going back to the email, and clicking on the "reward claim" button takes you to the same bonus page where you check for public test bonuses.  Don't know where the Masschusetts is.... and I'm not sure any returning previous player will find it either.

meh, oh well....

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I did bring up the "lease with the option to buy" in a previous thread that some one else started.

I think that it'd be a nice idea if there was a short term, one time rental on each new premium ship.  Maybe something like 5 battles over no more than, say, 3 days at most, perhaps random or coop battles only (to prevent someone from using a rental in Ranked, etc.).  Maybe put them in the Arsenal and charge a nominal fee in coal (and I do mean a LOW amount, like say 100 coal).  Enough to get a taste for the new ship.

Sign in to follow this