You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

My #IAMCOMMANDER submission. I want YOU to take my place.

32 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,763 battles

Here’s the short of it. If I win (and WG allows it) I am picking one of you all to be my proxy and be the in-game commander.  You all deserve this.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles

I think it would be interesting if anyone but jingles won, but jingles has more active viewers than all the other CC's combined and I doubt anyone but him has a slight chance of winning

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles

NoZoupForYou, the people's champion! :Smile_izmena: 

Edited by Sir_Orrin
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

ere’s the short of it. If I win (and WG allows it) I am picking one of you all to be my proxy and be the in-game commander.  You all deserve this

Hey @NoZoupForYou, I have a suggestion.  Maybe even a way to help you out on this.  If you are a CO or XO well lets take this for a trial.  If you have a drill weekend coming up shortly which with the first of the month coming around or how ever your unit does it's weekends.  (I always hated having drill in the middle of the month).  As your Company if you can record them with a video and explain a great reason for this.  Now that would be interesting.  If you are up for that challenge.  I'm pretty sure some of your soldiers who are gamers would probably say yes.  (Voluntary of course not Voluntold)

Edited by torpsRus

[TARFU]
Members
904 posts
5,922 battles

What happens if you pick a 16 year old with no visa? Or an adult that can't drop everything and fly to russia?

[MIA-A]
Members
2,111 posts
6,750 battles
7 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

What happens if you pick a 16 year old with no visa? Or an adult that can't drop everything and fly to russia?

There are adults that can drop everything and take a trip to Russia?

How do I become one??

• Cool 4

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
97 posts
4,546 battles

Best of luck to you sir. As for the people saying jingles will win, the scoring system might actually go against him.

Each CC participating will make a video that warships will upload. They take the views of the video, the comments on the video, and the likes on the video and mutliply them together. Then divide that large number by the CC's total subscribers. This is where jingles having more viewers is going to make things interesting.

Edit: link of the event rules and such.

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,763 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Cruiser_Nurnberg said:

Best of luck to you sir. As for the people saying jingles will win, the scoring system might actually go against him.

Each CC participating will make a video that warships will upload. They take the views of the video, the comments on the video, and the likes on the video and mutliply them together. Then divide that large number by the CC's total subscribers. This is where jingles having more viewers is going to make things interesting.

Edit: link of the event rules and such.

That and a large chunk of his viewers also play games other than warships.  Still, I would be lying if I didn’t say it’s an uphill battle for anyone against him, and rightfully so I suppose.  

It’s really an odd thing to do.  I imagine 90% of players don’t even know CCs exist and won’t even know who the CC is that winds up in-game.  5% hate CCs regardless, 4% like a particular CC only, and 1% are cool with whatever.  And that’s ships in general :p

Beta Testers
2,984 posts
4,399 battles

if you or WG can pay for my travel costs and visa,ok.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles

Honestly, the person that's been most influential in game to me, has been LWM, and I don't think she can even compete in this. lol

Zoup, I've always liked your content, as well as many others, as for Jingles, he should have already been made a commander!

I think you may have the best chance of winning simply by doing this offer, and lets be clear, that winner needs to be the mouse! lol

but, Dasha works too if the mouse turns it down. =)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
19 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Honestly, the person that's been most influential in game to me, has been LWM, and I don't think she can even compete in this. lol

Zoup, I've always liked your content, as well as many others, as for Jingles, he should have already been made a commander!

I think you may have the best chance of winning simply by doing this offer, and lets be clear, that winner needs to be the mouse! lol

but, Dasha works too if the mouse turns it down. =)

Mouse could appear as her Chibi review persona (and we might even get Lert thrown in for free). Much as I love Zoup's work, Jingles might have the edge in that he's ex-Royal-Navy and I'd say we're quite possibly getting an RN commander and campaign with the RN destroyer release.

Other captains I would support for sale are Cap and Fishy, the latter most particularly in his Space Battles armour.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,685 posts
8,130 battles
5 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I think it would be interesting if anyone but jingles won, but jingles has more active viewers than all the other CC's combined and I doubt anyone but him has a slight chance of winning

Jingles did the math, he stated that Flamu had an equal or higher chance of winning due to all his subscribers being WoWs players.

Eiither or, though Zoup drives a nice bargain, Jingles or iChase are who i am voting for. iChase did some epic guides that are still relevant today. And Jingles requires no introduction...

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles

I'm all for LWM getting to be a captain, especially since she is already a fun cartoon character.

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,763 battles

All fine by me, and trust me...  I’m not in the least bit sad if you throw your support behind someone else...  though I do hope it’s a fellow NA CC :)  

In all honesty, I’m not a fan of pitting CCs against each other like this and much rather have had WG just come out and give it to Jingles outright instead of concocting something like this that is just going to rankle the community.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
23 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

All fine by me, and trust me...  I’m not in the least bit sad if you throw your support behind someone else...  though I do hope it’s a fellow NA CC :)  

In all honesty, I’m not a fan of pitting CCs against each other like this and much rather have had WG just come out and give it to Jingles outright instead of concocting something like this that is just going to rankle the community.

Here's a question that occurred to me. Whoever wins, do they go into the game under their real name, do they get to pick a fictitious name for their captain, or does Wargaming assign one to them? 

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
1,750 battles

Why would I want some rando who might sound like Steve Buscemi and look like Danny Devito to win this?

Hard pass.

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,763 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Here's a question that occurred to me. Whoever wins, do they go into the game under their real name, do they get to pick a fictitious name for their captain, or does Wargaming assign one to them? 

That’s actually a good question.  Much has really not been defined that well...

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles
46 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I agree, Jingles is like the grandfather of World of Warships. He's been around the longest, and deserves the spot. I feel like most of the other CCs aren't even trying to win. At least from what I've seen. You don't want it, Notser doesn't and I haven't even seen a Flamu video on it. I personally want all of you to win. You all make great content. The only person who I think is really getting cheated on is LWM. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
27 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Why would I want some rando who might sound like Steve Buscemi and look like Danny Devito to win this?

Hard pass.

I'd be more scared of someone who looks like Steve Buscemi.

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,763 battles
9 minutes ago, Sir_Orrin said:

I agree, Jingles is like the grandfather of World of Warships. He's been around the longest, and deserves the spot. I feel like most of the other CCs aren't even trying to win. At least from what I've seen. You don't want it, Notser doesn't and I haven't even seen a Flamu video on it. I personally want all of you to win. You all make great content. The only person who I think is really getting cheated on is LWM. 

This contest really hurts the non YouTube creators and CCs.