Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Aftermath of last night's server crash

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,744
[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts

Wondering if anyone else had/is having the same problems I am experiencing after the crash last night.  I was just going into a battle when the server went down.  I wasn't able to get out of the battle loading screen and after 5 minutes I had to crtl-alt-del out and kill the client in task manager.  When the server came back up is when the problems started.

First thing I noticed when the client was loading was I was in semi-minimised Windowed mode (I played full screen mode) and I could hear the game music playing (I had it turned off).  

Once the game loaded I saw that all of my setting were changed.  Resolution was re-set, ship carousel was re-set, all of my many custom key bindings were back to default, music was turned on, graphic setting were set to minimal (I play at max)... basically it was like a fresh install.  So I went to work putting everything I could remember back in place.

Most troubling is the fact that now I cannot play in full screen mode anymore.  No matter what resolution I set if I choose Full Screen Mode my monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then I get a "NO HDMI SIGNAL" message pop up (this is with a GeForce 1070 Ti driving a 28" Asus HD Monitor and I have never had a problem with Full Screen before).  I did a client integrity check and no problems were found but the problem persisted so I went to the drastic step of uninstalling and reinstalling the client but the issue remains.  The only thing I can think of is that the crash buggered up my video drivers so I may take a run at updating them when I get back from work tonight.  So two questions.

1) Did anyone else have similar problems or am I just the lucky one?

2) Any thoughts on why I wouldn't be able to set Full Screen Mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles

The difficulty started just as the current battle ended.  Instead of a battle report, it kicked our whole team to the Login page.

And then we couldn't log in because it said the server was down.

So I tried my Alt account... and it logged in.  They were also doing clan battles there, and had the exact same problem.

I switched over to coms with them and started up an new clan battle division..  Collected up the loose players.  Slowly, the folks who were in battle were able to log back in.

The guy in charge of the earlier Clan Battle Div was completely locked out.  In fact, from outside, it looked like he was the 8th member of my div - as we went into clan battles.

The next 5 battles were the most FAIR Clan Battles I've had in a while (my shots counted and enemy fire wasn't stupid accurate). 

Other folks wanted in so I switched back to the other clan and managed to get in.  Terribad Battles..  Nobody could get a break.  Straight losses.  RNG was troll hateful.

So shells are only supposed to arc VERTICALLY..  not HORIZONTALLY...  right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,998
[ARGSY]
Members
6,307 posts
4,256 battles

I think you are the (un)lucky one. I went and played a few Public Test Server games, came back a bit and the live server was up with all good.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

There was a server hardware issue last night. Fem was quickly letting people know in discord that it was known and things were getting fixed as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,744
[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The difficulty started just as the current battle ended.  Instead of a battle report, it kicked our whole team to the Login page.

And then we couldn't log in because it said the server was down.

So I tried my Alt account... and it logged in.  They were also doing clan battles there, and had the exact same problem.

I switched over to coms with them and started up an new clan battle division..  Collected up the loose players.  Slowly, the folks who were in battle were able to log back in.

The guy in charge of the earlier Clan Battle Div was completely locked out.  In fact, from outside, it looked like he was the 8th member of my div - as we went into clan battles.

The next 5 battles were the most FAIR Clan Battles I've had in a while (my shots counted and enemy fire wasn't stupid accurate). 

Other folks wanted in so I switched back to the other clan and managed to get in.  Terribad Battles..  Nobody could get a break.  Straight losses.  RNG was troll hateful.

So shells are only supposed to arc VERTICALLY..  not HORIZONTALLY...  right??

 

Ummmmmmmm... you read the first post ,right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
170 posts
8,553 battles

I had the division issue (though I was never knocked offline). Made the executive decision to call CBs for the night because the system was just too wonky for my liking.  No other issues that I've noticed.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,744
[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

There was a server hardware issue last night. Fem was quickly letting people know in discord that it was known and things were getting fixed as soon as possible.

Really?  No Kidding!   And here I was asking in my OP if anyone liked Ham Sandwiches!

 

 

 

 

 

Reading really is OP, isn't it?   Even titles of thread...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
160 posts
9,160 battles

Yep. My clan got kicked out, had to wait close to 30  min to get back in, and when we got in a few members could not join the div. We waited until about 9:30 CST and called it a night. We normally play about 15 CBs a night, but only got in two last night. So we basically lost a night. Considering we only play two nights a week and we had the full team present last night, that was a big loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Wondering if anyone else had/is having the same problems I am experiencing after the crash last night.  I was just going into a battle when the server went down.  I wasn't able to get out of the battle loading screen and after 5 minutes I had to crtl-alt-del out and kill the client in task manager.  When the server came back up is when the problems started.

First thing I noticed when the client was loading was I was in semi-minimised Windowed mode (I played full screen mode) and I could hear the game music playing (I had it turned off).  

Once the game loaded I saw that all of my setting were changed.  Resolution was re-set, ship carousel was re-set, all of my many custom key bindings were back to default, music was turned on, graphic setting were set to minimal (I play at max)... basically it was like a fresh install.  So I went to work putting everything I could remember back in place.

Most troubling is the fact that now I cannot play in full screen mode anymore.  No matter what resolution I set if I choose Full Screen Mode my monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then I get a "NO HDMI SIGNAL" message pop up (this is with a GeForce 1070 Ti driving a 28" Asus HD Monitor and I have never had a problem with Full Screen before).  I did a client integrity check and no problems were found but the problem persisted so I went to the drastic step of uninstalling and reinstalling the client but the issue remains.  The only thing I can think of is that the crash buggered up my video drivers so I may take a run at updating them when I get back from work tonight.  So two questions.

1) Did anyone else have similar problems or am I just the lucky one?

2) Any thoughts on why I wouldn't be able to set Full Screen Mode?

Your game settings are in preferences.xml try renaming that file to like preferences.xml.bak to force it to recreate it. I wasn't playing during the crash last night, but I have the same video card as you and I use a 40" Samsung 4K TV to play with (at 2560 x 1440) What's interesting to me is looking my preferences file it still has the GPU ram listed from my old card, and inaccurately at that and the resolutions it has listed aren't what I use but I'm pretty sure mine is set borderless fullscreen.

EDIT: Your custom keybinds are also in that file, listed at the bottom.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,108 posts
520 battles
12 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Your game settings are in preferences.xml try renaming that file to like preferences.xml.bak to force it to recreate it. I wasn't playing during the crash last night, but I have the same video card as you and I use a 40" Samsung 4K TV to play with (at 2560 x 1440) What's interesting to me is looking my preferences file it still has the GPU ram listed from my old card, and inaccurately at that and the resolutions it has listed aren't what I use but I'm pretty sure mine is set borderless fullscreen.

EDIT: Your custom keybinds are also in that file, listed at the bottom.

You may delete preferences.xml when you are not in game, it will be generated for the next start. Some ingame options you'll need to put once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles
4 hours ago, JCC45 said:

 

Ummmmmmmm... you read the first post ,right?

 

Thought you could use a few more symptoms.  The defect locked out accounts..  The server was always up and running.

Everybody's battle ended - the after-battle recovery was scrambled and corrupted.  This is what locked everyone out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,744
[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Thought you could use a few more symptoms.  The defect locked out accounts..  The server was always up and running.

Everybody's battle ended - the after-battle recovery was scrambled and corrupted.  This is what locked everyone out.

OK... thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×