You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Ishizuchi needs a buff: Super Heal or don't even show up

Ishizuchi  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Super heal for Ishizuchi?

36 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

How is Ishizuchi "good" anymore? She was never great, but with every new line, she gets more and more outclassed at Tier IV. I mean, Kaiser and Orion might as well not have citadels, and though Courbet does, good luck hitting it most of the time. Compare their citadels with Ishzuchi and you begin to see the problem. Ishizuchi has a MASSIVE, AND I MEAN MASSIVE, CITADEL. It's comparable to Nelson's in terms of the fact you don't even have to aim real hard for it to hit it, but at least Nelson has good firing angles and has all forward facing armament. 

Ishizuchi doesn't. What's worse, she has poor firing angles on Turret No. 3, but unlike New York, which has the same problem, Ishizuchi has terrible AP pen, and thus terrible average AP DPM, but even the HE isn't great.

The ROF is good, but the theoretical DPM for both shell types in practice is only achieveable for about 10 seconds( this has to include Turret No. 3, as all theoretical DPM calcuations include all guns the ship has) before you get insta-deleted because Turret No. 3 baited you into showing just shallow enough angle to allow you to be multi-citadeled, thus going ka-blamo and not achieving anything with the theoretical DPM.

She's flexible, yes. So is Emerald. If Flexibility can't save Emerald from being at best one of the worst Mehbotes in the game, it can't save the Emerald of BBs, Ishizuchi, from being one of the worst mehbotes, either.

Remind me again why this ship takes citadels with the frequency of Nelson yet doesn't have a "new ship button"?(I.E., a super heal)

• Bad 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
7 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Remind me again why this ship takes citadels with the frequency of Nelson yet doesn't have a "new ship button"?(I.E., a super heal)

It's a target barge so new players can learn the concept of citadels. :cap_haloween:

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's a target barge so new players can learn the concept of citadels. :cap_haloween:

Not helpful.:fish_palm:

In all seriousness, though, how can Ishizuchi be considered balanced with so many huge weaknesses and barely any strengths?

As I said before, if  the Flexibility criterion can't save Emerald, it can't save the Squishyzuchi(heh, heh) either.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

OTOH it can train captains which Orion can't! So there!

A buff would be welcome.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

OTOH it can train captains which Orion can't! So there!

A buff would be welcome.

Yes.

Yes it would. At this rate, I miss Myogi. At least Myogi has overmatch.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
29 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

You asked to be reminded why she takes cits so (in your mind) easily so I supplied an answer. You may not like it, but in order for any answer to be helpful, you must ask the right question, that is, properly phrase it. 

dced52f2-615a-11e7-8d40-ac162d8bc1e4.gif

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

I never found her weak tbh as the buffs she received helped a lot and she burninates things just fine.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,561 battles

Sooooo...   You REALLY want the current Scenario Operation to become that much harder....

I kind of like the easy stuff at the beginning.  Can you imagine if those Zucchinis became turtle-backs??

Spend half the battle just putting those boats away.

Edited by AVR_Project

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles

lmbo, the ship goes 27 knots, has similar armor to the Myogi AND Kongo, fast firing guns with great HE, it has AP that absolutely wrecks DDs and CLs, a can still over match the bow of all the BBs its sees (minus Guilo Ceasar but not even the Yamato can either). Has the largest HP pool of T4. If it wasn't for the fact the ship has no AA and sees CVs 60% of the time I would call her OP

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles

A ship with a 52.95 % WR  needs a buff?

[USCG]
Members
201 posts
12,935 battles

Took her out twice this weekend with Yamamoto at the helm. First game six kills, second five. Kraken with Yamamoto = fireworks, super heal & rapid reload. I was like a cruiser I was shooting so fast...it was awesome!!  Hands down the best games I’d ever had in her.  With regards to needing a buff, she’s a T4 BB, she’s fine as is. 

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

She's somewhat counter-intuitive in nature.  Her most effective tactics involve spamming cruisers and destroyers with AP and standing off against battleships with HE volleys.  One of my earliest premium "licenses" and so my winrate in her is nigh-unto miserable.  When I do get back to her, having a reasonably skilled captain who can make the most of her agility and recently(ish)-buffed HE makes a world of difference.

Also, everyone's point about very common Tier IV and V carriers is very pertinent.  She's just a soggy zucchini in their world, and would be excellent target practice for manual drops... if there were such a thing at that tier.

-R

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
44 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

She's somewhat counter-intuitive in nature.  Her most effective tactics involve spamming cruisers and destroyers with AP and standing off against battleships with HE volleys.  One of my earliest premium "licenses" and so my winrate in her is nigh-unto miserable.  When I do get back to her, having a reasonably skilled captain who can make the most of her agility and recently(ish)-buffed HE makes a world of difference.

Also, everyone's point about very common Tier IV and V carriers is very pertinent.  She's just a soggy zucchini in their world, and would be excellent target practice for manual drops... if there were such a thing at that tier.

-R

Winrate or not, she's not a good ship. Her arcs don't allow it, and her citadel is a middle finger to it.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles
11 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Winrate or not, she's not a good ship. Her arcs don't allow it, and her citadel is a middle finger to it.

Then stop sailing broadside 

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
186 posts
7,339 battles

Only thing I'll concede too the OP is the firing angles, they are bad, that is mostly due too deck clutter from lifeboats on the deck, which in a combat scenario wouldn't probably be put somewhere where they could effect gun angles. Just moving that lifeboat would help Ishi a lot.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles
41 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

Only thing I'll concede too the OP is the firing angles, they are bad, that is mostly due too deck clutter from lifeboats on the deck, which in a combat scenario wouldn't probably be put somewhere where they could effect gun angles. Just moving that lifeboat would help Ishi a lot.

Maybe but she has a reasonable rudder shift where you can wiggle her butt out to fire her guns then swing it back in

[S_B]
Members
416 posts
10,714 battles

I don't play her in random anymore as EVERY random battle with her the teams have 2 CVs and she has NO AA protection. She gets focused on pretty early in the battle. I use her for a warmup in co-op these days. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
14 minutes ago, dust340man said:

I don't play her in random anymore as EVERY random battle with her the teams have 2 CVs and she has NO AA protection. She gets focused on pretty early in the battle. I use her for a warmup in co-op these days. 

No AA protection? The Arkansas Beta would kill for that level of AA. It isn't great but your best defense against enemy CV's is to not give them a good shot.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles
42 minutes ago, Kingfishercritic said:

With IFHE, her HE pen is quite strong, and she can easily citadel most cruisers at tier 3 and 4.

You do know she can already do that with her AP and do more damage right? Her AP is actually better than most T4 BBs at wrecking cruisers and destroyers because of the bad penetration means her shells are less likely to over pen 

• Cool 1

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,893 posts
8,840 battles
32 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

You do know she can already do that with her AP and do more damage right? Her AP is actually better than most T4 BBs at wrecking cruisers and destroyers because of the bad penetration means her shells are less likely to over pen 

I am aware. That being said, her HE is far more consistent against battleships than her AP is.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
9 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Then stop sailing broadside 

Dude, one cannot not simply stop sailing broadside to avoid being citadeled in Ishizuchi. Most all Tier IV BBs can penetrate her, even angled.

That's like saying to the Emerald, don't show your broadside, angle, and you'll be fine :Smile_facepalm:

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles
9 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Dude, one cannot not simply stop sailing broadside to avoid being citadeled in Ishizuchi. Most all Tier IV BBs can penetrate her, even angled.

That's like saying to the Emerald, don't show your broadside, angle, and you'll be fine :Smile_facepalm:

Weird I don't have that issue,  just be a player issue.....

Tell you what a quick glance at your stats shows you have a issue surviving in all your BBs, maybe instead of buffing a perfectly fine ship why not ask us for advice to help you become a better player. Post some replays we actually love helping players around here. I'm not trying to stat shame you but legitimately want to help

Edited by Psycodiver

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
11 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Weird I don't have that issue,  just be a player issue.....

Tell you what a quick glance at your stats shows you have a issue surviving in all your BBs, maybe instead of buffing a perfectly fine ship why not ask us for advice to help you become a better player. Post some replays we actually love helping players around here. I'm not trying to stat shame you but legitimately want to help

I doubt it's entirely me. I was amazing with Wyoming,and Wyoming is not known for having great armor or super great angles. Not saying I'm especially good anywhere else, but I was pretty darn good with my Wyoming. No Kraken or high calibers in her though, I'm just not that kind of player as of yet so far.

I'm actually not too bad in my Arizona, either, but a lot(in fact, I'd say over 3/5s) of my battles in her were quite some time ago, and I was worse then. My performance in BBs is not great(but hey, nor is my performance in anything else, for that matter), but it's okay. I'm not a back of the map sniper, and my stats reflect that.(in my terrible survival rate, I'd bet it'd be better if I div'd up often, but I don't. I'm a solo player, generally...

Why is it that people always say "I don't mean to do this thing" and yet then go right ahead and do it anyway? If it wasn't stat shaming, then answer me this, hmm? What was it, if it wasn't stat-shaming.?

Oh, never mind, why do I even bother trying to explain this to you? No one helps, no one makes a difference anyways. I still suck,and probably always will. I'm back to the salt mines full of baked potatoes and roasted tomatoes,(myself included) ready to be feasted upon by actually good players.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles
1 minute ago, legoboy0401 said:

I doubt it's entirely me. I was amazing with Wyoming,and Wyoming is not known for having great armor or super great angles. Not saying I'm especially good anywhere else, but I was pretty darn good with my Wyoming. No Kraken or high calibers in her though, I'm just not that kind of player as of yet so far.

I'm actually not too bad in my Arizona, either, but a lot(in fact, I'd say over 3/5s) of my battles in her were quite some time ago, and I was worse then. My performance in BBs is not great(but hey, nor is my performance in anything else, for that matter), but it's okay. I'm not a back of the map sniper, and my stats reflect that.(in my terrible survival rate, I'd bet it'd be better if I div'd up often, but I don't. I'm a solo player, generally...

Why is it that people always say "I don't mean to do this thing" and yet then go right ahead and do it anyway? If it wasn't stat shaming, then answer me this, hmm? What was it, if it wasn't stat-shaming.?

Oh, never mind, why do I even bother trying to explain this to you? No one helps, no one makes a difference anyways. I still suck,and probably always will. I'm back to the salt mines full of baked potatoes and roasted tomatoes,(myself included) ready to be feasted upon by actually good players.

Well I said that because people are very sensitive about stat shaming around here, when you post about a ship survival issue but blame the ship not yourself when your actually the reason why, I could either make fun of you which would change nothing or I could offer help which would make sailing the Ishizuchi more enjoyable for you.

Your choice after that, post in the main forum asking for advice or continue on your way

• Cool 1