8 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
729 battles

Hello everyone recently i played a game of random i had 4 kills and a devastating strike when the match ended and we won i only got 900 EXP. Why is that? I am confused because i also had flags on can someone explain why i did not get more? 

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
48 minutes ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Hello everyone recently i played a game of random i had 4 kills and a devastating strike when the match ended and we won i only got 900 EXP. Why is that? I am confused because i also had flags on can someone explain why i did not get more? 

HP is more important than kills. What tier you are at matters. How well the others on your team did matters, capping bases, defending bases, spotting. Mainly damage though, and to what type of ship matters. 2/3 of a DD will be worth more than 20,000 HP off of a BB for example.

Members
1,834 posts
17,604 battles
48 minutes ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Need more data...What tier battle? So many possible variables to give a proper answer.

In summary kill shots are worth a little bit of XP but if you only finished off the last little bit of XP to get them not so much...the tier of your ship in relation to the tier of the ships you are hitting plays the biggest factor (hitting higher tier ships in a lower tier ship=much more XP). Even solo capping a point is worth as much XP as killing a whole ship...

3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

HP is more important than kills. What tier you are at matters. How well the others on your team did matters, capping bases, defending bases, spotting. Mainly damage though, and to what type of ship matters. 2/3 of a DD will be worth more than 20,000 HP off of a BB for example.

He wrapped up most of the points I missed...ty S-Dawg

[LOU1]
Members
3,017 posts
8,117 battles

Do you have any screenshots or a replay?  Even though a Dev Strike (50% HP) on a DD could be low damage, the high percentage would be worth more XP.  Also, if you are not running Premium the base XP you receive is not very high (Premium adds 50%).  Even at a lower tier, it would seem you should have received more.  Without a screenshot or replay, we (and Support) can't provide any real answers.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,722 posts
15,351 battles

Were you playing co-op?

Edit - no, not if you earned a Dev Strike...

So then the question is, as others stated, how much damage you did to enemy ships - what % of damage you did.  If the other kills were all low-health enemies that died from one or two of your hits, you don't get much xp from that.

Edited by Lord_Zath

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
8 hours ago, fruitcake2014 said:

Sorry but without 4 screenshots of afterbattle stats it is not easy to say anything certain. Show us any if you have. Otherwise please rewise the WoWS Wiki artical about economy

Members
20 posts
729 battles

Sorry everyone i forgot to take a screenshot i forgot but i have defended the base and no it was not co op it was a tier III battle because i wanted to play low tier for [edited] and giggles i had 3 spotted and 30+ hits i think.

[LOU1]
Members
3,017 posts
8,117 battles

900 XP at Tier 3 might not be that bad...

(Scroll down the linked page for statistics other ships in the Tier and Class)

Tier 3 DD avg XP is in the 500’s, except for Campbeltown and Vampire in the 700’s:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4266538992,Wickes/)

Tier 3 CA is in the 500-600’s:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4279154384,Tenryu/

Tier 3 BB is in the 500’s (KA, 800’s):

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4293867216,Kawachi/

Edited by ExploratorOne