Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Seven Reasons to Like the Mass

12 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,849 posts
13,067 battles

I almost passed on this ship, but decided...what the heck...let's give it a go.  I'm a brawler by trade, running the KM line.  So I figured...why not try that approach with the Mass.  Here are my seven reasons why I like her so far:

hhh.thumb.jpg.396f675f62d24b8501eee1a349afcdef.jpg

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
49 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

lI almost passed on this ship, but decided...what the heck...let's give it a go.  I'm a brawler by trade, running the KM line.  So I figured...why not try that approach with the Mass.  Here are my seven reasons why I like her so far:

& all in 1 battle...nice summary...especially the 25/26 torp beats.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

The German DD line has been nice to me so far too.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,240 posts
12,789 battles

"Not as wonky on dispersion as I thought" .... Sigma is highly overrated on this forum. People assume a .2 difference in sigma means the world, in my experience you're hard pressed to tell the difference except over a large sampling of salvos. 1.7 sigma is still plenty sufficient to plant warheads on foreheads at range, and close by it's a complete non-factor.

Glad you're enjoying the Mass. She did me no wrongs during testing and I quite enjoyed my time with her. Unfortunately various RL issues prevent me from snagging her for myself.

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
418 posts
2,506 battles
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The German DD line has been nice to me so far too.

I, too, thought this thread was about the Maas rather than the Massachusetts. 

Then I read it.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I almost passed on this ship, but decided...what the heck...let's give it a go.  I'm a brawler by trade, running the KM line.  So I figured...why not try that approach with the Mass.  Here are my seven reasons why I like her so far:

If you like to brawl, how could you possibly have even considered skipping the Massachusetts?!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,849 posts
13,067 battles
39 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

If you like to brawl, how could you possibly have even considered skipping the Massachusetts?!

Money.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,589 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

USN secondaries are usually pretty crap. 

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
3 hours ago, MajorEnglush said:

I, too, thought this thread was about the Maas rather than the Massachusetts. 

Then I read it.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Well it was late at night, people should really quit being lazy and use their words.The abbreviation for Massachusetts is MA anyway, unless you are old and don't change with the times. The MA is a good ship but then so is the Lollipop.

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
3 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

USN secondaries are usually pretty crap. 

Usually, yes, you would be correct. But the Massachusetts has tighter dispersion, longer range, and a significantly faster re-load than standard USN secondaries.

5% chance of fire per shell isn't great, but when you fire so many shells you still set fires. The 5" 38cal ballistics also seem to work in your favor, as the arc of the shells means hits in the superstructure and on deck armor rather than shattering against waterline belts.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,589 battles
1 hour ago, SteveStevenson said:

Usually, yes, you would be correct. But the Massachusetts has tighter dispersion, longer range, and a significantly faster re-load than standard USN secondaries.

5% chance of fire per shell isn't great, but when you fire so many shells you still set fires. The 5" 38cal ballistics also seem to work in your favor, as the arc of the shells means hits in the superstructure and on deck armor rather than shattering against waterline belts.

Oh I know all that. I was just pointing out that many won’t read the fine print and won’t know the Massachusetts has good secondaries. 

• Cool 2

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
19 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Oh I know all that. I was just pointing out that many won’t read the fine print and won’t know the Massachusetts has good secondaries. 

Gotcha!

Sign in to follow this