Shipmaster_Crook

Texture Historical Inaccuracy - Musashi

2 comments in this topic

[CROOK]
Beta Testers
415 posts
3,158 battles

Hello! I thought this deviation is worthy enough to make a thread about it to report it, in the hope in can be fixed.

As far as it appears, Musashi is supposed to represent herself, as she looked, when commissioned. Her armaments fit that description perfectly, so I have no problem with her balance or stats. But there is a visual distinction that I feel is currently incorrectly displayed in her texture. Dealing with her windows on her hull. Musashi was commissioned on August 5th in 1942, which is how she looks in game today. Musashi's 1st refit occurred in June of 1942, where 12 unshielded AA mounts were added for and aft of her winged 15.5 cm turrets, not represented in game, meaning she should not have any refits that happened during or after this date to look authentic in-game based on her currently equipped armaments in-game. However, her Windows near the waterline were not sealed until July 1st, of 1943, where in Kure dock 4 she underwent repainting of her bottum, and all windows within 16ft of the waterline under full load were sealed. Thus, this is a discrepancy that I believe should be fixed, and can easily be fixed.

Please fix this ASAP.

Citation:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=cGUuDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA129&dq=Musashi+July+1943+Porthole&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOz9vFxqLcAhWiiOAKHbQ3DgQQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=Musashi July 1943 Porthole&f=false

http://www.combinedfleet.com/musashi.htm

How she looks right now (Ignore my custom skins on her turrets, they are shared with my skin for my Yamato)
shot-18_07_07_22_19.45-0505.thumb.jpg.4756f25fb54363adc966fd5fecc1d4cc.jpg
(All these windows should be open)

• Cool 1

[CROOK]
Beta Testers
415 posts
3,158 battles

Even I can fix this inaccuracy myself rather easily, so it cannot be hard to do for you guys at wargaming.