You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

It's Funny How Often I've Seen in Game After Game

17 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts

People claiming this was broken n OP  or that was :cap_old: The odd thing about it is the people claiming this or that was Almost  Never They're chosen type of Weapon/Class/Ship it was Almost Always Something Someone Else  liked to play.   A few  weeks back  someone created a Furor about how OP the Worcester and broken it was.   He claimed because it had a few thing's the Minotaur didn't that defined OP and refused to listen when people told him the Minotaur had areas the Worcester didn't.   Worcester  RoF stock 13 shots a minute Minotaur  RoF  Stock 18 shots per minute Worcester and this is one of the biggest thing's he ranted about the fact that Worcester  got DFAA while Minotaur did not and that the only thing Minotaur had that Worcester did not was smoke....................Funny he forgot to bring up Minotaur's torpedo's which is something else he forgot to mention Worcester didn't get torpedo's either.   And before that it was people(BB,DD  driver's claiming the Atlanta  was OP n broken)   and the BB driver's were absolutely hysterical over the Assasshio  :Smile_amazed:so eventually the hysteria eventually died down Until  The Next Time  so what will it be next?   An  OP  BB  maybe with a range of 35-40 Kilometers?   With most of the BB drivers this time of course claiming it's fine calm down?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Members
877 posts
4,837 battles

I play Kamikaze and Belfast a lot. They aren't OP, but elegant weapons, from a more civilized time...

Who am I kidding, they are OP AF...

I'm just an evil person.

Matt

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
8 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

People claiming this was broken n OP  or that was :cap_old: The odd thing about it is the people claiming this or that was Almost  Never They're chosen type of Weapon/Class/Ship it was Almost Always Something Someone Else  liked to play.   A few  weeks back  someone created a Furor about how OP the Worcester and broken it was.   He claimed because it had a few thing's the Minotaur didn't that defined OP and refused to listen when people told him the Minotaur had areas the Worcester didn't.   Worcester  RoF stock 13 shots a minute Minotaur  RoF  Stock 18 shots per minute Worcester and this is one of the biggest thing's he ranted about the fact that Worcester  got DFAA while Minotaur did not and that the only thing Minotaur had that Worcester did not was smoke....................Funny he forgot to bring up Minotaur's torpedo's which is something else he forgot to mention Worcester didn't get torpedo's either.   And before that it was people(BB,DD  driver's claiming the Atlanta  was OP n broken)   and the BB driver's were absolutely hysterical over the Assasshio  :Smile_amazed:so eventually the hysteria eventually died down Until  The Next Time  so what will it be next?   An  OP  BB  maybe with a range of 35-40 Kilometers?   With most of the BB drivers this time of course claiming it's fine calm down?

Its all on the player.  If the player is good then the ships are OP, if the player is well a potato then the ship is well garbage.  (Not really garbage) But you get what I mean.  Its all on the players skill level.  I'm not that great of a player so the ship isn't or wouldn't be OP in my hands.  In a skilled player it would be.   I dont think I need to say anymore than that.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I suspect that 9 out of 10 complaints about broken mechanics/op ships are made by players who just bought a ship on enemy's terms, instead of their own. And even if everyone agrees with that ratio, those 9 players will steadfastly believe they are that other 1.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
6 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Its all on the player.  If the player is good then the ships are OP, if the player is well a potato then the ship is well garbage.  (Not really garbage) But you get what I mean.  Its all on the players skill level.  I'm not that great of a player so the ship isn't or wouldn't be OP in my hands.  In a skilled player it would be.   I dont think I need to say anymore than that.

Yup exactly because some players are better (and to tell the truth I'm really not that great a player myself all I have going for me is stubborness )all too often that's gonna have Some People  Claiming this is too OP/Broken remove it further restricting what we can do

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Yup exactly because some players are better (and to tell the truth I'm really not that great a player myself all I have going for me is stubborness )all too often that's gonna have Some People  Claiming this is too OP/Broken remove it further restricting what we can do

I am a potato and I can fully admit it but then again its all based on player skill and that's how you look at it.  I'm old and not great at games point blank.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
609 posts
4,812 battles

Mino is just better than the woooster. Torpedus and their quick reload has returned many a kill as lurking DDs sail into those saturated areas. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
25 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I suspect that 9 out of 10 complaints about broken mechanics/op ships are made by players who just bought a ship on enemy's terms, instead of their own. And even if everyone agrees with that ratio, those 9 players will steadfastly believe they are that other 1.

I will definitely agree with this statement.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles
38 minutes ago, mobryan said:

I play Kamikaze and Belfast a lot. They aren't OP, but elegant weapons, from a more civilized time...

Who am I kidding, they are OP AF...

I'm just an evil person.

Matt

Me looking at Kamikaze and Belfast when they came out: "Meh, belfast looks squishy, and I'm not a fan of Kamikaze."

Me now: "Man I'm stupid." 

55 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

so what will it be next?   An  OP  BB  maybe with a range of 35-40 Kilometers

Yes, range = power. That's why I run range mod and spotter plane on Yamato, I'm literally unstoppable at that range. I once hit an AFK player. 

• Funny 2

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,839 posts
13,051 battles

Nothing...NOTHING (as in no ship or mechanic n this game) is OP enough to overcome sound strategic and tactical play.

Ships that are notably very good are often "notably good" only in the hands of captains who are otherwise "notably good".  When faced with inferior opponents, the combination appears OP...and, by definition, really is OP.  But that's a measure of the playing field in general, not the ship itself.  When faced with equal or superior opponents, the combination is ho hum.   

• Cool 3

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

This is why I just stopped complaining about stuff being OP in chat and instead resolved to parse it all out here on the forums afterwards with a clearer head and some actual numbers to judge. This is also, I suspect, the source of about 95% of ALL complaints against carriers concerning their capabilities versus other ship classes. People don't know how the other side lives, what the ship is like, how it handles and what its weaknesses are, and thus they focus on the stuff that they can see clearly.

• Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,734 battles

Since I play almost all ships and ship types I rarely find anything to be OP, except maybe the Conqueror cause that thing was way broken in the past. (Though oddly enough I don't yet have the ship)

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
11 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

This is why I just stopped complaining about stuff being OP in chat and instead resolved to parse it all out here on the forums afterwards with a clearer head and some actual numbers to judge. This is also, I suspect, the source of about 95% of ALL complaints against carriers concerning their capabilities versus other ship classes. People don't know how the other side lives, what the ship is like, how it handles and what its weaknesses are, and thus they focus on the stuff that they can see clearly. Truth to they don't know nor do they want to.  And even if they were to know most wouldn't care anyway............Most of those(not all of course but most) care only about what they want that includes what they want to play  IE  if something is on an even playing field with they're chosen class and or ship  Welp Then It's OP n Must Be Nerfed

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

Yeah, you know what? I agree. I used to think a lot of ships were OP, but now, I realize that a lot of ships that were very good/almost OP, were either only that way because of player skill, or WG would quickly take a nerf bat to them if it was the ship that was OP. I own Kamikaze, by the way, and I consider her very very strong, but not quite OP, because the torp range still sucks and you have to get close to make those torps work, which exposes you to gunboat DDs and, "oh, hello there. Bye-bye!" Radar. Kamikaze can see radar, unlike the truly formerly OP DD with those torps, Isokaze.

It's also worth noting that I, too, seem to have come down with a bit of a case of "getting better", as somehow I am magically influencing the match more and getting more damage in on targets that matter, at least in my BBs. In my cruisers, well(I suck still). I'm still learning, and still getting better. I think all of those videos from Notser, Ichase, Zoup, Flamu, Panzerknacker, and Aerroon are FINALLY starting to improve my play a bit.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
2 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

It's also worth noting that I, too, seem to have come down with a bit of a case of "getting better", as somehow I am magically influencing the match more and getting more damage in on targets that matter, at least in my BBs. In my cruisers, well(I suck still). I'm still learning, and still getting better. I think all of those videos from Notser, Ichase, Zoup, Flamu, Panzerknacker, and Aerroon are FINALLY starting to improve my play a bit.

Is that contagious? And if so, can I get it too? I'll magically carry or deal like 200k damage and survive or rack up 4 kills in a match once in a while, just stumbling my way to victory; but most times I just feel like a potato.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

Is that contagious? And if so, can I get it too? I'll magically carry or deal like 200k damage and survive or rack up 4 kills in a match once in a while, just stumbling my way to victory; but most times I just feel like a potato.

I think maybe, but it takes a LOT of research and application by trial and error to really get inside the head of a Unicum, and unlock their better WR.

On your second thought, I would have to say Unicum-ness builds from the bottom up, rather than from the top down. What I mean by that is it isn't likely that your best games will be the ones most heavily impacted at the beginning, but your worst. It sounds counter-intuitive, I know, but it's true. You are more likely to notice increased performance/better decisions in the games where everything goes wrong, because then your smart decisions and better performance stick out like a sore thumb against a background where nothing else but them actually really attributed much at all to your score. This applies also to MM, I think. In my experience, you don't learn anything close to the amount you learn when you are bottom tier versus when you are top-tier. 

Also, another way to know that you are improving is you will get, on average, a slowly increasing damage total in very joe-average, hum-drum affairs of games, where everything just gets handed to your team on a silver platter.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Not counter-intuitive at all to me. The more you improve, the fewer mistakes you make and less times you will get in trouble for making those mistakes. And the higher you get the more minor those mistakes get to be and the harder they are to spot. Sound logic. I'd +1 but I'm out for the night.

Edit: Actually that gives me an idea! Next ship I unlock (or the next one I decide to grind for a bit) I'll screenshot and save the results of my first five battles. Then, once I get close to eliting it, I'll screenshot the results of the last few for comparison. That should be enough to show some nice progression.