You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

clan battles extension for tonight?

35 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,785 battles

Well i'm having a strange glitch, i'm currently stuck in a "phantom" division with a clan mate. It says we're in battle and in that division even though we're obviously not.

I can't get invited into other divisions and i can't leave the one i'm supposedly in.

Edit: Clan mate found a "solution" (still in the process of doing it), apparently this problem has happened to other community members and they managed to fix it by deleting the preferences.xml file on their main WoWS folder, apparently it records your current port instance. Deleting it and waiting around 10 minutes for the server to realize the mistake and later re-downloading the file through the launcher SEEMS to be the solution.

Will update again in a bit while to see if it works.

Final Edit: Well, that did not work at all. preferences.xml saves your options so when you reload the options will simply go back to the default options. Sadly it did nothing to resolve the phantom division problem. I guess we'll just have to wait for some mayor server reset.

Edited by Saidalphon
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
697 posts
251 battles

There are no plans to extend CB tonight.  Again we apologize for the tech issues, we've identified and resolved a hardware issue so hopefully won't be a problem going forward.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[R-F]
Members
5 posts
14,107 battles
3 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

we've identified and resolved a hardware issue

It's still not working...

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
14 posts
2,473 battles
4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

There are no plans to extend CB tonight.  Again we apologize for the tech issues, we've identified and resolved a hardware issue so hopefully won't be a problem going forward.

And i still cannot launch a random battle

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

same issue happen last weekend but this time it hit during prime clan battle time. Hope the bug has been found and wont affect us next sunday>?

[TF]
Alpha Tester
23 posts
2,848 battles

When I crashed from the server is was a DIV leader and am now stuck in the div with out being in it. It won't let me join my CB div with out exiting the current div the server sez I am in.  SMH........

[BOTES]
Beta Testers
127 posts
10,065 battles

Not tonight, but the CB's season should be extended.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,682 posts
9,083 battles

I am still showing in a CW division and in battle. I can play random & co-op, form divisions for them but I can't play CW. I suppose the reset will fix it but I was actually into CW for a change.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,126 posts
7,737 battles

Well, the issue is that anyone stuck on a ghost division can't join a division for anything else, including CB, Co-Op and Randoms. A more sensible compensation for those affected by this would be adding an extra day to the clan wars season. It was already a shortened season to begin with, so something unfair like this happening should be address.

Alpha Tester
1,306 posts
9,391 battles

This is a major issue for my clan, we have a few members but are dedicated and have made it to the top league each season. But now we can not even run a match due to most of my team stuck in our previous match when the server crashed, they are therefore unable to join the new division. This is absolutely ruining our clan progress, not to mention that the last game we where in the struggle for Typhoon and now we don't even know if our hard fought win counts. If it counts as a loss this will mean we are back to storm league 1, which needless to say is total [edited].

SQ6zhZY.jpg

• Bad 1

[KNTAI]
Members
3,126 posts
7,737 battles

Err, you're not alone. Many others are having the same issue, including me. Until they get around fixing this ghost division issue, you can't join any other division for anything, because the game still thinks you're on the bugged out one.

[WGA]
Administrator
697 posts
251 battles

Unfortunately we do not believe the division issue will be fixed for some of you until the server restart tomorrow AM.  This is obviously an ongoing conversation we are having internally and we do appreciate the patience.

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,462 posts
11,780 battles
20 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Unfortunately we do not believe the division issue will be fixed for some of you until the server restart tomorrow AM.  This is obviously an ongoing conversation we are having internally and we do appreciate the patience.

Second weekend in a row with server disconnects, locking players, etc....

Could it have something to do with micro patch 2 weeks ago?

[IGB]
[IGB]
Members
9 posts
4,153 battles

THIS IS B.S. Not only is this the second time I get locked out. But it Shows my clan mate leading a division when he is logged off the game that shows in battle and I can not make or join a division and am losing out on Prem...Clan battle time is [edited]

• Funny 1

[MORSV]
Members
113 posts

Compensation from WG for problems that are at their end is something I've never seen, so don't bet on them giving anything for the current problem.  They didn't last week, either.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,682 posts
9,083 battles
46 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I wqas able to get in using the play in a division option but another clan member was not able to.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

SYN lost almost an hour tonight, and the original div never went away. Fortunately, we were able to load into another div and keep going.

That said, WG, when something breaks on YOUR end, and we get messed up due to it, the right thing to do is make up for it. At the very least, we deserve a day added to the season.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3,632 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

hardware issue? thats strange. one of the hamsters get caught in a fan?

• Funny 1

[MORSV]
Members
113 posts
7 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

SYN lost almost an hour tonight, and the original div never went away. Fortunately, we were able to load into another div and keep going.

That said, WG, when something breaks on YOUR end, and we get messed up due to it, the right thing to do is make up for it. At the very least, we deserve a day added to the season.

I really doubt they will unless its a way they can make money off it

like a discount in the premium shop

all you have to do is buy something to get compensated for this.